By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alright, which of you actually keep your game cases?

Do you keep your cases?

Yes 220 97.78%

Most of the time 0 0%

No 5 2.22%

Sometimes 0 0%

Total:225
Zkuq said:
What kind of a person doesn't? I've been recently looking at DS games on eBay and such, and what really surprises me is the amount of people that don't keep the cases. What's even more surprising is the number of people that don't keep the manuals. What kind of a person decides to keep the case but decides to not keep the manual as well? It's literally almost no effort to keep the manual too. It weighs a bit more if you have to carry your games around (e.g. when moving), but it's a practically non-existant issue.

Think about the age of the average DS player, it's not really a choice, kid gets a game from their parents , takes out the manual to read it, remembers they can't read yet, smears jam all over it, throws it in the bin thinking it is a very bad tasting jam sandwich. No thought goes into not keeping a manual they're normally just misplaced or destroyed by accident I think.

Also you have to remember that some ebay sellers just sell carts for postage reasons if the game is meh they might not want to bother getting a big package to send it, just stick it up there as cartridge only for an easier shipping job when it sells.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Tossed 'em

Always and forever, at least until to day gaming goes completely digital.

Back when the game cases were cardboard boxes, i threw them away. Everything from PS1 and up, i've always kept the cases and every piece of paper inside of them.

I trade games on GameTZ, and i absoultely will not buy or trade for a disc based game, unless it's complete.

all my disc based games have cases,my cartridges,not so much(NES/SNES/Genesis,etc)

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Yea, of course I do. That's half the reason for buying physical copies - which I prefer.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

What the devil - I would never throw any cases from Genesis and up.

vivster said:
Where else would you put the disc?

Exactly. Not keeping them seems the best way to wreck the disc and lose your game.

The Fury said:
Err... people don't?

Even with the old cardboard ones for the Nintendo handhelds I kept them for year (for some reason). I dont know what my parents did with those for the Nintendo 64. 

Yes, they are as important as the disc imo. Why should I throw them away? ^^

I can tell you who doesn't: Resident Evil Revelations players! I've found more copies of Star Fox 64 3D with cases at Gamestop! I've been to like 8 stores and seen RER in its case MAYBE two freaking times (of course times when I didn't have spending money one me). Is it some kind of freak ritual I don't know about, where RE fans burn the case when they beat the game?