By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to Take 'Final Orders' for Wii U

zippy said:

Sony dont give sales data for Vita, could actually be that Wii U has passed Vita ,we will never know 100%. Vita fans will claim victory but are those hollow claims?

I'm guessing you didn't read the last sentence of my post then? :P

(But yes, that's exactly what I touched on.  Then again, Vita has at least another year or more left in Japan/Asia, so even if it has fallen behind I suspect it'll just catch right back up again from then on).

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I hope it passes 15 million. Still bad, but liveable.

*spoiler alert* 

It won't.  They're only producing enough this fiscal year to sell 800k.

Kresnik said:

Well then.

If true, I guess this'll finally put to bed the age old VGChartz question "When will WiiU pass Vita in sales?"

Ahhh, those were good times.  Well I mean they weren't, you got shit on for being a Vita owner, but there were so many threads and everyone making crazy predictions.

Such as this one, before WiiU launched, where people were predicting such gems as WiiU passing Vita in pre-orders alone (any reason WiiU won't dominate in Japan, right?)

Then there was this one, after launch, where people were convinced WiiU's poor sales were just a lack of games and not a compelling product and basically laughed out at Sensei.

Or this doozy, where people had seen the abysmal WiiU first year and continued to predict it'd happen by the end of 2013.  Thankfully, we started getting responses in these threads of "never" as people begun to realise both consoles were failures.

(It's a shame people can keep voting on polls indefinitely, because it really skews the results compared to how they were at the time, so you have to dig through the replies to really get an idea of what the general consensus was).

Anyway, I don't really have much more to add.  Of course it's a shame to see a piece of hardware sink like this, but I suppose I can't blame them for stopping manufacturing when they don't really have one truly successful market to keep making it for.  I just find it amusing as a user who joined pretty much at the height of "WiiU is going to destroy Vita" threads see it come to this - both going out with a whimper, Vita winning in the end but it's such a hollow victory that no-one cares anymore.

(And I know we won't truly ever know if Vita won, due to Sony stopping shipment infomation, meaning VGC is all we have to go on)

The problem with your post is that Wii U actually won.

In the race to the biggest failure.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Kresnik said:

Well then.

If true, I guess this'll finally put to bed the age old VGChartz question "When will WiiU pass Vita in sales?"

Ahhh, those were good times.  Well I mean they weren't, you got shit on for being a Vita owner, but there were so many threads and everyone making crazy predictions.

Such as this one, before WiiU launched, where people were predicting such gems as WiiU passing Vita in pre-orders alone (any reason WiiU won't dominate in Japan, right?)

Then there was this one, after launch, where people were convinced WiiU's poor sales were just a lack of games and not a compelling product and basically laughed out at Sensei.

Or this doozy, where people had seen the abysmal WiiU first year and continued to predict it'd happen by the end of 2013.  Thankfully, we started getting responses in these threads of "never" as people begun to realise both consoles were failures.

(It's a shame people can keep voting on polls indefinitely, because it really skews the results compared to how they were at the time, so you have to dig through the replies to really get an idea of what the general consensus was).

Anyway, I don't really have much more to add.  Of course it's a shame to see a piece of hardware sink like this, but I suppose I can't blame them for stopping manufacturing when they don't really have one truly successful market to keep making it for.  I just find it amusing as a user who joined pretty much at the height of "WiiU is going to destroy Vita" threads see it come to this - both going out with a whimper, Vita winning in the end but it's such a hollow victory that no-one cares anymore.

(And I know we won't truly ever know if Vita won, due to Sony stopping shipment infomation, meaning VGC is all we have to go on)

Still peanuts compared to Johnlucas' epic failures. But I have to say; even I am shocked at how low Wii U sales are, and I was always among the more conservative in my predictions and outlook.

Boberkun said:

Another lie from Nintendo:

Wii U got as much support as PC from that pic. In 2016 they announced more games for smartphones, than for Wii U.

Smart phone gameing is a big bussiness as much as we like to think otherwise.

You could say that the PS Vita got more games than the Wii U though, and not be wrong, and make a better point of it.

But we all know the reason why, nintendo is just dumping the Wii U, and focusing their efforts on the NX instead.

It hurts abit to see nintendo like this, I hope they do better with the NX.

Around the Network

I'll have to buy a few of them and keep them in my attic.

BasilZero said:
MikeRox said:

NSMB U has been the price of a Nintendo select title in the UK at least for years anyway.

I'm in the US though where the game is still $60 :(!

Damn thats rough!

Even more so as in Europe it still got a Nintendo Select release o_O

http://www.base.com/buy/product/new-super-mario-bros-and-luigi-u-selects-wii-u/dgc-nsmbrwiiu.htm?gclid=Cj0KEQjwyJi_BRDLusby7_S7z-IBEiQAwCVvn8DaJlCT8rNRJ8TrZE2FrRKc6Lva7V0vyQQXVcsxFMMaAhVn8P8HAQ

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

konnichiwa said:
Keybladewielder said:
Well, Europe is easily the worst market for Wii U so this is not that surprising. Weird that this console will end up being discontinued before PS3 and X360, consoles that came out in 2005/2006.

X360 is discontinued http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-360-discontinued-but-microsoft-will-keep-selling-and-supporting-it/ maybe Ps3 aswell don't know.

I forgot that the 360 had been discontinued but the ps3 is still being produced (only in new zealand it's been discontinued).

spurgeonryan said:

About that.........

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Kerotan said:
spurgeonryan said:

*spoiler alert* 

It won't.  They're only producing enough this fiscal year to sell 800k.

I had forgotten... yeah it cant ever reach 15m, because they wont ever make that many of them.

Savage truth right there >_>'