By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best TV for PS4 Pro?

toot1231 said:

I just have to let this sink in for a second you will willingly buy a 600$ or more TV and a pretty much a second ps4 400$ + 400$ but console players still say PC is more expensive?
Idk man just I do not like this console generation at all and I hate this sudden 4K push too

Your comment doesn't make any sense.  If you want to play 4k with a PC you still need the 4k TV as well in addition to the PC.  If you don't want 4k on a bigger screen, nobody is forcing you.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
Azuren said:
  • Samsung does make great displays, and I never said they didn't. I pointed out that they are returned far more often for defects and that they dial back their noise algorithms, but I also suggested them numerous times.

I guess you have more experience, but my switch from Samsung to Sony wasn't that great. I got the Sony KDL-50W656A three years ago, and whenever this one breaks I'll be switching back to Samsung, the user interface in those are night and day.

The screen itself is nice, with an elegant design and the built-in speakers are enough for me. The bad mainly comes from the firmware, Sony did a poor job there. Smart TV sucks, all the apps seem like webapps and Netflix always hangs up for some odd reasons. Whenever there is an update my CI+ module stops working, I have to unplug it to watch TV again. It only has two HDMI ports and one USB, which is currently taken by the webcam, so no Chromecast for this TV but I can at least use the laggy miracast built-in.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Get anything that does HDR and has a low input lag for HDR. It will be a bigger plus than the resolution.

Wildcard36qs said:
toot1231 said:

I just have to let this sink in for a second you will willingly buy a 600$ or more TV and a pretty much a second ps4 400$ + 400$ but console players still say PC is more expensive?
Idk man just I do not like this console generation at all and I hate this sudden 4K push too

TV is used more than just for gaming on your PS4. I am all for the 4K push. I am glad we are advacing on that front. It took forever for 1080p to get anywhere. Heck, we are still only getting 720p or 1080i from most providers. With how fast and hard 4K and HDR is being pushed, I look forward to all the new available content (cut the cord and do streaming only). $400 for the PS4 Pro is a fantastic price btw. You must be pretty young if you are balking at these prices. My old 3DO cost $600 back in 1993. To get a gaming PC at the level of the PS4 Pro, you'd struggle to build one for the same price. 

None of what you said is based on facts. HDR I am all for. Im 33 years of age. Ps4 Pro isn't doing true 4k so Is it really fair to have it compared to a 400$ PC because a 400$ PC could easily beat it and upscale to 4k.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
ICStats said:
toot1231 said:

Your comment doesn't make any sense.  If you want to play 4k with a PC you still need the 4k TV as well in addition to the PC.  If you don't want 4k on a bigger screen, nobody is forcing you.

Except PS4 isn't a true 4k its upscaled and I can easily use DSR on my PC to do the exact effect without needing a 4k TV or monitor.

The only thing really advancing is HDR.

I again just do not like this console half generation thing going on at all.

Around the Network
Mafioso said:
Shop a 10 bit panel, with 'HDR Premium' branding.

Anything else is an 8 bit panel, and don't support wide color gamut HDR which is what makes 4K HDR worth the hype.

Please don't spread FUD. No Sony TV (even the 6k USD) will have the HDR Premium stick and will still present 10 (or even 12bit) monitor with wide gamut over 95% of spectrum. You have to research the model instead of blindly believing a tag.

TomaTito said:
Azuren said:
  • Samsung does make great displays, and I never said they didn't. I pointed out that they are returned far more often for defects and that they dial back their noise algorithms, but I also suggested them numerous times.

I guess you have more experience, but my switch from Samsung to Sony wasn't that great. I got the Sony KDL-50W656A three years ago, and whenever this one breaks I'll be switching back to Samsung, the user interface in those are night and day.

The screen itself is nice, with an elegant design and the built-in speakers are enough for me. The bad mainly comes from the firmware, Sony did a poor job there. Smart TV sucks, all the apps seem like webapps and Netflix always hangs up for some odd reasons. Whenever there is an update my CI+ module stops working, I have to unplug it to watch TV again. It only has two HDMI ports and one USB, which is currently taken by the webcam, so no Chromecast for this TV but I can at least use the laggy miracast built-in.

Sorry to hear that, but perhaps you didn't got a version with fast processor. My father and father-in-law Sony TVs have a very slow load on Netflix and other apps, mine (65X850C) loads it so fast that it beats PS4, Roku and any other device I tried. And seeing you only have 2 HDMI inputs haven't you bought the lower entry level tv since even my 46LED 5 years ago from Sony already had 4 HDMI entries?

toot1231 said:
ICStats said:

Except PS4 isn't a true 4k its upscaled and I can easily use DSR on my PC to do the exact effect without needing a 4k TV or monitor.

So you don't need 4k monitor or TV to do 4k PC gaming, you must be a wizard Harry.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

toot1231 said:

So you don't need 4k monitor or TV to do 4k PC gaming, you must be a wizard Harry.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/dynamic-super-resolution-instantly-improves-your-games-with-4k-quality-graphics

No you do not. It's very compareable to what the ps4 pro is doing.

toot1231 said:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/dynamic-super-resolution-instantly-improves-your-games-with-4k-quality-graphics

No you do not. It's very compareable to what the ps4 pro is doing.

1080p monitors are capable of 4k displaying? Crazy thing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ICStats said:
Azuren said:
Don't do an OLED. You lose a lot of grayscale, burn in is a risk factor for extended play, and the blues will start fading in three years.

I recommend an XBR55X850D or a UN55KS8000. There are TVs with faster input lag, but you sacrifice HDR for it.

Don't be fooled by TVs that say they're HDR; it needs to be a 10-bit panel to be real HDR. Sony's 750D and higher are 10-bit, Samsungs KS8000 and higher are 10-bit, and avoid Vizio/LG.

The Vizio P series is quite good.  It's FALD, and should be pretty competitive with those edge-lit sets from Sony and Samsung.

The P Series is definitely a step above the rest, but Vizio creates their affordable pricing by using "unqualified" panels. So while it performs great, it won't last long (unless you're lucky). The same can be said about the KU6300 with its low input lag and decent black uniformity; the issue will come later down the road when it kills itself from normal use. Longevity is an important factor in these TV's, which is why I don't recommend OLEDs, Vizios, or and of the following from Samsung and LG; UH5500, UH6100, UH6150, UH6550, KU6300, or KU6500.

For any kind of use, I recommend any Samsung KS8000+, and any Sony 750D+.

TomaTito said:
Azuren said:

Top dog changes every year, and 3-5 years ago Sony was getting pretty bad. Ever since they made 4K a thing, though, they've done very well on their 4K models, with the x950B remaining one of the best ones ever made. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Is this TV any good for PS4 Pro?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE55KU6000-55-inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01EV7LI76