By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quantum Break finally arrives on Steam, so here are some deals

JEMC said:
Mafioso said:

Not too bad. GTX960 can give you VHQ at 30 fps locked. Seems you can't run it with the budget e-sports cards unless you drop to High or Medium IQ.

hunter_alien said:

Holly shit... the performance is not great? Thats is downright terrible :| Yeah, gonna wait for this to receive patches and pricedrops before buying.

Funny how you two see it so completely different.

Performance isn't great, Mafioso, because an 280X or an 960 are much more powerful than what's inside an XboxOne, yet they don't show that advantage. At the same time, hunter_alien, I wouldn't call it terrible either, as it's playable with a very wide range of cards.

Its a console port at the end of the day. 

I also look at that graph more openly. It doesn't show max framerate, and still the frame variance across all cards is fairly narrow.  The game does look better on PC, and XBO is not a 'Very High Quality' preset as far as image quality. Just some perspective, its clear this isn't some showcase of scalability but most people with a decent current gaming PC can play this title.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Around the Network
Mafioso said:
JEMC said:

Funny how you two see it so completely different.

Performance isn't great, Mafioso, because an 280X or an 960 are much more powerful than what's inside an XboxOne, yet they don't show that advantage. At the same time, hunter_alien, I wouldn't call it terrible either, as it's playable with a very wide range of cards.

Its a console port at the end of the day. 

I also look at that graph more openly. It doesn't show max framerate, and still the frame variance across all cards is fairly narrow.  The game does look better on PC, and XBO is not a 'Very High Quality' preset as far as image quality. Just some perspective, its clear this isn't some showcase of scalability but most people with a decent current gaming PC can play this title.

There are good, "meh" and bad console ports, and this one seems to be (at least to me) like a "meh" one. Remedy did a better job with Alan Wake.

By the way, here there are a couple videos comparing the DX11 and DX12 versions of Quantum Break:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/quantum-break-runs-significantly-faster-on-nvidias-hardware-in-dx11/

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Wow, I would only get 40fps in 1080p with my R9 290 which I still regard as pretty high-end.

What a huge mistake by Microsoft to accept a bad port the first thing they do when they enter Steam. So out of touch, once again. They had a golden opportunity to rebuild their image as a high quality PC game provider, but they screwed it up immediately.

Why the f*ck don't they understand how gamers work and the importance of goodwill and the perceived image of quality and to be trustable?

Now I don't expect the future Age of Empires game to be any good at all. Expect a dumbed down mobile port with cartoon graphics.

Steam version runs on older windows versions too.
And it runs the game BETTER than the windows 10 store version.

Windows store never seems to get any breaks.

JRPGfan said:
Steam version runs on older windows versions too.
And it runs the game BETTER than the windows 10 store version.

Windows store never seems to get any breaks.

I just saw a Digital Foundry looking at performance. On Radeon cards, its seems to run about the same. On Nvidia cards, it benefits greatly from running on DX11 versus DX12 on Windows Store.

Bottom line, optimization doesn't look great either way. I enjoyed this game though and I played the less polished X1 version. Its worth checking out even if you can't do it at ULTRA graphics settings.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
JEMC said:

The russian site gamegpu.com has benchmarked this Steam version, and it still upscales from 720p to 1080p like the X1 and Win10 versions, and the performance isn't great.

Also, according to DSOG's article, the game can't be maxed out and do well with a single GTX 1080 either. That and the game isn't going to support SLI/Crossfire and the 10 version isn't getting the DX 11 patch either. Basically it's not looking all that great to be honest.

I'd be pissed if I bought a 1080 and couldn't max out a console game ported to DX 11 and no SLI support. 

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/quantum-break-official-steam-requirements-revealed-will-be-dx11-only-will-not-support-mgpus-systems/

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Not a fan of this. Microsoft needs to keep its exclusives, exclusive. They need to do everything they can to squash out Steam, and take full ownership of the Windows platform. I would rather see them making more exclusive deals with major 3rd parties, and than giving up any leverage they already have.

Hopefully, this doesn't go over well, and they don't continue on this path. The more focused they are on moving people to Windows 10, the better it is for everyone.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Not a fan of this. Microsoft needs to keep its exclusives, exclusive. They need to do everything they can to squash out Steam, and take full ownership of the Windows platform. I would rather see them making more exclusive deals with major 3rd parties, and than giving up any leverage they already have.

Hopefully, this doesn't go over well, and they don't continue on this path. The more focused they are on moving people to Windows 10, the better it is for everyone.

The Windows Store is one of the worst digital stores I've used. I would love to have a MS backed Steam alternative, but they don't have it. They even got the most basic things wrong, like having the option to choose hdd before starting the download like on Steam.

JEMC said:

The russian site gamegpu.com has benchmarked this Steam version, and it still upscales from 720p to 1080p like the X1 and Win10 versions, and the performance isn't great.

A 1080 pushes out 90fps.... In 1080p??

Wow that's pretty bad, also no SLI support as well.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

KBG29 said:

I see you have a huge thing for eco systems and complete and utter domination of the free market. That is somnething MS will never dominate, especiallty with Steam around and what Steam does that MS does not will ensure Steam stays ahead of MS. I think it's far better that we get options to play our games on whatever client we want rather than being locked to an OS and it's store. More choices for is great for everyone. 

I can't believe you would hope for the client that has served PC gamers for years fails over the other that has screwed them over for years and still does. You really have a huge thing for corps screwing over consumers and then controlling eevrything within their reach, it's disgusting.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"