By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why do MS have to force their stupid W10 updates?

Are Microsoft cunts?

Yes 46 65.71%

No 24 34.29%

Total:70

Because they gave it to you for free, but now they possess your soul.

Around the Network

Forcing you to update by locking out content is fine with me, but straight updating you in the middle of an activity is to pushy. I think they have the right to force people to the newest update to continue to use their product, but at no time should you ever be booted out of an activity, unless their was fair warning, and a reminder within 30min of it happening.

I am a believer in having all devices conected to the network being on the latest update though.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Ka-pi96 said:

Oh and technically I didn`t `choose` to have W10 either. If W7 laptops were still sold I would have gladly bought one of those instead, even if it had cost more. But when W10 is literally the only thing you can buy... ugh

Just get a windows 7 disc and install it on your laptop! Though I prefer Windows 10.

Ka-pi96 said:
RolStoppable said:
Because they can. And you, Ka-pi, shouldn't complain about this because you have spoken in favor of monopolies before.

Have you never seen a hypocrite before or something?

Haha, never change, man, never change!

OT: Even after the free offer ended in July, the GWX program still starts every time I boot my PC. MS and their update system is horrendously out of date, which is kinda hilarious when you think about it. But, at least it's not as bad smartphones, nagging about updates up to several times every week, and you can't even uninstall all the useless crap that came on the phone to begin with, only deactivate. Oh, and the updates keep filling up your (severely limited) storage, causing the phone to nag about that as well, great!

You can set active hours, in which Windows 10 won't automatically update, in your settings. Or, when there is an update, you can choose a moment when to install it, instead of Windows 10 choosing its own moment.

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-configure-active-hours-avoid-windows-10-sudden-restarts-during-updates

You're still forced to update, but at east it won't update while you're in the middle of something.

Around the Network

Every time I receive an update I can choose to postpone it to install later. It only installs automatically if you leave your PC turned on and not reacting on this notification for a while. Also, if I remember correctly Pro version allows to choose when to install updates

Strange i dont have these problems with my PC/laptop. Windows 10 has been amazing. Especially for my PC tower, that thing is 7 years old and Windows 10 has brought new life into it.

Windows 7 is a great OS except it uses more resources and does not allow for DX12. So for gaming Windows 7 is not even close to Win 10 and for general purposes i guess 7 does have less Update headaches. For me updates are smooth and quick on my Laptop but that thing is not even 2 years old. I guess it depends on your hardware weather Win 10 works well or not.

TheDarkBender said:
You can set active hours, in which Windows 10 won't automatically update, in your settings. Or, when there is an update, you can choose a moment when to install it, instead of Windows 10 choosing its own moment.

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-configure-active-hours-avoid-windows-10-sudden-restarts-during-updates

You're still forced to update, but at east it won't update while you're in the middle of something.

This basically.

Windows 10 has never interrupt me when doing stuff it always waits till I shut down and then installs them 

Owww how so many times every version of windows decided to not only auto update as well decided to reboot during install and made me lose something that was in progress.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."