By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Some IGN guy thinks Xbox One S competes with Ps4 Pro and Scorpio is a different league, Lmao!

yvanjean said:

Scorpio can handle high end VR and real 4k gaming. PS4 Pro is not quite the 4k ready machine it's peg to be. 

Can it? What does it look like? What price is it? Have you got any videos of it running? How are pre-orders doing? When will it release? Are the specs better or worse than the specs origninally shown? What's it called?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

It is legit to compare the XOS with the PS4 pro....... The same way as comparing the RX480 with 2 GTX1080 SLI lol

Loll seriously PS4 Pro 3 times  XBox1S  graphic performance= the same league, Now X scorpio 1.4 Time PS4 Pro  graphic performance= On another League well done IGN 

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart

facepalm. I wonder what he must have had said about the UHD BD player, which is not capable of TrueHD output.

I've seen Xbox get majorly shafted by the media in the past and I know what that looks like when it happens. The moment IGN sent Ryan McCaffrey to cover the Pro announcement, I knew something was up.....
Take from that what you will.
Also, I have a One s and the 4k bluray does not play at least 3 of my blurays and the quality on the rest is IP and down. Heard the same from others...great machine otherwise but not a powerhouse like Scorpio will be. That's just the facts.

iNathan said:

You gotta see this to believe, i know IGN is a bunch of ignorants but still this is hilarious, this guy is such a clown it´s so funny. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3mDgR_0_YA Around 27.21. 

Xbox One S does not even compete with the PS4 Slim in resolution and graphics and this guy is saying it competes with the Pro, man IGN really needs to hire some true gamers and tech guys, being run by idiots like this just keeps killing their reputation as a reliable website. 

Did you even listen to what they said? Before you start calling people ignorants and being insulting  why don't you bother listening to what they have to say. 

They never claim that Xbox one S is graphicaly equal to the PS4 Pro, What was actually said was that this Holiday season Xbox one S will compete directly against PS4 Pro. If you have a 4K TV, your two options on console will be Xbox one S and PS4 Pro this holiday season.

PS4 Pro can't handle true 4k gaming unlike what is proposed by the Scorpio, that would put the Scorpio in a different league. Scorpio is also expect to handle high end VR experience.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
yvanjean said:

Scorpio can handle high end VR and real 4k gaming. PS4 Pro is not quite the 4k ready machine it's peg to be. 

Can it? What does it look like? What price is it? Have you got any videos of it running? How are pre-orders doing? When will it release? Are the specs better or worse than the specs origninally shown? What's it called?

We don't all we know is that PS4 Pro can't handle real 4K gaming. 

yvanjean said:

We don't all we know is that PS4 Pro can't handle real 4K gaming. 

It depends on how demanding the game is but we know that some games run at native 4K resolution:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/09/09/the-last-of-us-ps4-pro-wil-run-at-native-4k/

The PS5 Exists. 

I'm not watching the video. IGN will not get my view XD.

But honestly, it really depends on what he meant, sales wise The XB1 S will actually compete with the PS4 Pro.

Hardware wise, the XB1 S does not even reach the performance of the original PS4. So if this is what he meant, I have no idea how that guy got hired in the first place lol.

Now one thing is for sure. Scorpio is not part of this generation, in my opinion it goes beyond. Sony will not be able to compete if they don't release a new console, call it PS5 if you wish, but they need something on the same level.

foodfather said:
To some people the XOS not only competes, but far surpass the PS4p.

(looks, 4k drive, hdr).

I kinda agree with the above....lol

I would still like to have both though.

My gaming PC can do 4k and VR, but does not have a 4k drive (XBox One S is the cheapest and plays my current/360 library of games too, and has HDR).

PS4 Pro because Sony has an awesome library I want to have full access to with the best experience available via the PS4 Pro.

So for me:

Graphics/VR - My current PC with my Oculus

Current/360 library plus 4k BR drive - XBox One S

PS4 - Sony first party library with HDR/upscaling 

Win, Win, Win

The only console the One S is competing against is the One.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.