By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro is a 800$ Gaming PC, Best bang for your Buck

Ruler said:
Acevil said:

I don't get how people some fans try to equal costs but do not seem to do the value of the PC versus the console, but hey I get it bias opinions on what is value is, or forgetting hidden costs on all fronts.

_Jameson said:
If the PS4 pro did half the things that 800$ pc did, I would have to agree.

if you already have a past generation pc 90% of those things arent needed

Teeqoz said:
You can remove 100$ from that pricetag. The PS4Pro's GPU is in line with the RX470, not the RX480.

nope its rx 480 

So what you are saying is I should buy a ps3? I mean it does gaming as well, and free online, sony has been giving us the better Gaming PC for years now. 

Sony is so thoughtful. This is the argument you just shot back at me with that 90% comment. 

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Some comparison with PC hardware

CPU = AMD FX8350 with cooler 174$

GPU = RX 480 8GB 280$

MB = Gigabyte AM3+ 53$

Ram = 8GB 34$

PSU = 500w 38$

HD = 1TB 37$

Blu Ray Drive = 55$

DualShock 4 = 47$

Windows 10 = 85$

total 803$

and now ad in 200$ if you life in Europe

I dont get how can people hate Sony for giving you a Gaming PC for half the price like what is wrong with that? The PS4 Pro is a wonderfull value to anybody not only console gamers 

The PC is better, The CPU is WAYYYYYY better, the processor in the ps4 is a budget laptop processor.

The PC has double the memory, the PS4 has 8GB shared by processor and GPU, this pc has 8GB dedicated graphical memory and 8GB memory for the CPU, also dedicated.

The PS4 only has 5.5GB available of memory in total, windows takes up memory from the regular memory, so the textures on the PC will be MUCH greater, it would be more fair to build a pc with the 4GB graphical card.

The Graphical card is way faster since the PS4 is underclocked, and this offers higher speeds, overall, this is over 20% faster.

Lets be honest, the blue ray player is BS, since PC games are cheaper digital then boxed ps4 games.

This PC is leaques above the PS4 Pro, and even gets a dualshock controller, which is epic :P but a much cheaper xbox360 controller would be fine too.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Where did you get the CPU from? The PS4 has an APU which means it's automatically worse than a dedicated setup. I doubt that the PS4 Pro CPU performance is even close to the 8350. AMD's current high end APUs do not cost more than 150 bucks. The custom one in the PS4 Pro shouldn't be much more than that.

Shave off $200 from your calculation and you're a lot closer.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Teeqoz said:
You can remove 100$ from that pricetag. The PS4Pro's GPU is in line with the RX470, not the RX480.

Gamespot says it's RX480.

Thread title should be: "For only $400 less you can get PC that's worth $400 less".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Thread title should be: "For only $400 less you can get PC that's worth $400 less".

Vivster, I thought we established, you are the Rol of Sony! You should be pushing the envolope, not sealing it. 

Lawlight said:
Teeqoz said:

Its a RX480 but the clock speed is wayyyyy lower and it has shared memory and stuff, a RX480 in the PC is much faster, also has the ability to increase the base clock (which is already faster) and this is not possible on the PS4.

So yes the performance is closer to the RX470 because of that, sony proberbly did this to reduce the heat produces by the graphical card.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

400 + monthly fee to play online + more expensive games = it's more expensive than that PC (besides you have no idea of building PCs for what i can tell). Next.

Lawlight said:
Teeqoz said:

Gamespot is wrong.

It doesn't really matter. Some people pc and some console. I used to be into pc but now I could care less. I love my consoles because of how easy they are to use and I like physical games. If i didn't have a family I might give pc gaming a go again but I do so that's that. If you want the latest and greatest go pc. If you want to play great games with ease, go console. Console value will always be hard to beat but pc will always be king in custom.