By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX may have originally been using AMD chips in early 2013-14 prototyping

The fusion rumor was probably made up. That said, I really hope they deliver with a 4 teraflop home experience. I would pay good money for a Nintendo console with that level of performance.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Guitarguy said:

Lol Nintendo don't have the same pull as Apple though. Literally tens of millions of people anticipate the next Apple phone and jump on it within the first 2 weeks, so Apple are in a position to do that. With Nintendo and even just video game consoles/handhelds, it takes alot longer and people need to see software. not saying any console can sell 10 million in launch week, but consoles do take time to convince gamers/general public that it is worth upgrading.

I was joking

I knowwww ;)

I'll only believe this if Emily Rogers confirms it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Captain_Yuri said:
StarOcean said:

Watch them pull an Apple and reveal it at the end of February. "By the way... here's the NX! It'll be on store shelves next week!"

Thats the one thing I wish they would do so I don't have to wait for so long T_T

It'd be the Saturn v.2

AMD's CPU/APU could not have been low power enough to go in a handheld. AMD was only plausible while there was two devices rumored.

Around the Network

This happens every time. Remember when Wii U was supposed to be using an IBM 7 PowerPC core or some beastly CPU core with a AMD 4850 GPU (1 TFLOP)? 

The final system was no where close to that. Everyone assumed AMD from the start because the GCN-Wii U were AMD/Art-X, but Nintendo is making a device that needs to have a mobile chip in it.

Soundwave said:

This happens every time. Remember when Wii U was supposed to be using an IBM 7 PowerPC core or some beastly CPU core with a AMD 4850 GPU (1 TFLOP)? 

The final system was no where close to that. Everyone assumed AMD from the start because the GCN-Wii U were AMD/Art-X, but Nintendo is making a device that needs to have a mobile chip in it.

There was a lot of weird rumors floating around before the Wii U's launch. I remember being a lurker on the site still when I was hearing the gamepad could simulate the feeling of grass and other things due to this tech that was on the touch screen... all because some company who is working on that sort of stuff had a booth near Nintendo (I think that was the reason people thought that. Its been so long, I cant remember)

But what does it matter now when they ended up choosing Nvidia lol

NX may be a peanutbutter and jelly sandwich laced with cocain...

Seriously tired of the speculation, Nintendo just needs to reveal the damn thing.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

No, the Fusion rumor has been disproved time and time again. The specs aren't anywhere similar, you left out half of them and even the ones you mentioned aren't close.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.