By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. October bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

nanzano said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

Cause it is used and only being resold by third party sellers. It shouldn't be counted in lists as the initial sale was made long ago by the original owner. It may be used, but it's still a ps4, which is all that matters this gen. 

Thats bad for microsoft as the S is a really great console. But for almost $500, vs a used ps4 for half the price, it's easy to see. 

Used items are not counted in the ranking unless it is a new thing.

So why are they listing "ps4 standalone"? Those don't come with games and you haven't been able to buy a ps4 without a game since 2014. im confused. 

Around the Network

xbox looked like it was winning a couple of days and now things are back to PS on top.
Gears comes out tomorrow right? doesnt look like the effect was that big.

GribbleGrunger said:
Robbie2010 said:

Why is the X1 dropping so hard?

My guess would be three things: the biggest majority of people buying the Gears Bundle was existing XB1 owners, PSVR is helping to push PS4 sales a little and PS4 Pro is more compelling than a console with only a third of its power.

Don't forget: Why would people buy XB1 now at normal price when there are constantly deals, like every months or so?

What Nanzano wrote above...

xl-klaudkil said:
Soo,sony is not making any ps4s anymore?
That's weird

So this is you joking, right?

You must be aware of these.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
nanzano said:

Used items are not counted in the ranking unless it is a new thing.

So why are they listing "ps4 standalone"? Those don't come with games and you haven't been able to buy a ps4 without a game since 2014. im confused. 

Well I don't think a mother or father will buy the COD or Last of us bundle to his/her 13 year old son/daugther as a Birthday gift (lol). Ps4 is also selling well for 3rd parties, it is a good bussiness though.

Edit: By the way guys, I preodered the PS4 Pro last week, I watched the Horizon Z D 4k trailer on my brothers 55" 4k TV and it blowed me away lol

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

Around the Network
Mike_L said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Soo,sony is not making any ps4s anymore?
That's weird

A big pillar of success this gen is that Sony has made the right choices for marketing deals.

By the way, I saw FITgamer at N4G comments today.

Is that  you ?

8 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#34 PS4 Pro (down 2)*
#48 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 4)
#58 PS4 UC4 Bundle (down 9)
#70 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (same)
#79 N3DSXL Galaxy (same)
#81 PS4s UC4 Bundle (re-entry)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#03 XB1 Gears 4 (same)
#06 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#07 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#08 PS4 Rise Of The Tombraider (up 1)
#11 WiiU Paper Mario Colour Splash (same)
#13 PS4 Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (same)
#23 PS4 Dragon's Quest Builders (up 3)
#55 PSVR Batman (up 6)
#63 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (up 5)
#71 PSVR Rush Of Blood (up 5)
#82 Vita Valkrie Drive (down 11)

PS4: 4 SKUs, 4 in the top 100 /2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 25 SKUs, 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

That second hand market ...

The PS5 Exists. 

walsufnir said:
Mike_L said:

A big pillar of success this gen is that Sony has made the right choices for marketing deals.

Agreed. Sony made a lot of clever choices early in this generation but the best have probably been in marketing.

1. Replacing Deutsch L.A. with BBH New York to lead their PS4 ad campaign has lead to some of the most focused and effective marketing ever seen. Additionally, BBH New York has created a great deal of PS4 campaigns that went viral including "Greatness Awaits" and "Perfect Day".

2. Securing major marketing partnerships with franchises formerly associated with Xbox like Call of Duty, Battlefront (Star Wars) and Destiny (Bungie) has also helped propelling PS4 sales especially in the US and UK. With Mass Effect: Andromeda it looks like Sony could be going for the WRPG market next. Microsoft had both Fallout 4, The Withcer 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

GribbleGrunger said:

8 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#34 PS4 Pro (down 2)*
#48 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 4)
#58 PS4 UC4 Bundle (down 9)
#70 XB1s-2tb Gears Bundle (same)
#79 N3DSXL Galaxy (same)
#81 PS4s UC4 Bundle (re-entry)

Does not affect this month (*)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#03 XB1 Gears 4 (same)
#06 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#07 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#08 PS4 Rise Of The Tombraider (up 1)
#11 WiiU Paper Mario Colour Splash (same)
#13 PS4 Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (same)
#23 PS4 Dragon's Quest Builders (up 3)
#55 PSVR Batman (up 6)
#63 PS4 World Of Final Fantasy (up 5)
#71 PSVR Rush Of Blood (up 5)
#82 Vita Valkrie Drive (down 11)

PS4: 4 SKUs, 4 in the top 100 /2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10
XB1: 25 SKUs, 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10

That second hand market ...

He looks like Black Kaz Hirai (@_@)