By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some IGN guy thinks Xbox One S competes with Ps4 Pro and Scorpio is a different league, Lmao!

Barkley said:

Was watching KindaFunny and one person on that said that the ps4 pro didn't do anything the XBOS doesn't. Because of HDR and the 4k upscaler. Some people genuinely think the XBOS's 4k upscaler is equivalent to what the pro will do.

Edit: Didn't look at the video before posting, so it's Kinda Funny again... xD. Though that is a different person to who I was referring to said it, so there's multiple people that dumb. o/

Well, that's kind of true. I mean, if you don't look at the fact that Pro is upscaling most of its games from 1440 or 1800p to 4k with a built-in hardware checkerboard technique, and the S is upscaling Xbox One games from 720, 900 or 1080p without any checkerboard rendering technique the same way your TV would. So I mean, they're both upscaling, so I guess in that way they're totally comparable :)

Around the Network

This channel is the definition of dumbness lmao those guys are so misinformed is not even funny, well it is funny but sad at the same time haha

Just saw some videos and left xD But always good for a laugh.

Ariakon said:
Barkley said:

Was watching KindaFunny and one person on that said that the ps4 pro didn't do anything the XBOS doesn't. Because of HDR and the 4k upscaler. Some people genuinely think the XBOS's 4k upscaler is equivalent to what the pro will do.

Edit: Didn't look at the video before posting, so it's Kinda Funny again... xD. Though that is a different person to who I was referring to said it, so there's multiple people that dumb. o/

Well, that's kind of true. I mean, if you don't look at the fact that Pro is upscaling most of its games from 1440 or 1800p to 4k with a built-in hardware checkerboard technique, and the S is upscaling Xbox One games from 720, 900 or 1080p without any checkerboard rendering technique the same way your TV would. So I mean, they're both upscaling, so I guess in that way they're totally comparable :)

yeah upscalling from 720p is the same thing as upscalling from 1800p lol

Well, they're both "4k." *snicker*

I think this this is partly true, I don't think XBS competes with ps4pro but there's no doubt that the Scorpio is on another level. You see Sony simply have done a Upgrade, their console is miles infront and they obviously felt they didn't need to drastically change it, however, Microsoft on the other hand is losing massively, they have had to make drastic changes, so drastic that their version of an "upgrade" is almost a new Gen all together. Theyve got desperate in a way and I think it could be costly. Sony console is will still be the console that devs will want to make games for and its games that sell consoles. Devs won't ignore the fact that Sony will have over double the amount of potential sales compared to Microsoft.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network

Is this guy dumb, seriously! From that event I know exactly what the PS Pro does. And his condescending tone about people that will buy it is just annoying. You're only paying $50 more than a 1TB Xbox One for a console that is a lot more powerful and does 4k gaming.

Its going to be interesting to see how the PS4Pro does. Wonder if it will sell well or if most people will just go for the Slim. Its 100$ cheaper and can play the same games. I'm not sure that many console gamers care THAT much about graphics.

Sony should come out and tell people that PS4 Pro is a lot more powerful than XB1S, even a normal PS4 is as with all the initial comparisons between XB1S and PS4 Pro on the internet many people actually think that XB1S is as powerful as PS4 Pro due to its 4K upscaler and think its better due to having an extra feature lol, they haven't even seen the specs.

The PS4 is more powerful than the XB1s but the PS4pro is about the same ...

The PS5 Exists. 

to make it all worse, he was actually hands on with the PS4Pro at the Sony event, so he got to play it in their 4k HDR tvs (if we're talking about Andrew G. here)

some people are clueless because they want to be clueless...