By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the eurogamer Nintendo NX is here

Mar1217 said:
DélioPT said:

The other people include IGN and the Wall Street Journal. Even Emily Rogers backed it up.

Glad that you have some faith in their ''sources'' but I don't + Why didn't we get a follow-up since then ? Logically, they would have way more info to share by now but it's not the case.

Everything is questionable in the report they gave back in July.

There have been follow ups. LVPG and Emily Rogers talked about a split d-pad, d-pad/analog positioning, detachable motion controllers on the wing that are similar to the Vive pads, etc. Even Eurogamer had other follow ups like their source saying he'd seen games running on the system and that it was something in between a PS3 and PS4, graphics wise. 

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
Soundwave said:

Peer Schneider at IGN has been covering Nintendo in depth longer than some people on this board have been alive (since 1996). 

Is he wrong too? He said they cross verified that report with several of their own sources at IGN. 

And Semi Accurate and LPVG and Wall Street Journal too. This is like the PS4 Neo and XBox Scorpio leaks, it's not just a Eurogamer thing. 

Look. I know you really want the hybrid to happen, but no one for sure. Even if it does happen, it will be the biggest letdown ever. Especially since the hybrid has already been done, and the detachable controllers have already been done. This means that Nintendo has been so secretive about a underpowered (vs the twins) machine with a 720p screen.

Is that what you really want?

What difference does it make what I want? Nintendo does whatever the hell they want, personally I think they popped a giant boner when they saw the hybrid prototype and decided to go all in because they're Nintendo and they go crazy over shit like that (and detchable toy-like controller wings ... yes, that's very much up Nintendo's design ally). 

What's so original about what SuperMetalDave 64 wants? He wants basically a Nintendo PS4. Even using the exact same chip more or less that Sony and MS are using. Polaris this and Polaris that, like shut up already about Polaris (to SMD64). You have no clue even if Nintendo used AMD that they would ever use that chip. 

Every one of the last two generations we've gotten a deluded group of Nintendo fanatics who let themselves get into a tizzy over hyped hardware that never happend. First the "Revolution" was definitely going to be on par with the XBox 360 at least. Then it was "OK, well no HD, but it'll match XBox 360 at SD". Uhhhh ... nope. 

Then Project: Cafe/Wii 2 ... oh for sure now Nintendo will have a chip comparable to the XBox One and PS4. Months of speculating over some super duper IBM CPU tech (lol). And an AMD 4850 (1 TFLOP performance) for sure. Nooooooooooope. 

This is just the same people falling for the same crap a third time. 

JWeinCom said:

Eurogamer didn't say anything about the SCD.  Nintendo has a patent for it, but that doesn't mean it will actually be used.  If it is, and the rumor is otherwise true, then it's definitely better, but still nothing terribly exciting.  If Nintendo is going to continue to exist as a hardware developer, they'll need to reach outside their fanbase.  Otherwise, they'll just slowly wither away.

They are reaching outside their fanbase.  With smartphone games.  That market push doesn't need to be tied to hardware.

Soundwave said:

If they can maintain 50-60 million users on their NX hardware (the same as the 3DS has) but have a singular software base, so that things like Splatoon are available to ALL Nintendo fans and not just 1/5 of them, they'll be fine. 

Right.  And given their strong 1st party sales, a 50-60 million user base is disproportionately more profitable for them than eg. Sony/MS,  although to be clear, I think they can achieve above that level because it is combined handheld-homeconsole userbase they can appeal to. On top of fact that they have more profitable hardware, and lower cost approach to software development over-all.

Soundwave said:
bunchanumbers said:

Look. I know you really want the hybrid to happen, but no one for sure. Even if it does happen, it will be the biggest letdown ever. Especially since the hybrid has already been done, and the detachable controllers have already been done. This means that Nintendo has been so secretive about a underpowered (vs the twins) machine with a 720p screen.

Is that what you really want?

What difference does it make what I want? Nintendo does whatever the hell they want, personally I think they popped a giant boner when they saw the hybrid prototype and decided to go all in because they're Nintendo and they go crazy over shit like that (and detchable toy-like controller wings ... yes, that's very much up Nintendo's design ally). 

What's so original about what SuperMetalDave 64 wants? He wants basically a Nintendo PS4. Even using the exact same chip more or less that Sony and MS are using. Polaris this and Polaris that, like shut up already about Polaris (to SMD64). You have no clue even if Nintendo used AMD that they would ever use that chip. 

Every one of the last two generations we've gotten a deluded group of Nintendo fanatics who let themselves get into a tizzy over hyped hardware that never happend. First the "Revolution" was definitely going to be on par with the XBox 360 at least. Then it was "OK, well no HD, but it'll match XBox 360 at SD". Uhhhh ... nope. 

Then Project: Cafe/Wii 2 ... oh for sure now Nintendo will have a chip comparable to the XBox One and PS4. Nooooooooooope. 

This is just the same people falling for the same crap a third time. 

Its kinda hard to argue with his logic though. A Nintendo PS4 will at least be able to get the 3rd party titles that the PS4 gets. Plus since they are strongest in Japan, they will get those same Japanese PS4 games that don't end up on Xbox. Then add on Nintendo first party games and you got a really solid system that could move units in Japan and in the west.

You're right. Nintendo does what they want. Reggie running around E3 saying the words Red Ocean doesn't help anything. It will most likely be a gimmicky weak console that will have stupid add ons that we gotta pay more money for. But its still not for certain yet. At this point SMD has just as much clout as Emily Rogers. Probably more since his source did predict the Nintendo games lineup.

Mar1217 said:

Soundwave said:

Mar1217 said:

Glad that you have some faith in their ''sources'' but I don't + Why didn't we get a follow-up since then ?
Logically, they would have way more info to share by now but it's not the case.
Everything is questionable in the report they gave back in July.

There have been follow ups. LVPG and Emily Rogers talked about a split d-pad, d-pad/analog positioning, detachable motion controllers on the wing that are similar to the Vive pads, etc. Even Eurogamer had other follow ups like their source saying he'd seen games running on the system and that it was something in between a PS3 and PS4, graphics wise.

Let me ask you this. Since the beginning of this saga, did we have any concrete proof of everything that has been said so far ? (Picture,video, clear quotes, etc ... ) 
Rumors and speculation should be taken with precaution cause in most case they will only mislead people into false believe and assumptions(Ex: The false NX controller). Seeing people jumping on the gun right away is making sick.

It makes me sick that when people directly respond to points raised, demonstrating the facts of "follow up" / "more information",
which you previously claimed would be the "logical expectation", you drop the ball and change the goal posts to cry for yourself.
And exactly what "false NX controller"?  False by what facts?  Whatever makes you feel good is true?  Get a grip, seriously.

Around the Network

Forgot If I posted this but Aikun has been trying to sell their Morphus product since 2014. Also just found out a company named Vizon Mobile also has this product: http://www.vizonmobile.com/morphus.html

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Mar1217 said:
Ok ... it's good for him being able to raise his point. But what does it had ?
Nothing concret. It's just more rumors/speculation, so there was no point for me to follow up on what he said.

The fact remains,
he provided exactly what you asked for, follow-up from the same sources with more info to share which would be "logical".
And then you change the goal posts because you don't want to hear anything not to your liking.
Is that what you call good faith dialogue?
If there's is no point in the follow-up with more information, why did YOU raise it to begin with?
Being real, you alleged the lack of follow-up information as showing the implausibility of the leaks.
When the fact they were followed up (by your own logic) re-enforces their coherency, even if it's not "100% solid" enough for you.
Yet even though you yourself brought up that issue when you thought it was in your favor, you refuse to acknowledge it.
You don't have to change your ultimate belief, but acknowledging the response to the point you yourself raised,
and saying "OK, well your own belief is perhaps  better founded then I first alleged" is just basic decency.
If you're not willing to engage even on points you yourself raise, what is the point of dialogue to begin with?

And btw, to be clear, I misunderstood your statement re: "false NX controller" as referring to the Eurogamer/etc leaks.
Honestly, I never put any faith in the pic you just reposted, nor did I see it given similar coverage (to EG hybrid leaks) in gaming press/etc.

Well, that is something.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Forgot If I posted this but Aikun has been trying to sell their Morphus product since 2014. Also just found out a company named Vizon Mobile also has this product: http://www.vizonmobile.com/morphus.html

awesome stuff, I was believing the rumors but after this i'm not that sure anymore. yeah could be something similar but this is the same concept.

SuperNova said:
A recap of the video would have been nice.

Also, not quite sure what to think of this. SMD did have one big legit software libeup leak, but it doesn't sound like he has any more info on NX than the next guy. He also comes off really salty about the eurogamer rumor for no good reason, wich I don't get.

It kinda makes you wonder if perhaps SMD does actually know something via a source, but is purposely not saying that because he may have taken some heat for the previous leak.  So instead, he is finding things on the web that are there for anyone to see that corroborate his statements.  Who knows really.  

OT:  The "Eurogamer leak" may well be real, or at least based on incomplete information, but the more I read and hear, the less likely it seems.  I mean, unless there's a genius secret hook to it or they're just doing it in some awesome new way, it just doesn't sound like a great idea for Nintendo.