By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the eurogamer Nintendo NX is here

archbrix said:

OT:  The "Eurogamer leak" may well be real, or at least based on incomplete information, but the more I read and hear, the less likely it seems.  I mean, unless there's a genius secret hook to it or they're just doing it in some awesome new way, it just doesn't sound like a great idea for Nintendo.

They made Wii U.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Forgot If I posted this but Aikun has been trying to sell their Morphus product since 2014. Also just found out a company named Vizon Mobile also has this product: http://www.vizonmobile.com/morphus.html

awesome stuff, I was believing the rumors but after this i'm not that sure anymore. yeah could be something similar but this is the same concept.

its definitely a crazy situation lol

If Eurogamer is completely correct then that would mean Nintendo completely stole these companies ideas down to the very last detail o.o

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

bunchanumbers said:
Soundwave said:

Peer Schneider at IGN has been covering Nintendo in depth longer than some people on this board have been alive (since 1996). 

Is he wrong too? He said they cross verified that report with several of their own sources at IGN. 

And Semi Accurate and LPVG and Wall Street Journal too. This is like the PS4 Neo and XBox Scorpio leaks, it's not just a Eurogamer thing. 

Look. I know you really want the hybrid to happen, but no one knows for sure. Even if it does happen, it will be the biggest letdown ever. Especially since the hybrid has already been done, and the detachable controllers have already been done. This means that Nintendo has been so secretive about a underpowered (vs the twins) machine with a 720p screen.

Is that what you really want?

I personally just want a Nintendo home console thats worth getting again. Unified platform is one way to achieve this as there will be far more quality games and Nintendo will be overall more profitable. I also want a powerful Nintendo handheld and this ticks that box. I didn't get a 3DS or Wii U, Nintendo killing 2 birds with 1 stone obviously makes it a more compelling purchase for me. NX doubling as a tablet definitely adds value to it and I can see myself using it as a casual distraction. One thing is clear and its that Nintendo is not displacing Playstation 4 as the primary core gaming system and with the event of the Neo/Scorpio there is nothing new for them to offer spec wise like many people initially hoped NX would when it was first announced in 2015. For this reason having 2 seperately sold units (a handheld/home console) doesn't make sense, the home console would flop into oblivion and be heavily underutilised if the same games have to run on a handheld system 1/8 the strength of the console.

I'm happy for the EG/IGN/WSJ rumours to be off and for me to be completely surprised come the reveal but people are using really bizzare logic to try and descredit these very relaible sites and their own sources. IGN report a lot of trash rumours but they rarely back them with their own sources like they have the NX.

Mar1217 said:
DélioPT said:

The other people include IGN and the Wall Street Journal. Even Emily Rogers backed it up.

Glad that you have some faith in their ''sources'' but I don't + Why didn't we get a follow-up since then ? Logically, they would have way more info to share by now but it's not the case.

Everything is questionable in the report they gave back in July.

As Soundwave mentioned, there were updates to that first leak, even if small details.

Well, when you have several respected outlets getting in contact with their sources - and we aren't talking some random guy/girl on the internet and their sources - and they basically say the same thing... i do think that adds a little credibility to the idea of NX being a portable with detachable controllers.
Of course, it doesn't prove anything per se, but... it's really strange to assume that all those sources are the same person/people who say the same thing to everyone or there really are multiple sources who really know their stuff. Because i really haven't seen another rumour stating that it would be anything else. Have you?

Personally, i do believe there's something more (and BIG) that we haven't been told. Something that, to me, will make sense of that idea that NX will redefine not just portables, but home consoles.

mutantsushi said:
archbrix said:

OT:  The "Eurogamer leak" may well be real, or at least based on incomplete information, but the more I read and hear, the less likely it seems.  I mean, unless there's a genius secret hook to it or they're just doing it in some awesome new way, it just doesn't sound like a great idea for Nintendo.

They made Wii U.

They also made the Wii and the NES.  Still doesn't mean that this hybrid idea is great necessarily.

Around the Network

What a pain.

PwerlvlAmy said:
onionberry said:

awesome stuff, I was believing the rumors but after this i'm not that sure anymore. yeah could be something similar but this is the same concept.

its definitely a crazy situation lol

If Eurogamer is completely correct then that would mean Nintendo completely stole these companies ideas down to the very last detail o.o

Lateron we find out the real reason NX was delayed was legal issues :p

Not lack of games, they had to settle with these Aikon guys first.

It would be super weird if nintendo launched a new product that was a rip off from another company.