By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro is a 800$ Gaming PC, Best bang for your Buck

Acevil said:
vivster said:
Thread title should be: "For only $400 less you can get PC that's worth $400 less".

Vivster, I thought we established, you are the Rol of Sony! You should be pushing the envolope, not sealing it. 

The problem is, I'm not Rol at all. I don't tie myself to just one platform. I shit on every platform whenever I please. I would also shit more on PC but there are just not enough threads about it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Yeah but... can it play PC exclusive games?

Pretty much I was thinking.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Uabit said:
400 + monthly fee to play online + more expensive games = it's more expensive than that PC (besides you have no idea of building PCs for what i can tell). Next.

That really depends though, mainly on how many game you buy, and whether you need online on not. But it's still a good point.

Zkuq said:
Uabit said:
400 + monthly fee to play online + more expensive games = it's more expensive than that PC (besides you have no idea of building PCs for what i can tell). Next.

That really depends though, mainly on how many game you buy, and whether you need online on not. But it's still a good point.

It always depends on your needs. For me the PS4 Pro "PC" wouldn't even work in the first place because I can't plug it into my monitor.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Lol you're crazy that jaguar cpu is a mobile cpu and not even close to an AMD FX8350 and the ps4 pro is not using that gpu

Around the Network
Low78wagon said:
It doesn't really matter. Some people pc and some console. I used to be into pc but now I could care less. I love my consoles because of how easy they are to use and I like physical games. If i didn't have a family I might give pc gaming a go again but I do so that's that. If you want the latest and greatest go pc. If you want to play great games with ease, go console. Console value will always be hard to beat but pc will always be king in custom.

If you know how to setup a PC the ease of use is really about even now. I used to be just like you. Was a PC gamer at first then started working in IT and decided I can't game on a computer desk anymore with a mouse and keyboard and got a console and ditched my PC (espicially after the power supply blew and fried half of it). 

I went back to PC gaming again and now everything has changed. WIth a steam controller and Steam big picture mode my PC is the exact same as my PS4. I like the interface on the PC better actually. My controller boots my PC from suspended mode and everything I love it. I think my favorite thing about it is that I can play games from last gen (mass effect series) except now I can upgrade the graphics to 4k and it looks amazing. Playing Mass Effect felt like I was playing a game that was just recently released it's crazy how good it looked.

malistix1985 said:
Lawlight said:

Gamespot says it's RX480.

Its a RX480 but the clock speed is wayyyyy lower and it has shared memory and stuff, a RX480 in the PC is much faster, also has the ability to increase the base clock (which is already faster) and this is not possible on the PS4.

So yes the performance is closer to the RX470 because of that, sony proberbly did this to reduce the heat produces by the graphical card.

Yeah, let's forget the other advantages that a console has. In John Carmack's words: Consoles run 2x or so better than equal PC hardware, but it isn’t just API in the way, focus a single spec also matters.

It's not exactly comparable because no matter how much you spend on the PC, it will never have AAA Sony exclusives and that's the only thing that matters: games. Uncharted 4, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon, God of War, Spiderman etc etc etc. Wouldn't trade them against anything on pc.

Uabit said:

Games cost the same on PC and consoles. We're not in the 2000s anymore.

Bandorr said:
You also need to add in a Keyboard/Mouse. There is just no way someone is going to operate a keyboard without both of those.

Then again I see this is going to invite quite a bit of hate. I again suggest this won't make it past one page(100 posts).

the OP includes a dualshock so i think it is fair to not include a keyboard and mouse.