By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky being investigated for false advertising

KLXVER said:
Fei-Hung said:

First I was told no due to the 14 day policy, but to take it further I would need to email hello games, get a template reply and forward onto Sony so they can investigate further. 

Then I was told there was no false advertisement. 

Finally I got a supervisor call back who said it's not false advertisement, they are within their rights with the 14 day policy and I can't have my money back. As for my complaint about the customer service I got brushed off with a "we will look into it internally." 

Why do you even waste your energy on this? I mean calling these people will just up the cost of what you have already spent on this game.

Just leave a comment on Hello Games and Sonys Twitter and be careful of them in the future.

You are right, but it's one of those things where are started something and wanted it seeing through. The main reasons for the calls which followed were I was promised calls back and the amount of conflicting information. I know better for any future incidences and the biggest lesson of them all not pre-order on Psn.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Trunkin said:

I'd argue that Molyneux has never gone quite so far as Hello Games did, with the exception of Godus. Still, I'd be surprised if he or Lionhead hasn't been sued in the past for all the shit he's pulled over the years.

Yeah, he never promised anything like trees growing in real time and NPCs spawning off spring or your main character being able to have a child you can then play as if your character died in Fable.  Oh wait...

Molyneux is the original false advertising charlatan. And whereas with Hello Games they seemed over excited and over reaching, Molyneux's behavior is a well documented cycle, a sham he's been running AT LEAST since Black and White.  And while Hello Games has mostly just sat quiet, Molyenux will actively blame others for the problems.  He even tried to say Kickstarter MADE HIM LIE with Godus.  

Peter Molyneux pretty much wrote the book on "overpromising," I agree with you there, but I don't recall him lying up to the day of release, and going out of his way to obfuscate the fact that the game that released was not the one he promised. I also don't think he ever went so far as to try to hide and silence those who ended up getting access to the game early, for fear that he'd be caught in his lies before the trap was sprung on his unsuspecting customers.

But then, I wasn't around for Fable 1's lauch. (I was 10 years old, and a gamecube user.)

zero129 said:
Trunkin said:

Peter Molyneux pretty much wrote the book on "overpromising," I agree with you there, but I don't recall him lying up to the day of release, and going out of his way to obfuscate the fact that the game that released was not the one he promised. I also don't think he ever went so far as to try to hide and silence those who ended up getting access to the game early, for fear that he'd be caught in his lies before the trap was sprung on his unsuspecting customers.

But then, I wasn't around for Fable 1's lauch. (I was 10 years old, and a gamecube user.)

No i can agree with this. Pretty much Peter always over promises at the start of development when the game is first being shown and for awhile after.

But by the time of release i can never remember him still promising things to be in the game that wasnt (I could be wrong here?). And pretty much by the time his games came out people knew what was in them and what wasnt.

Well to be fair you could read reviews and previews of NMS before release as well.

zero129 said:
KLXVER said:

Well to be fair you could read reviews and previews of NMS before release as well.

Did the early reviews mention Cut content?, Didnt Sean say not to trust early reviews since they where missing a massive day 1 patch?.

That is true. Forgot he said that.