By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation TGS 2016 thread - Press Conference: It sucked!

Tagged games:

Wow, I did not even know it was supposed to be today, but apparently I missed nothing of importance. Overall sounds like I dodged something from not watching. Overall I give it a 10/10.

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:
WC4Life said:

lol, you only missed the disappointment xD

come on, not even Ni No Kuni 2

You are right, even ni no kuni 2 wasn't on the show...i really don't understand for what sony made this conference

Yeah. It really could've been a far better conference.

I mean look at all these awesome Japanese games in development.

Sony Computer Interactive:
Ambitious JRPG by Japan Studio (rumored)
Gran Turismo Sport
Gravity Rush 2
New From Software game (rumored)
New Hot Shots Golf
New Wild Arms (rumored)
The Last Guardian

Sega:
Persona 5
Phantasy Star Online 2 Expansion
Project Sonic 2017
Sonic Mania
Valkyria: Azure Revolution
Virtua Fighter 6 (rumored)
Yakuza 6

Capcom:
Dragon’s Dogma II (rumored)
Monster Hunter Frontier Z
New Devil May Cry (rumored)
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
Street Fighter V: Complete Edition

Square Enix:
Dissidia Final Fantasy (PS4)
Dragon Quest XI
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Final Fantasy XIV Expansion
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Kingdom Hearts 3
New Parasite Eve (rumored)
Nier: Automata
SaGa: Scarlet Grace
World of Final Fantasy

Bandai Namco:
Ace Combat 7
Dark Souls III Expansion (Ashes of Ariandel)
Digimon World: Next Order
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
Gundam Versus
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2
SD Gundam G Generation Genesis
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
Tales of Berseria
Tekken 7

Koei Tecmo:
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey
Attack on Titan
Berserk
Nioh
Samurai Warriors: Sanada Maru

Konami:
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016
Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience
Metal Gear Survive
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
Tokyo Xanadu
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters: Ultimate Card Battle

Of course many of these games will be present at the individual publisher shows but still with Japanese gamers moving away from home consoles Sony need to fire their biggest guns every year.

Maybe they want to focus primarily on new stuff at TGS and then fire the big guns at the new PlayStation Matsuri Festival (the new Japanese equivalent to PlayStation Experience)??

BraLoD said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

You are right, even ni no kuni 2 wasn't on the show...i really don't understand for what sony made this conference

They are focused on marketing their new hardware now, so it actually makes sense they focused on that on that conference, but it was still a disappointment as I was expecting at least one big thing software wise.

Sony has 3 new pieces of PlayStation hardware coming on this 3 months we have now, Slim on September, PSVR on October, Pro on November, so it's really clear that at this point they choose to focus on that rather than on new games.

I can understand that for sony at the moment the new hardware is very important, but don't showing one big game in there homeland is surprising me, don't know if this was a mistake...

BraLoD said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

I can understand that for sony at the moment the new hardware is very important, but don't showing one big game in there homeland is surprising me, don't know if this was a mistake...

Well, there actually had games that should do well on Japan announced, as the Koei Stars musou and the new Gundam, but it lacked something of a greater scale indeed.
Granblue seems really cool, but they clearly shouldn't have announced it now if it's coming 2018, it should be next TGS stuff, so I can't really get that excited about it right now.

What i really missed was the announcement of the new wild arms, don't know but i really had the feeling they would show it

Glad I went to sleep when the stream froze lol.

Around the Network

Seems bandai namco could announce a new god eater for ps4 at tgs...

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/god-eater-console-game-announcement-teased-tgs-2016-first-god-eater-online-details

Granblue Fantasy was a huge announcement for Japan. Honestly has the the highest selling potential for anything not FF or DQ.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BraLoD said:
outlawauron said:
Granblue Fantasy was a huge announcement for Japan. Honestly has the the highest selling potential for anything not FF or DQ.

Yeah, but when you announce it in 2016 with a 2018 expected release it's kinda a let down.
It'll be much more interesting and fitting on next year TGS as it'll be there for sure.

I feel like they knew the conference was boring and they rushed the reveal to have a big thing there.

The game honestly looks pretty good.

Considering the dev cycle of games these days, I'm not phased by 15-30 months.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.