By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quantum Break finally arrives on Steam, so here are some deals

Well, My patience paid off!

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network
Chazore said:
KBG29 said:
Not a fan of this. Microsoft needs to keep its exclusives, exclusive. They need to do everything they can to squash out Steam, and take full ownership of the Windows platform. I would rather see them making more exclusive deals with major 3rd parties, and than giving up any leverage they already have.

Hopefully, this doesn't go over well, and they don't continue on this path. The more focused they are on moving people to Windows 10, the better it is for everyone.

I see you have a huge thing for eco systems and complete and utter domination of the free market. That is somnething MS will never dominate, especiallty with Steam around and what Steam does that MS does not will ensure Steam stays ahead of MS. I think it's far better that we get options to play our games on whatever client we want rather than being locked to an OS and it's store. More choices for is great for everyone. 

I can't believe you would hope for the client that has served PC gamers for years fails over the other that has screwed them over for years and still does. You really have a huge thing for corps screwing over consumers and then controlling eevrything within their reach, it's disgusting.

Yeah, we have pretty much exactly opposite views. I preffer iOS, and PS Vita OS over Android, and I preffer the PS4, XBO, and Mac OSs, over Windows and Linux, although, I like the direction Microsoft is taking Windows.

I have no problem with people liking things that oppose my views, but I am always going to bring up my side when it comes to a debate or discussion, just as I would expect you would as well. I would hbope that would not completely distroy our forum relationship though. I would love to talk games, VR, and other gaming related stuff, without our views on OSs and ecosystems causing a rift.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

This price is good for me. XB1 used version is still around 4,000 yen in Japan.

KBG29 said:

Yeah, we have pretty much exactly opposite views. I preffer iOS, and PS Vita OS over Android, and I preffer the PS4, XBO, and Mac OSs, over Windows and Linux, although, I like the direction Microsoft is taking Windows.

I have no problem with people liking things that oppose my views, but I am always going to bring up my side when it comes to a debate or discussion, just as I would expect you would as well. I would hbope that would not completely distroy our forum relationship though. I would love to talk games, VR, and other gaming related stuff, without our views on OSs and ecosystems causing a rift.

No, I think you do have a problem, because when something threatens your vision, you wish it to be squashed. The way you wrote about MS and the desire to squash Steam tells me what I needed to know. You value controlled eco sysrtems where I lack any form of control or options, having choices that bend the competitors is a direct threat to your vision. We already talked before about how you love competition, but only when it's around to benefit youyr absolute and only favourite, ather than being able to drop your faveorite whenever the competition prove otherwise, but you have already admtited that you never will so that point goes out the window.

You can bring up your side all you want, but it only amounts to the worship of a company, the desire to lose options and control. You are very much for a company rather than for me or anyone else who wishes for more options and less lock downs. You wouldr ather dictate what I do with my hobby than allow me and others to sway how the market should react, you'd rather they do that to me instead. I don't know what kind of relationship you expected, your desires directly clash with mine and as such, they attempt tot ake away any freedom I might have. You have your own fredom, but never to take mine away in terms of choices and options. You wish to remain and lock yourself to one, I do not and as such I do not want to be absorbed by an eco-system the way you want to.

I don't think there can be much in terms of discussion when it comes to those other topics you mentioned. The past few have already had the same outcome; a wish for Sony to sink it's teeth into those and dominate, same now with MS. You inject your desire for total control which will always, always clash with mine, because that view alone just exists to take away mine, with my view, I allow you to hop to whever you want to go, I have no desire to lock you down to a single choice. I don't mind where you go to or from. Your view however, would lock me down and give me far fewer options and choices with very little meaningful competition.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Cool, not that interested in the game, but a Steam sale may tempt me at some point. Happier for the potential of more coming over in the future.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Mafioso said:

Not too bad. GTX960 can give you VHQ at 30 fps locked. Seems you can't run it with the budget e-sports cards unless you drop to High or Medium IQ.

hunter_alien said:

Holly shit... the performance is not great? Thats is downright terrible :| Yeah, gonna wait for this to receive patches and pricedrops before buying.

Funny how you two see it so completely different.

Performance isn't great, Mafioso, because an 280X or an 960 are much more powerful than what's inside an XboxOne, yet they don't show that advantage. At the same time, hunter_alien, I wouldn't call it terrible either, as it's playable with a very wide range of cards.

Playable... sure. Is it well optimized? Not even close. As good as the game looks, its obviously a rushed port. In all honesty I was expecting a far better performance, after the Windows Store version fiasco. Never the less, I will probably play it later on, but I still remember playing Alan Wake on a mid-range laptop when it released on PC, back in the days, and having no issues running it on high.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

hunter_alien said:
JEMC said:

Funny how you two see it so completely different.

Performance isn't great, Mafioso, because an 280X or an 960 are much more powerful than what's inside an XboxOne, yet they don't show that advantage. At the same time, hunter_alien, I wouldn't call it terrible either, as it's playable with a very wide range of cards.

Playable... sure. Is it well optimized? Not even close. As good as the game looks, its obviously a rushed port. In all honesty I was expecting a far better performance, after the Windows Store version fiasco. Never the less, I will probably play it later on, but I still remember playing Alan Wake on a mid-range laptop when it released on PC, back in the days, and having no issues running it on high.

It's obvious that Quantum Break's PC port hasn't been a good one, and that is shown with the fact that both the Windows Store and the Steam versions run at the same 720p upscaled to 1080p resolution that the XboxOne., and that it pales in comparison to Alan Wake's port.

But even with that, it's far from a bad PC port as the game is playable on most PCs.

Let's not forget that the table I posted is with "Very High Quality" settings and that cards like the 280X or the 770 that were mid-range and launched before the XboxOne arrived to the market can run it at a locked 30fps. Lower the details to "High" and even older/weaker cards can run it too.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

How many here gets above 60 fps without upscaling on?

JEMC said:

The russian site gamegpu.com has benchmarked this Steam version, and it still upscales from 720p to 1080p like the X1 and Win10 versions, and the performance isn't great.

But does performance increase if you get a monitor that refreshes faster? :P

Going to give this a pass. I'll pick it up on the Xbox One when it's like $5 in a year or two's time. Bad Ports don't deserve my hard earned cash. IMHO.
Even if there is underlying technology that intrigues me in the games engine.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--