By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The console wars are so ridiculous.

Hey everyone! Haven't been active on this forum for a long time, so I'm not sure if much people remember me. In my time away, I've experienced a lot of things. It's changed my outlook on my hobbies and my life in general. One of my biggest hobbies used to be gaming, Although time constraints have restrained my ability to view this forum as often, I still consider gaming an essential part of my life and I just want to say one thing.

The gaming community is facing an incredibly huge problem. It's not the DLC, it's not the huge patches, it's not even the broken games. The community's biggest problem is the community itself! I mean, these console wars are ridiculous. What's the point of treating someone any differently based on the platform they play on? We're all gamers! We should all be able to bond over the games we love so much, regardless of what we play it on. That's like getting upset over someone liking a different flavor of smoothie. I've fallen into the trap a couple of times myself, but I refuse to anymore. This shouldn't be so personal guys. I know human nature causes us to want to be a part of something bigger than ourselves. We want to belong. So, some of us split off into the sony crowd, the xbox crowd, the nintendo crowd and so on. But, we already belong. We all game and it should be the reason we get closer, not drift futher apart.

Btw, this might have a holier than thou vibe to it, but I didn't mean it that way. Just wish people had a different outlook on this, and hope this helps. If it doesn't, then oh well. I tried.

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

I know right? Wish people threw away their crappy Playstations and Xbox's and get the best console of this generation- the wii u.

(waits for a war)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

CGI-Quality said:
As long as multiple choices exist, there will always be "wars". As someone who lived during the 16-bit era, toady's console wars pale in comparison.

It's no different than politics, race, or religion. As long as there are options, there will be conflicts. No changing that.

Guess it's just human nature. Still ridiculous though. 

So silly, yet so necessary. Sorta like real wars but without deaths...we'll, there's deaths of game companies of course. I like console wars. They bring out the best of companies I think. It brings competition. And ultimately, the gamers win out. But I don't like all the "trash" talk between fanboys. It is really silly. Just play what you like. Let others do the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-8DNL2wFLY

^necessary context

Imho console wars are for the better as long as people keep pushing their favourite company to make better products, but I don't know why people need to insult each-other: as a Nintendo fan it doesn't bother me if someone else enjoys more Halo or Uncharted instead of Zelda, neither it should bother them if I prefer the latter...

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
So silly, yet so necessary. Sorta like real wars but without deaths...we'll, there's deaths of game companies of course. I like console wars. They bring out the best of companies I think. It brings competition. And ultimately, the gamers win out. But I don't like all the "trash" talk between fanboys. It is really silly. Just play what you like. Let others do the same.

Yeah, that's what I meant by console wars haha.

War,war never changes.

I've never understood the mentality of people spending more time and energy hating on a console they will never own rather than putting that into enjoying their console of choice.

Welcome to the last 25 years of console gaming.

1992 called... it thinks this thread topic is cute.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Meanwhile, all Nintendo gets are NX rumors :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]