By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The console wars are so ridiculous.

They are, but it is also really fun sometimes

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
As long as multiple choices exist, there will always be "wars". As someone who lived during the 16-bit era, toady's console wars pale in comparison.

It's no different than politics, race, or religion. As long as there are options, there will be conflicts. No changing that.

Can't we have one thread where people are not demanding for Nintendo to go 3rd party?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

melbye said:
They are, but it is also really fun sometimes

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter.

CGI put it more eloquently though (not the same thought, but the reasoning).

They are to entertain PC gamers.

Yeah, they do get kinda outta hand at times, though sometimes they are kinda fun to watch...

I kinda miss how the gaming space used to be for me. People say the console wars were huge during the Ninten/Sega days, but I never experienced that. People I played games with had Sega and Ninten consoles and we never fought about which side was better. They were all just games, and we enjoyed them all. It was happier times.

I think I got dragged into it when the fight between Sony and Xbox started. The waters have been muddied ever since...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Console wars are mostly people showing their double standards and hypocrisy imo. What they hate on the adverse company gets instantly praised in theirs. What is desperation becomes sound strategy, resolution is important until your console isn't the king of it anymore. Sales are important until your console isn't on top anymore. Making lists with criterias that remove games from competition's lists and so on and so on... funny to watch sometimes, but when those that want to discuss seriously just see their threads invaded and derailed constantly it becomes sad... I don't participate in such discussions anymore, I mostly watch but seeing how some are flip flopping is always hilarious... keep fighting, you bring discussions to new "heights"!

Outside of certain groups on message boards and comment sections I don't see it. In real life I've never met someone so avid for a platform that they talk down about a competitor. Every major system has had games I enjoyed.

They are, but my god how boring the forums would be without them.

Nymeria said:
Outside of certain groups on message boards and comment sections I don't see it. In real life I've never met someone so avid for a platform that they talk down about a competitor. Every major system has had games I enjoyed.

I'm mid 30s and when I was late 20s to early 30s I've heard plenty of Nintendo is for kids comments after stating I only game on Nintendo and PC.  This from kids that are 10-12 years younger than I am.  I basically just tell them I was gaming before they were even born and to suck it.

oh I planned to write something but then just drifted straight into reminisce-mode, lol
the volume of console wars hasn't really increased compared to past...It's become more visible because companies are taking advantage of the console wars in their marketing strategy. In the past it was just Blast Processing but nowadays it's more fine tuned, pin-pointed, small things here and there.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198