By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

GribbleGrunger said:
FIT_Gamer said:

It's the Halo 5 bundle. It's available at all retailers except Amazon. 

Now THAT i something to take into consideration. I can see that haing a huge impact for this month and there's no way we'll be able to use Amazon if it's selling well at other retailers. Consider my current prediction reassessed.

It's the best selling bundle at gamestop. It's the cheapest and arguably the best deal availalbe. 

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:

It's the best selling bundle at gamestop. It's the cheapest and arguably the best deal availalbe. 

Yep, that'll be it then. We need an update to the Amazon thread showing other retailers in the OP so we can cross reference in the future if this happens again. Plus Gamestop is bricks and mortar and people are more likely to trade in their OG XB1 there. It makes sense for MS to do this when they know it's likely more current owners than new owners will buy the XB1s. My slump prediction is looking more likely now.

So we have a new consideration for Amazon and it is easily rectified by offering alternative links for times like these:

1: Consoles in the top 20 perform much better
2: Consoles lower than the top 20 can perform just as well but it depends on what software is pushing them down
3: Consoles much lower in the charts stack closer so a console at 35 (for instance) may well be beaten by 2 consoles at 36 and 37
4: Preorders from previous months need to be taken into consideration
5: Some console bundles are exclusive to other retailers and so therefore can't be calculated correctly by Amazon alone

Tell me if I missed anything. Have you got a link to the Gamestop's bestsellers chart?

The PS5 Exists. 

Amazon is definitely weird right now. Pro taking away sales from the slim....XB1s main bundle not being stocked. Amazon is probably going to be off for awhile. I think until the Pro releases and we get an IW slim bundle and the Halo bundle gets back in stock. But it's crazy that none of the other XB1s bundle are charting. Either something is up with the ranking, or those are not selling well at all.

Here's a list of other retailer charts that i posted before

Bestbuy
Walmart
Toy's R Us
GameStop
Overall charts http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0,134f
Target

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

double post

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

GribbleGrunger said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Yep, that'll be it then. We need an update to the Amazon thread showing other retailers in the OP so we can cross reference in the future if this happens again. Plus Gamestop is bricks and mortar and people are more likely to trade in their OG XB1 there. It makes sense for MS to do this when they know it's likely more current owners than new owners will buy the XB1s. My slump prediction is looking more likely now.

So we have a new consideration for Amazon and it is easily rectified by offering alternative links for times like these:

1: Consoles in the top 20 perform much better
2: Consoles lower than the top 20 can perform just as well but it depends on what software is pushing them down
3: Consoles much lower in the charts stack closer so a console at 35 (for instance) may well be beaten by 2 consoles at 36 and 37
4: Preorders from previous months need to be taken into consideration
5: Some console bundles are exclusive to other retailers and so therefore can't be calculated correctly by Amazon alone

Tell me if I missed anything. Have you got a link to the Gamestop's bestsellers chart?

We should also take into consideration if a bundle has no more stock but is still selling elsewhere.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

We should also take into consideration if a bundle has no more stock but is still selling elsewhere.

Naaa, bundles are forever going out of stock and then getting restocked. I've been doing this a long time and it has never affected the results before. That's just a natural ebb and flow we see on Amazon and it's always been there. BUT if a bundle is been sold everywhere and not on Amazon at all, then we need to know about it.

The PS5 Exists. 

DannyDanger89 said:
everybody wants a ps4 pro... i wonder if its gonna be the same when scorpio comes out

You can't play Sony exclusives with a Scorpio. 

It seems VR hasn't help PS4 at all, looking only at Amazon.

Basicaly only early adopters thata alread have a ps4

Pionner said:
Amazon is definitely weird right now. Pro taking away sales from the slim....XB1s main bundle not being stocked. Amazon is probably going to be off for awhile. I think until the Pro releases and we get an IW slim bundle and the Halo bundle gets back in stock. But it's crazy that none of the other XB1s bundle are charting. Either something is up with the ranking, or those are not selling well at all.

*snip

Someone pointed out a few days ago that the 1TB Gears 4 bundle has a problem as it doesn't have any rank so it's likely not charting at all so we don't have a clue how well it is even selling on Amazon, Even if it was hardly selling anything we would see a rank of something like #450 even the niche of the niche games that sell a handful of copies a week have ranks of likke #4699 but since Gears 4 bundle doesn't even have a ranking column there has to be a poblem with it.

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#05 PSVR Launch Bundle (same)
#08 PSVR Headset (down 1)
#28 PS4 Pro (same)*
#51 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#58 PS4s UC4 Bundle (up 4)
#67 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up 2)
#79 N3DSXL Galaxy (up 6)
#89 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (down 1)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#07 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#08 3DS Pokemon Sun (up 1)
#64 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (down 5)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists.