By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Ryng_Tolu said:
Pionner said:
GameStop
Overall charts http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0,134f

Sorry if i ask again but i think is legit i have some doubt, are you really 100% sure this is the list of BEST SELLERS?

Cause every time i open that list i see most of times (90% i swear) 3DS on top, and while as all know i would love it, i also have my doubts...

Is there any difference between GameStop and Amazon's ranks ?  Is one more reliable than the other ?

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

Sorry if i ask again but i think is legit i have some doubt, are you really 100% sure this is the list of BEST SELLERS?

Cause every time i open that list i see most of times (90% i swear) 3DS on top, and while as all know i would love it, i also have my doubts...

Gamestop have always been known for manipulating the charts in order to promote certain consoles. The chart is never representative of how things really are, BUT just the fact the Halo bundle is being sold everywhere except Amazon gives us reason to re-evaluate what we're seeing. That's the only worthwhile metric, not the chart itself.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Gamestop have always been known for manipulating the charts in order to promote certain consoles. The chart is never representative of how things really are, BUT just the fact the Halo bundle is being sold everywhere except Amazon gives us reason to re-evaluate what we're seeing. That's the only worthwhile metric, not the chart itself.

What has to do the Halo bundle with 3DS on top Gamestop charts?

Ryng_Tolu said:

What has to do the Halo bundle with 3DS on top Gamestop charts?

I struggle to understand where you're coming from sometimes. You just questioned the validity of the Gamestop charts. I just verified to you that they're not reliable and they've been know to manipulate the charts in order to promote certain consoles. I then brought it back on topic, which was the reason the Gamestop chart was posted in the first place.

The PS5 Exists. 

Psvr has pretty much sold out its initial shipment to people who already own a PS4. Obviously it has no chance of boosting ps4 sales. You're hardly going to buy a ps4 for psvr and not get it. Anyone who's going to jump in will do so with future shipments.

Around the Network

3 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#09 PSVR Launch Bundle (down 4)
#12 PSVR Headset (down 2)
#27 PS4 Pro (same)*
#50 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 3)
#56 PS4s UC4 Bundle (down 4)
#67 PS4 UC4 Bundle (up 1)
#70 N3DSXL Galaxy (up 5)
#82 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (up 6)
#94 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (up 3)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#06 3DS Pokemon Moon (up 1)
#07 3DS Pokemon Sun (up 1)
#58 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (up 3)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

Ryng_Tolu said:
Pionner said:
GameStop

It probably is the bestsellers list, but I also doubt its bestseller list is nearly as good at predicting the overall market when compared to Amazon. Even though Gamestop is the biggest player in US marketshare, I'd bet only a fraction of that comes from the website. Amazon, however, is at least 5 % of the marketplace by itself, if not more by this point. Amazon's online marketshare is colossal. For example, I remember the ps4 being on top of the gamestop charts during holiday 2014, when the One had its most dominant months, whereas the One was clearly on top looking at the Amazon charts. 

I observe the Gamestop charts too, and yeah. Something does seem off with it. According to that chart, the PS4 slim is the least popular console ever made or something. I do, however, believe they feel the need to move a lot of Xbox Ones though. Maybe by arrangement? They were selling OG Xbox One bundles for $229 with a new $60 game included. Sounds like they give Xbox more priority overall.

6 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#11 PSVR Launch Bundle (down 2)
#13 PSVR Headset (down 1)
#29 PS4 Pro (down 2)*
#52 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 2)
#56 PS4s UC4 Bundle (same)
#68 PS4 UC4 Bundle (down 1)
#73 N3DSXL Galaxy (down 3)
#77 XB1s-1tb Battlefield Bundle (up 5)
#99 XB1s-1tb Madden Bundle (down 5)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#05 3DS Pokemon Moon (up 1)
#06 3DS Pokemon Sun (up 1)
#58 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (same)

PS4: 4 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

The PS5 Exists. 

Ryng_Tolu said:
Pionner said:
GameStop

Who cares ? Nobody gives a damn about the 3DS except you.  :P