By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot: "The new Nintendo console is a fantastic machine"

Everything Nintendo drops is a breath of fresh air.

They just need to figure out how to market this console for mass appeal, and not be so reluctant in joining the modern times as far as their network and understand how gamers have come to identify with that portion of the experience.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Around the Network
Akeos said:
He could say "NX is interesting and spécial" but he have say " fantastic and we love it "
This is not the same thing... Words are important .

Yes, his quote does suggest (real) enthousiam for the whatever NX is. It could also be that he's just a better PR guy then others :p.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Akeos said:
He could say "NX is interesting and spécial" but he have say " fantastic and we love it "
This is not the same thing... Words are important .

Yes, his quote does suggest (real) enthousiam for the whatever NX is. It could also be that he's just a better PR guy then others :p.

Yes, but it could have moderated its enthusiasm,there, it is almost a declaration of love

This is what he said in July about NX:

“What we have seen is really great," he explained. "We think having a new machine coming is going to help the industry to continue to grow, and to take lots more casual players back to the industry.”

This is also what he said about the Wii U: 

“The platform Nintendo is coming with (Wii U) is really a fantastic platform. We think it will be extremely successful. 

I still think his NX's statements sound way more honest.

Around the Network

The console is so great tha Ubi won't make any noteworthy game for it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ubi Soft has like 30 million reasons for hoping the NX does well .... Just Dance is a huge franchise for them, as big of a money maker as Assassin's Creed, probably more.

I'm sure they would love if NX could bring back that audience. Personally I doubt that, but I can see from Ubi Soft's POV the appeal.

Soundwave said:

This is what he said in July about NX:

“What we have seen is really great," he explained. "We think having a new machine coming is going to help the industry to continue to grow, and to take lots more casual players back to the industry.”

This is also what he said about the Wii U: 

“The platform Nintendo is coming with (Wii U) is really a fantastic platform. We think it will be extremely successful. 

IMO NX statement sounds much more honest, they didn't said how exactly NX will be successful but they said it something new, different, exatited, and that they "love it", while Wii U statement come out after very successful Wii and they thought (like NIntendo also) that Wii U will be similar success.