By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot: "The new Nintendo console is a fantastic machine"

Coming from Ubisoft doesn't really fill me with confidence let alone tell me anything about the console. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I logged back in after many months just to say that AT LEAST he has seen it, so we know something exists

I'm ok with him saying this. Ubisoft stood tall with Wii U far longer than anyone else. It just shows that they are doing it again. The first 2 years of NX should see some excellent Ubisoft support.

Well assuming they aren't bought out by Vivendi and it ruins them.

The Wii U is a "fantastic machine" too. Look where it got them.

Nothing to see here.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
The Wii U is a "fantastic machine" too. Look where it got them.

Nothing to see here.

Not really Ubi Soft's fault on that one. They provided some decent support early on, if they give the NX even similar support that'd be decent. 

Around the Network

Doesn't really mean much at this stage. Out of all the publishers Ubisoft are the ones that try to hype up new consoles and support them with a few release titles. They did the same with WiiU before drastically reducing support in Year 2 once sales weren't up to scratch.

I saw the Nintendo E3 2012 vídeo and he does say pretty much the same thing. Still, i felt that it was less PR this time and seems to also be in line with the "reboot for Nintendo" idea.

Now show it to us Nintendo.

twintail said:
DélioPT said:
I saw the Nintendo E3 2012 vídeo and he does say pretty much the same thing. Still, i felt that it was less PR this time and seems to also be in line with the "reboot for Nintendo" idea.

Well that's going to be the cute narrative Nintendo willi push regardless of whether it's true or not.

So it doesn't make his comments any less PR like.

We don't really know if that will be Nintendo's strategy. And that quote came up as a developer's point of view. We don't know why he felt that way.

Even if that's Nintendo's angle, by the looks of it, it seems to be based on something and not just another PR strategy.
To me, the "it's really Nintendo" meant something more than PR speech.

What games they provide largely is going to depend on what the chipset can actually run without forcing Ubi Soft to have to build a game for scratch just for one platform.