By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alright, which of you actually keep your game cases?

Do you keep your cases?

Yes 220 97.78%

Most of the time 0 0%

No 5 2.22%

Sometimes 0 0%

Total:225

I couldn't get into digital much so yes. I love physical copies as it's something tangible. Also, I love booklets and how they smell.

Around the Network

When the only system I had was a Gameboy (elementary/middle school), I didn't keep the boxes because I didn't see them as cases. It was just the box a toy came in. For some reason I did keep the box that the Gameboy itself came in--probably because I stored it in there for the first few years. It still bothers me that I don't have the game boxes. And I don't buy loose carts except for games that came in cardboard (since those CIB copies are often prohibitively expensive).

I not only keep the game cases for every single game I buy, I also keep the original boxes for every Video Game System and PC part I buy.

If I ever retire a system or PC part I have a nice package to place it in while it is not in use and can be sure that it will not break, get dusty or die by other environmental incidents that the boxes protect it from.

If I did not trade in all my pre PS2 era games and consoles as a kid I would still have all the boxes, instructions and all.

When I don't have anymore space, I usually do throw away the cases. I put the discs in a case that I have that's small, but can hold a lot of discs. Got all my PS2 and PS3 games in it and probably my PS4 games when there's no more room too.

I go digital a lot too, so that helps with having more room :P

Every...
Single...
Box...
Since PS1

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network

I've always kept them. It only makes sense to keep them, where else would I have to keep all these games. And then discs also need protection, I don't see why you would do away with the cases.

Absolutely! I keep them and then arrange it alphabetically so it's easy to find the game I want, when I want it!

My advice is if you are looking to get a used game, the best place to find rare ones with everything still in the box, or at least has a box are flee markets. You'd be amazed at the actual good things you'll find there. Though hopefully it's an option you have.

Back in the day of cartridges, no, now that discs are the common physical media, yes.

What kind of a person doesn't? I've been recently looking at DS games on eBay and such, and what really surprises me is the amount of people that don't keep the cases. What's even more surprising is the number of people that don't keep the manuals. What kind of a person decides to keep the case but decides to not keep the manual as well? It's literally almost no effort to keep the manual too. It weighs a bit more if you have to carry your games around (e.g. when moving), but it's a practically non-existant issue.