By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Witcher 3 not getting any PS4 Pro features :(

Tagged games:

KLXVER said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I assume that would be the case, but I'm not sure either.

Im not so sure. I mean Mega Man 3 doesnt run any better on the Wii. The game itself has to be patched.

Not necessarily.

http://4k.com/gaming/review-microsoft-xbox-one-s-game-console-4k-game-upscaling-hdr-uhd-video-playback/

Not sure if we have anything official but if Microsoft did it; chances that Sony will do it with the Play Station Four Pro are very high.
And this does not require any existing game to be patched.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
KLXVER said:

Im not so sure. I mean Mega Man 3 doesnt run any better on the Wii. The game itself has to be patched.

Not necessarily.

http://4k.com/gaming/review-microsoft-xbox-one-s-game-console-4k-game-upscaling-hdr-uhd-video-playback/

Not sure if we have anything official but if Microsoft did it; chances that Sony will do it with the Play Station Four Pro are very high.

But doesnt that just upscale the visuals? Does it make the games run better though?

Imaginedvl said:
KLXVER said:

Not necessarily.

Yes it should do that in games with unlocked framerates.

KLXVER said:
Imaginedvl said:

Not necessarily.

But doesnt that just upscale the visuals? Does it make the games run better though?

Doesn't have anything to do with upscaling. Xbox One S has a little bit more power than the regular Xbox One, so it can naturally output higher framerates.

The framerates aren't locked to sub 30FPS or something like that lol

Barozi said:
KLXVER said:

Doesn't have anything to do with upscaling. Xbox One S has a little bit more power than the regular Xbox One, so it can naturally output higher framerates.

So someone like Naughty Dog didnt have to do anything about the framerate in The Last Of Us Remastered?

Around the Network

That's understandable, though disappointing, especially after that Digital Foundry video where they were running the game on Pro mock-up hardware at 1440p with a much higher framerate (the 40s, most often). I'm hoping that GTA V gets some type of boost, at least. 

Would love to replay this gem in a few years with real 4K and HDR on next gen consoles. No need for it right now for me.

LurkerJ said:
Does the Pro run existing PS4 games better, even if not patched? I suppose it should but what's the official word on that?

I would persume it holds better frame rate in games that droped below the 30 cap for example should stay locked at 30 rather than the odd dips to 25 etc.

KLXVER said:
Barozi said:

So someone like Naughty Dog didnt have to do anything about the framerate in The Last Of Us Remastered?

The Last of Us Remastered is a PS4 game, while The Last of Us is a PS3 game.
If that doesn't answer the question, then no Naughty Dog had to port the game to PS4.

It's the same as using an SSD instead of an HDD. Developers don't decide how long a level should load until you can play. Hardware decides and if you have an SSD, loading times will be reduced automatically.

Captain_Yuri said:
Makes sense, they aren't exactly as big as some AAA developers so...

Why is it making sense? Not as big as who? A staff of 1500 devs worked on Witcher 3. Thats a whooping 500 more than GTA 5 had.

Hunting Season is done...