By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some IGN guy thinks Xbox One S competes with Ps4 Pro and Scorpio is a different league, Lmao!

#

Scorpio may be at a slightly higher level once released when compared to the ps4 pro though :P ( But definitaley not a different league :P)

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
The insecurity of people on this site is hilarious.

Clearly.

The PS5 Exists. 

lol @ that guy. Whatever floats his boat.

And I once liked IGN.

Of course they are competing. Both do the same pseudo 4K. If I go buy a console and if I want to use it on my 4K TV, I'll have the option to buy the PS4 Pro or the Xbox S, especially because most games, or the most important games, are on both consoles and are the same, except for some details.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
If he is talking about "power" ... what does Sony have to compete with the Scorpio on power? Nothing. So by all accounts Scorpio IS in a league of its own (unless ofc you bring pc into it) but he was clearly talking consoles.

You mentioned insecurity ...

The PS5 Exists. 

jardesonbarbosa said:
Of course they are competing. Both do the same pseudo 4K. If I go buy a console and if I want to use it on my 4K TV, I'll have the option to buy the PS4 Pro or the Xbox S, especially because most games, or the most important games, are on both consoles and are the same, except for some details.

No, Xbox One S does 720p or 900p do not confude with the resolution Ps4 Pro is achieving, not even close, in fact Xbox One S is not even close to Ps4 OG, let alone Ps4 Pro.

Versus_Evil said:
If he is talking about "power" ... what does Sony have to compete with the Scorpio on power? Nothing. So by all accounts Scorpio IS in a league of its own (unless ofc you bring pc into it) but he was clearly talking consoles.

sure, so we assume the PS4 is as well in a league of it's own compared to the XB1 (S or no S) simply on a power difference. Saleswise is evident by now, powerwise we already knew since the reveal :)

If you listen to the whole conversation in context what he says can make perfect sense. He said he doesn't see the Pro and Scorpio being in the same league, mainly because of the mixed messaging. Sony has basically said the Pro makes the PS4 experience a little better whereas he foresees MS stating the Scorpio is something completely new - and Colin agreed with him.

XBL: NathObeaN | PSN: NathObeaN | Steam: NathObeaN

Its just one guys opinion. He doesn't see the need for the Pro and I kind of agree with him. The games Ive played on the regular PS4 looks and plays great. I can easily live with that for the next 2-3 years until the PS5 comes out. Having two consoles just confuse some people and makes it more difficult for many developers.

I also understand people who want better graphics, framerates, resolution etc...but if that's really what makes you enjoy a game, then the PC might be a better option for you.