By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Hypocrisy and Irony of 4K Blu-ray Exclusion

We live in an age where people complain about everything. Nuff said.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Azuren said:

No, I've decided on *gasp*

A lot more games.

Because I'm a gamer.

^ This post

Azuren said:

Except best of both worlds implies the best of both worlds, not PC vs Console. And considering there are only five retail games that aren't remasters, Kinect games, or also available on PC for Xbox One, it just doesn't compliment a PC as well as a PS4 would. 

But you know. Keep being wrong. 

I brought a PC because it offers me the best of both worlds. Only thing i gain from buying into a PS or Xbox is acouple exclusives which do not out-weight my post above. There is no debate here. I am also a gamer becuase i have access to alot more games and possiably own way more games than you just off Steam.  I sense someone is in denail. But im not suprised. Im not here to argu with you. You seem to want to turn everything into X vs Z. I linked you the major benefits and your only argument is that "Im wrong" haha ok, enjoy your Pro purchase.

The only person in denial is the one buying a console for UHD playback, and I'm not the one who turned anything into X vs Y, you were. I'm only here replying, pointing out how wrong you are over and over while you bag your head into logic hoping it will eventually give way. 

PC/PS4 > PC/XB1. Why? Because on a forum for gaming on the topic of gaming consoles, games matter more than movies. If you're going to say otherwise, the least you could do is admit that logic isn't behind that choice: It's brand loyalty. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

LivingMetal said:
mysteryman said:

I didn't mean if you would pay an extra $100 for 4K bluray playback.

If the PS4pro as it currently stands was priced $100 more, would that be a deal-breaker for you, or would you still get it?

Let's use a little common sense here. If I wouldn't buy the Ps4 Pro with 4k Blu Ray playback at $500, then I surely wouldn't buy the PS4 Pro without it. That's just less for more money. 

But you'd still buy a PS4?

Because the additional power isn't worth the extra cost to you, especially considering you don't have a 4K TV?

Azuren said:
Azzanation said:

^ This post

I brought a PC because it offers me the best of both worlds. Only thing i gain from buying into a PS or Xbox is acouple exclusives which do not out-weight my post above. There is no debate here. I am also a gamer becuase i have access to alot more games and possiably own way more games than you just off Steam.  I sense someone is in denail. But im not suprised. Im not here to argu with you. You seem to want to turn everything into X vs Z. I linked you the major benefits and your only argument is that "Im wrong" haha ok, enjoy your Pro purchase.

The only person in denial is the one buying a console for UHD playback, and I'm not the one who turned anything into X vs Y, you were. I'm only here replying, pointing out how wrong you are over and over while you bag your head into logic hoping it will eventually give way. 

PC/PS4 > PC/XB1. Why? Because on a forum for gaming on the topic of gaming consoles, games matter more than movies. If you're going to say otherwise, the least you could do is admit that logic isn't behind that choice: It's brand loyalty. 

Haha thats all you say, im wrong yet where are your facts to back up your claims? I like to debate using logic and facts however it doesnt seem like you are.

If you own a Gaming rig you dont need a PS4 or an XB1 however if you want to watch 4k UHD Disks you will need a XB1s. Unless your saying you can play a UHD disk in a PS4 Pro you dont have a point here. PSNow supplys PC games all the games they need ontop of there own huge library of games and same goes for Xbox.

PC/Nintendo over any combo of PS4 or XB1.

Azzanation said:

EDITED - PSNow has over 300+ PS3 Exclusives and unless you link me proof that its not going to continue to grow than you will be proven wrong again. There are only acouple PS games i want to play and there on PS3. Give it a year or two and watch more games get included in the vast library. Just like the 4k player in the Pro, how everything seems to be going Streaming and digital downloads, well its a digital future my friend.

Can you read? You can read, right? 

There are no PS4 titles. 

There are no plans for PS4 titles. 

Around the Network

The thing is X1 S not only has 4k blu-ray player but also upscales games to 4k (yes just like the PS4 pro) and Scorpio is going to be much more powerful than pro. PS4 Pro really is some bs.

mysteryman said:
LivingMetal said:

Let's use a little common sense here. If I wouldn't buy the Ps4 Pro with 4k Blu Ray playback at $500, then I surely wouldn't buy the PS4 Pro without it. That's just less for more money. 

But you'd still buy a PS4?

Because the additional power isn't worth the extra cost to you, especially considering you don't have a 4K TV?

Of course I'll still buy a PS4. More specifically a PS4 Pro. I don't see what the issue is. Either I didn't make myself clear earlier or you didn't make yourself clear earlier. A PS4 pro at $400 it's worth its price from my standpoint when you consider the 1 terabyte hard drive and the upgrade in graphics even on a 1080p high-definition television when compared to the $300 PS4 Slim. Again I don't see what the issue is.

Azzanation said:
Azuren said:

Haha thats all you say, im wrong yet where are your facts to back up your claims? I like to debate using logic and facts however it doesnt seem like you are.

If you own a Gaming rig you dont need a PS4 or an XB1 however if you want to watch 4k UHD Disks you will need a XB1s. Unless your saying you can play a UHD disk in a PS4 Pro you dont have a point here. PSNow supplys PC games all the games they need ontop of there own huge library of games and same goes for Xbox.

PC/Nintendo over any combo of PS4 or XB1.

No, you don't like logic or facts. You like to pretend things you think are facts. 

I owning a gaming rig. You know what it can't do? PS Exclusives, several of which being my favorite games released this generation.

How many games require that UHD drive? HOLY CRAP, THAT'S SUCH A HUGE NUMBER.

And "Nintendo" is vague. PC/PS4/3DS voices the most game coverage. A number of exclusive titles on 3DS, 48 confirmed exclusives for PS4, and thousands of indie titles + better versions of multiplatforms and a number of legitimately good PC exclusives. You know what you miss when you save $300 not buying an XB1? 5 real games and about a dozen Kinect jokes. 

Azuren said:
Azzanation said:

EDITED - PSNow has over 300+ PS3 Exclusives and unless you link me proof that its not going to continue to grow than you will be proven wrong again. There are only acouple PS games i want to play and there on PS3. Give it a year or two and watch more games get included in the vast library. Just like the 4k player in the Pro, how everything seems to be going Streaming and digital downloads, well its a digital future my friend.

Can you read? You can read, right? 

There are no PS4 titles. 

There are no plans for PS4 titles. 

No plans yet. Things change and especially with digital, they have built the foundation. PC has the biggest library of games. It’s not the best of both worlds, it’s the best of all worlds. One think I don’t have on my PC is a 4k UHD player, guess the Pro doesn’t help me there.

Anyway, enjoy your product justification. I’m off to play some Legion.

Uabit said:
The thing is X1 S not only has 4k blu-ray player but also upscales games to 4k (yes just like the PS4 pro) and Scorpio is going to be much more powerful than pro. PS4 Pro really is some bs.

But the Xbox One S doesn't have Persona 5.