By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Kerotan said:
jason1637 said:

Actually with EA Access and Origin there games are 10% off at launch.

Why get 10% when you can get 30% plus they're physical copies and therefore have trade in value. 

I'm' not disagreeing with you just pointing that out. Madden sold like above 750k in Sep and around 900k ins Aug. That's a large amount of people getting the game later.

Around the Network

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#05 PSVR Launch Bundle (down 1)
#06 PSVR Headset (same)
#26 PS4 Pro (same)*
#51 PS4 Fool's Edition (same)
#55 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 9)
#70 PS4 UC4 Bundle (down 6)
#87 N3DSXL Galaxy (down 4)
#91 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (up 6)
#99 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (down 6)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#07 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#09 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#53 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (down 1)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

jason1637 said:
Kerotan said:

Why get 10% when you can get 30% plus they're physical copies and therefore have trade in value. 

I'm' not disagreeing with you just pointing that out. Madden sold like above 750k in Sep and around 900k ins Aug. That's a large amount of people getting the game later.

Nice analysis.  So it seems a huge portion of the market are aware of price drops soon after launch and wait.  It's not a good thing for the publisher that and I feel EA will suffer from this more and more going forward.

It's a bit like Microsoft and the xbox. A huge portion of consumers just wait for 1 of the many insane deals they offer during the year to clear stock / boost sales. 

GribbleGrunger said:

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#05 PSVR Launch Bundle (down 1)
#06 PSVR Headset (same)
#26 PS4 Pro (same)*
#51 PS4 Fool's Edition (same)
#55 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 9)
#70 PS4 UC4 Bundle (down 6)
#87 N3DSXL Galaxy (down 4)
#91 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (up 6)
#99 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (down 6)

#53 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (down 1)

XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

x1 battlefield bundle will do some serious damage when it comes out. Look at it, shooting up the charts. 

12 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#05 PSVR Launch Bundle (same)
#08 PSVR Headset (down 2)
#28 PS4 Pro (down 2)*
#52 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#62 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 7)
#69 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up )
#85 N3DSXL Galaxy (up 2)
#88 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (up 3)

#59 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (down 6)

XB1: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

October will be an easy Xbox one wins in my opinion. It's obvius that there is something wrong with Xbox one on Amazon right now.

If it outsold PS4 by almost 50k in September, October is literally almost a given. And no, VR won't do nothing.

October is the month of Battlefield 1 with the XBOX marketing, and Gears of War for almost the intere month, both with a bundle, while PS4 sales will get eaten by the Pro releasing next motnh.

I think XBO/PS4 October should be at least as big as in September, aka >50k for XBO.

Ryng_Tolu said:
October will be an easy Xbox one wins in my opinion. It's obvius that there is something wrong with Xbox one on Amazon right now.

If it outsold PS4 by almost 50k in September, October is literally almost a given. And no, VR won't do nothing.

October is the month of Battlefield 1 with the XBOX marketing, and Gears of War for almost the intere month, both with a bundle, while PS4 sales will get eaten by the Pro releasing next motnh.

I think XBO/PS4 October should be at least as big as in September, aka >50k for XBO.

And it's only affecting XB1?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

And it's only affecting XB1?

?

Ryng_Tolu said:

It's the Halo 5 bundle. It's available at all retailers except Amazon. 

FIT_Gamer said:

It's the Halo 5 bundle. It's available at all retailers except Amazon. 

Now THAT i something to take into consideration. I can see that having a huge impact for this month and there's no way we'll be able to use Amazon if it's selling well at other retailers. Consider my current prediction reassessed.

The PS5 Exists.