By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some IGN guy thinks Xbox One S competes with Ps4 Pro and Scorpio is a different league, Lmao!

yvanjean said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Can it? What does it look like? What price is it? Have you got any videos of it running? How are pre-orders doing? When will it release? Are the specs better or worse than the specs origninally shown? What's it called?

We don't all we know is that PS4 Pro can't handle real 4K gaming. 

Actually it does have a few games that are native 4k (aka what you call "real" 4k).

ex. Last of Us remaster, will run native 4k.

So saying that it cant handle 4k isnt right, some games will be that way.

Around the Network

There are things that X1S does that PS4P does not. Backwards Compatibility, 4K Bluray, and it comes in a nice sleek package. Plus it comes with a proven reliable network for online play and it costs $100 less than PS4P.

Outside of power, and if we talk features? It absolutely goes toe to toe with PS4P.

bunchanumbers said:
There are things that X1S does that PS4P does not. Backwards Compatibility, 4K Bluray, and it comes in a nice sleek package. Plus it comes with a proven reliable network for online play and it costs $100 less than PS4P.

Outside of power, and if we talk features? It absolutely goes toe to toe with PS4P.

I can't believe those guys were making regular PS4 comparable to the Pro, half of the time without proper base. Claiming Xbox One S is on par with the Pro that houses a GPU two times powerful was also the fun part.

iNathan said:
KLXVER said:
Well it kinda does. Just like the Wii competed with the PS3 and 360.

i don´t think you get what he was saying, i pretty much think he is talking about power and resolution, Xbox One S competes with PS4 Slim and as far as i know still loses across all tittles. 

I think you're losing sight, which is what these two companies want. Xbox One S is just an Xbox One. PS4 Pro, is just a PS4. When sales are counted, it's all just going to be lumped into PS4 and Xbox One. These aren't Xbox Twos and PS5s. So Xbox One S is competeing against PS4 Vanilla, Pro, Slim... whatever.

Around the Network

In other news, my cat caught an insect in my room today.

XBoneS is a minor upgraded XBone system

PS4 slim is not a upgraded PS4 system but just smaller size

PS4Pro is a little more upgraded PS4 system

XB Scorpio is a XBone successor since it will have exclusives VR games that won't run on XBone/XBoneS

so it still make sense that XBoneS suppose to compete with PS4Pro rather than PS4 slim

and XB Scorpio suppose to compete with PS5 rather than PS4Pro

yvanjean said:
iNathan said:

You gotta see this to believe, i know IGN is a bunch of ignorants but still this is hilarious, this guy is such a clown it´s so funny. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3mDgR_0_YA Around 27.21. 

Xbox One S does not even compete with the PS4 Slim in resolution and graphics and this guy is saying it competes with the Pro, man IGN really needs to hire some true gamers and tech guys, being run by idiots like this just keeps killing their reputation as a reliable website. 

Did you even listen to what they said? Before you start calling people ignorants and being insulting  why don't you bother listening to what they have to say. 

They never claim that Xbox one S is graphicaly equal to the PS4 Pro, What was actually said was that this Holiday season Xbox one S will compete directly against PS4 Pro. If you have a 4K TV, your two options on console will be Xbox one S and PS4 Pro this holiday season.

PS4 Pro can't handle true 4k gaming unlike what is proposed by the Scorpio, that would put the Scorpio in a different league. Scorpio is also expect to handle high end VR experience.

This. Xbox Scorpio is in another league right now compare to pro. We aren't just talking just about the GPU, but CPU and ram as well. PS4 pro still uses the same CPU as the regular PS4 which is already weaker than xbox one. Not to mention it will be easier for devs to take full advantage of the Xbox Scorpio since Microsoft API is easily scalable. Don't believe me, just look at PC gaming. Thanks to direct x you can change the settings to 4k/high ultra settings to 1080p/ low settings by changing the settings in the menu. Microsoft will probably release a console every three years and guarantee each console a 6-7 year life span.

That Guy from IGN is rather dumb, for sure.

And Colin, as usual, comes off as self-important.

I can understand the Pro isn't for everyone. But to say Sony wasn't clear about what and who the console is meant for? The Pro isn't meant for everyone, and Sony was clear about that. A lot of people don't care about having better graphics and performance, and a lot of people don't care about 4K or HDR. That console isn't for you if that's the case. But Sony was still very clear that this console is meant for the people that care about those things.

And when they mention that the XBox One S is in line with the PS4 Pro and the Scorpio will be something else entirely.

Seriously? The difference between the XBox One S and the regular PS4 is roughly 40%. And both consoles are said to be in the same ballpark. Now, the PS4 is over twice the power of the regular PS4, and the Scorpio will be roughly 40% more powerful that the Pro. But somehow, they're not in the same ballpark? WTF kind of shit double standard is that?