By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the eurogamer Nintendo NX is here

Well, this started with Eurogamer but if i'm not mistaken, this leak was corroborated by other people.
Also, nothing shown stops Nintendo from doing this too... although it's not really encouraging knowing no one wanted this.

The idea of this leak - again, confirmed by other sources - being a decoy seems really farfetch.
I'm not a fan of this concept but i can't see it not being true. And with that in mind, i really, really, hope Nintendo was smarter than this: wii remotes for the home console is not something gamers want... again.

Around the Network

Very interesting. Great find. I just want to comment on the Morphus X300 controllers. It looks cheap and ergonomically unpleasant when attached, and like it would easily be one of the worst controllers of all time when detached. Was THIS how the NX controller was purported to function when in "docking mode"? Jesus tapdancing Christ.....count your blessings.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I believe this to be a case of 'multiple discovery.' Nintendo's take on this concept will be far better, of course (the D-pad & connected buttons look awful).

COKTOE said:

Very interesting. Great find. I just want to comment on the Morphus X300 controllers. It looks cheap and ergonomically unpleasant when attached, and like it would easily be one of the worst controllers of all time when detached. Was THIS how the NX controller was purported to function when in "docking mode"? Jesus tapdancing Christ.....count your blessings.

Agreed, I made a thread a while ago asking what leaks people liked, and no one liked any of the leaked designs. No one.

We have never heard a company taking or copying ideas from others. His arguments are also really bad: "3rd parties said the NX is a game changer. Innovative. Ubisoft said it will bring Nintendo back in the race!" Just like the Wii U! Never count Nintendo out, am I right?

And yeah, I'm a supporter of the "Hybrid - Emily Rogers + Eurogamer - NX". It just makes a lot of sense (Nintendo doesnt want to abandon handheld market, but they realise it is a dying/dead market, so a hybrid is the best they can do).

I gotta say, poor guys that made the Morphuss X300. I think it looks great! But it hasnt sold well? And when (if) Nintendo does release the NX and it looks like that but it actually sells? It would be a pain in the ass.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Crazy this thing has been around since 2014 and we just now heard of it

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Idk...  I actually like this

Slarvax said:
We have never heard a company taking or copying ideas from others. His arguments are also really bad: "3rd parties said the NX is a game changer. Innovative. Ubisoft said it will bring Nintendo back in the race!" Just like the Wii U! Never count Nintendo out, am I right?

And yeah, I'm a supporter of the "Hybrid - Emily Rogers + Eurogamer - NX". It just makes a lot of sense (Nintendo doesnt want to abandon handheld market, but they realise it is a dying/dead market, so a hybrid is the best they can do).

I gotta say, poor guys that made the Morphuss X300. I think it looks great! But it hasnt sold well? And when (if) Nintendo does release the NX and it looks like that but it actually sells? It would be a pain in the ass.

The point is why make a console/handheld expensive for the sake of being expensive. You can easily shave $100+ by releasing two seperate pieces of hardware that have the same games, and believe me, when (insert 1st party Nintendo title) sells however many copies across both pieces of hardware Nintendo isn't going to give two craps about on which device it was sold on.

Making 1 library of games across 2 different platforms makes however much one platform sells inconsequential. It's a win win for Nintendo. Keep hardware prices low, sell insane amounts of software.

PwerlvlAmy said:

And that people dont like the concept of the hardware, and the company that made it has trouble selling it (at 299$).

Nintendo could probably make their version of this sell better on their brand name alone.

But they would probably still need to price it around 199-249$.

So much for orginality though and "nintendo is scared others will copy them", when in fact it looks like they copied others.

chakkra said:

Me too. When I saw that video I was like "why didnt this sell?".

Its probably because of their Name. People will be like Aikon who? or whatever their name was.

JRPGfan said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

And that people dont like the concept of the hardware, and the company that made it has trouble selling it (at 299$).

Nintendo could probably make their version of this sell better on their brand name alone.

But they would probably still need to price it around 199-249$.

So much for orginality though and "nintendo is scared others will copy them", when in fact it looks like they copied others.

chakkra said:

Me too. When I saw that video I was like "why didnt this sell?".

Its probably because of their Name. People will be like Aikon who? or whatever their name was.

Nothing is confirmed yet. We don't really know what NX is. We can't say Nintendo copied yet.