By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best TV for PS4 Pro?

tivec said:
Is this TV any good for PS4 Pro?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE55KU6000-55-inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01EV7LI76

No, avoid the 6000-series. It won't last 3 years before it kills itself.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
tivec said:
Is this TV any good for PS4 Pro?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-UE55KU6000-55-inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B01EV7LI76

Any other TV in same price range?

tivec said:
Azuren said:

I'll tell you what I tell everyone who comes into the store expecting a 55" 4K HDR TVfor under $1000;

Save more money. Buying this isn't "saving money over a higher end version", it's "losing money by buying the bottom of the barrel". You'd be better off saving more money and waiting for the refresh in April.

EDIT: Even if you aren't worried about HDR, consider going a step up to a x700D or a KU7000. the KU6300 (and it's international equivalent, the KU6000) are ticking time bombs just waiting to die.

Azuren said:
tivec said:

I'll tell you what I tell everyone who comes into the store expecting a 55" 4K HDR TVfor under $1000;

Save more money. Buying this isn't "saving money over a higher end version", it's "losing money by buying the bottom of the barrel". You'd be better off saving more money and waiting for the refresh in April.

EDIT: Even if you aren't worried about HDR, consider going a step up to a x700D or a KU7000. the KU6300 (and it's international equivalent, the KU6000) are ticking time bombs just waiting to die.

Well aren't you a bright and happy ray of sunshine that thinks the best of all companies and thier intensions :-p

After doing research I bought the Samsung KS8000, it's nice, better than the Sony 850, but a bit more expensive.

Around the Network
Raistline said:
Azuren said:

Well aren't you a bright and happy ray of sunshine that thinks the best of all companies and thier intensions :-p

Yep. 

Soundwave said:
After doing research I bought the Samsung KS8000, it's nice, better than the Sony 850, but a bit more expensive.

It's a good TV despite its flaws. I would still put an extended warranty on it, though, you'll almost certainly use it.

DonFerrari said:

TomaTito said:

I guess you have more experience, but my switch from Samsung to Sony wasn't that great. I got the Sony KDL-50W656A three years ago, and whenever this one breaks I'll be switching back to Samsung, the user interface in those are night and day.

The screen itself is nice, with an elegant design and the built-in speakers are enough for me. The bad mainly comes from the firmware, Sony did a poor job there. Smart TV sucks, all the apps seem like webapps and Netflix always hangs up for some odd reasons. Whenever there is an update my CI+ module stops working, I have to unplug it to watch TV again. It only has two HDMI ports and one USB, which is currently taken by the webcam, so no Chromecast for this TV but I can at least use the laggy miracast built-in.

Sorry to hear that, but perhaps you didn't got a version with fast processor. My father and father-in-law Sony TVs have a very slow load on Netflix and other apps, mine (65X850C) loads it so fast that it beats PS4, Roku and any other device I tried. And seeing you only have 2 HDMI inputs haven't you bought the lower entry level tv since even my 46LED 5 years ago from Sony already had 4 HDMI entries?

The TV worked fine the first year, then with an update I noticed the problem with the CI+ module and this last year the Netflix app started acting up. I'll just use Netflix from my other devices, it's just so much more convenient to do it straight from the TV (first world problems xD)

I think the W6 series is midrange level. The main features I liked from the TV was the design, upscaling quality, no 3D and price (later on I found out about its awesome low latency). But like Azuren mentions, maybe it wasn't the best time to buy Sony back then... but it's such a shame to see good hardware let down by crapy software, either way I'll continue using it just as a screen.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
DonFerrari said:

Sorry to hear that, but perhaps you didn't got a version with fast processor. My father and father-in-law Sony TVs have a very slow load on Netflix and other apps, mine (65X850C) loads it so fast that it beats PS4, Roku and any other device I tried. And seeing you only have 2 HDMI inputs haven't you bought the lower entry level tv since even my 46LED 5 years ago from Sony already had 4 HDMI entries?

The TV worked fine the first year, then with an update I noticed the problem with the CI+ module and this last year the Netflix app started acting up. I'll just use Netflix from my other devices, it's just so much more convenient to do it straight from the TV (first world problems xD)

I think the W6 series is midrange level. The main features I liked from the TV was the design, upscaling quality, no 3D and price (later on I found out about its awesome low latency). But like Azuren mentions, maybe it wasn't the best time to buy Sony back then... but it's such a shame to see good hardware let down by crapy software, either way I'll continue using it just as a screen.

I see, my 46LED doesn't have Netflix nor skype. It isn't considered smart (internert only through cable), good image, no FW upgrade. And the new 65" is very good so far. But I can see theses FW problems ruining your experience, it really is sad. And probably out of warranty right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

I see, my 46LED doesn't have Netflix nor skype. It isn't considered smart (internert only through cable), good image, no FW upgrade. And the new 65" is very good so far. But I can see theses FW problems ruining your experience, it really is sad. And probably out of warranty right?

Correct, two years warranty here in Europe, already passed. And I think we can only return items, no questions asked, for the first month.

Either way, pretty sure you can't use the warranty on a faulty app or weird firmware updates.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
DonFerrari said:

Correct, two years warranty here in Europe, already passed. And I think we can only return items, no questions asked, for the first month.

Either way, pretty sure you can't use the warranty on a faulty app or weird firmware updates.

In Brazil we have hidden defects policy that theoretically doesn't expire... sometimes if you make enough noise they can solve it for free or right fee since it's a problem caused by their QA not assuring the FW update wouldn't fuck up TVs.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."