By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The console wars are so ridiculous.

vivster said:
I'd say the console wars is one of the most positive driving forces of the industry. If you lose enjoyment in gaming because of what some dude on the internet says, that's not really a community problem, that's on you.

^.^ Console wars are lot's of fun and no one gets really hurt. Except butthurt, but that makes everyone else laugh, so is a positive in the grand scheme of things.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

console wars are for silly nilly people

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I live and breathe console sales wars. The bragging rights that goes with your favourite console system winning the generation is priceless. Console sales war is like following a sports team, political party, religion, a soft drink, sporting brand, etc,

DJEVOLVE said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
They're more amusing nowadays to see the schadenfreude of people on Youtube and social media wrecking their lives over fighting them. "Corporate slavery" is a common term I've been hearing. Where people don't even realize companies are weaponizing them to fight for their products.

Bingo.

Funny you say that while being flagrantly guilty of it. =)

Ljink96 said:
So silly, yet so necessary. Sorta like real wars but without deaths...we'll, there's deaths of game companies of course. I like console wars. They bring out the best of companies I think. It brings competition. And ultimately, the gamers win out. But I don't like all the "trash" talk between fanboys. It is really silly. Just play what you like. Let others do the same.

Amen to that.

Around the Network

It's ok. It's just that consoles are used by many children and teenagers who think they know it all better and are somehow superior to all other humans and stuff. Once they get older, they'll get behind that this stuff is ridiculous and stop themselves. At least from my experience, I've encountered very very few folks over 30 who keep debating about this kind of stuff. Kids below 20 though talk all the time about how one thing is the second coming of christ and another thing, which is basically the exact same thing just with another brand name, is the shittiest product of all time for some reason. It's not just consoles, also smartphones, those Apple vs. Samsung wars are real! Oh, and the glorious PC Master Race is facing a serious civil war with all that nVidia vs. AMD stuff.

Anyway, most people get somewhat smarter between 20 and 30. Some earlier, some a little later. It's really not a huge problem, it's child's play. It just happens that children are very loud, especially on the internet. Just don't let it get to you. It's also funny sometimes. Like, back when the Master Chief Collection was announced, someone said "Finally I can play Halo 1 on my Xbox 1!". I laughed pretty hard at that. Just don't take it seriously and everything's fine.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

FunFan said:
vivster said:
I'd say the console wars is one of the most positive driving forces of the industry. If you lose enjoyment in gaming because of what some dude on the internet says, that's not really a community problem, that's on you.

^.^ Console wars are lot's of fun and no one gets really hurt. Except butthurt, but that makes everyone else laugh, so is a positive in the grand scheme of things.

I thought positive driving force more in a business sense. Without fanboys there would be no violent outcries over certain features that force the companies to act and improve their platform. The hilarious irony is of course that the improvement changes are driven mostly from the opposite side of fanboys while the company's own fanboys are usually defending the flaws and suppress change.

But yeah, in the end it's all a great big laugh.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Intrinsic said:
CGI-Quality said:
As long as multiple choices exist, there will always be "wars". As someone who lived during the 16-bit era, toady's console wars pale in comparison.

It's no different than politics, race, or religion. As long as there are options, there will be conflicts. No changing that.

Oh yes.... that time was bloody. Dont even get me started on the Street fighter vs Mortal Kombat thing.... or tekken vs virtual fighter

Those were truly dark days to live in as a kid. 

At least we argued about games, not like now where peopel argue about TFlops and resolutions.

OT: Yes, console wars, like most wars, are ridiculous.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

It really isn't even that bad nowadays to be honest.

Anyways my fondest memories are arguing with my friends about which console was better. It's a fun topic to discuss and time consuming especially when you're bored or have nothing to do. That didn't stop me from going to his house and playing on his Xbox 360 though. Honestly the worst thing nowadays is that so many people have moved on to PC ( atleast in my Social circle ) and they tend to consider themselves superior to consoles. Only friend I have who still actively games on consoles is a Nintendo fan and it's not really fun to discuss PS4 vs WII U tbh.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

It took you a while to realise that, eh?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---