By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4Pro was made to compete with PC - Sony Exec.

Tagged games:

Chazore said:
Ruler said:

i always saw it this way which console gamers you are talking about? Andrew House said the same thing before the Pro was announced

You buy 99% of your games from Steam, there is really no difference

I've seen it on this forum for months as well as around Dtoid for the past 3.

Actually I don't, I buy games through multiple vendors and on different clients. You don't really seem to understand the difference in freedom of choice here.

reallity is that most PC gamers dont use this freedom of choice and bitch and complain about copetition like Uplay

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:
I still don't understand why PS4 Pro has recieved so much attention. It's just a new PS4. It's like the New 3DS. The only new thing about it is non native 4k that you can't enjoy without a 4k TV and in some games (not all) a little boost in performance, if anything. I just... don't understand.

read my post above/page 7

Ruler said:

reallity is that most PC gamers dont use this freedom of choice and bitch and complain about copetition like Uplay

Reality is that people use GoG, Origin, Steam, Battle.net (which I know you greatly dislike) and other clients over shitty Uplay which gives very weak competition.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ruler said:
Chazore said:

I've seen it on this forum for months as well as around Dtoid for the past 3.

Actually I don't, I buy games through multiple vendors and on different clients. You don't really seem to understand the difference in freedom of choice here.

Do you have statistics about the revenue growth of the different PC-game vendors to back that assertion up?

Do you have statistics about the origin of steam licences? Which percentage of steam licenses are sold directly in the Steam client? How many Steam keys at GMG, Humble Store, Amazon, Indie Gala, Bundle Stars, GamesPlanet, WinGameStore, DLGamer, GamersGate, GamesRepublic, Kinguin, FunStock Digital, GamesRepublic...? How many Steam keys are sold in a retail version? How many were included in bundles or have been sold separately?

Ubisofts digital revenue has more than doubled since last year. EA also had a record quarter of digital revenue. GOG.com is also growing fast.

Reality is, that you know nothing about the chosing habits of the average PC gamer.

BasilZero said:
Ruler said:

Uplay is barely competition and is possibly the worst DD.

Why would you buy games for a platform that doesnt have that many games to begin with and when their own competition sells their own "First party" titles cheaper as well on Steam?

It took them few years to realize people would jump into their platform with free giveaways which both Steam and Origin have been doing for awhile now.

Also Uplay doesn't support the modding community the way Steam and GoG do either, another reason Uplay lacks in competition as well as sale deals on their own client.

Always wondered why they were extremely late to the free giveaway deal, though they still have to do better in that area which will probably take another 2-4 years for them to catch up.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Around the Network

I doubt whatever is in the ps4 pro is as good as my new gtx 980 ti, so it does nothing for me.

BasilZero said:

Also I realized yesterday that even GOG sells Ubisoft games that Ubisoft themselves havent bother putting on their own Uplay store.

All of the original Rayman games are on GOG l0l - wishlisted!

Sounds like Ubisoft need to 

Same with their client too.

Slimebeast said:
Captain_Yuri said:

But why would they stop thinking PC won't get better performance? If those guys are thinking to upgrade their PC or buy a new gaming PC, its not hard to check out why PCs will have superior performance.

Just look at the PC gamers on our site. Almost nobody owns a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080! Because they are damn expensive and don't offer enough performance for all that money.

You can dream about one and even boast about PC being superior on forums, but if you don't actually own a 1070 or 1080, your PC will not be much faster than a PS4 Pro. Most people who own a PS4 won't upgrade to a $1200 PC, but instead buy a cheaper PC.

Lol wut. PC gamers on our site, the actual ones are either planning to get one or are waiting for the next itteration because of how Nvidia released everything which suggests the 10 series is going to be a short cycle. Oh and not to mention that vgc is a very console favored site so getting stats from vgc is flawed as hell consdering how many PC hate threads we have had in the past. And how do they not offer enough performance? They blow away the PS4Pro without breaking a sweat. And the 1070 costs as much as a ps4Pro and old CPUs like the i5 2500K is more than capable of beating the cpu inside the PS4Pro.

Yea my current PC isn't faster than a ps4Pro but it will perform better than PS4Pro at 1080p while being older than it... So I am not sure what you are getting at? I am planning to buy a PS4Pro for the exclusives and anyone that is thinking about upgrading to a PC for visuals and performance know the costs of building a PC. So I am not sure what does that have to do with anything. And it actually isn't as high as you say. A $600-$700 PC will beat a PS4Pro. Cause you don't need a 1070 to beat a PS4Pro.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

GOWTLOZ said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Never said they upscale from 1080p... But Upscaling is still happening. And while it probably does run it a bit higher settings than ps4... Its not PC max at that resolution...

PC:

PS Pro:

Now I am not saying that a 970 can run that at 4k Native cause it can't but at the settings of the Ps4 Pro and upscaled to 4k? We will find out soon enough but I would say more plausible. And of course, PC has the added benefit of running games in 60fps at 1080p.

My point isn't to say that ps4 pro isn't a great console cause it is. I will be getting it as soon as it comes out. But it won't stop people who are looking at PC for better performance and visuals because PC does have exactly that (at higher cost obviously).

They are different scenes with different lighting but in terms of graphical effects I don't see a lot of difference other than lighting. The upscaled 4K still looks almost as good as 4K according to the DF article so it will be good enough for most.

For the best possible graphics PC is the obvious choice, but PS4 Pro is a good option for most gamers and its intended to keep console gamers from migrating to PC which at its price and performance it can do.

Lol wut? They are the same scenes... Its a comparaison for a reason. And there are quite a few of the effects that are missing and not to mention the Blurryness that comes out of the upscaling. And yea, the scaling does look almost as good as 4k native, too bad the higher visuals are missing and not to mention that PCs can do upscaling too.. The point is, PS4Pro = Not the best Visuals and Not the best Performance compared to PCs so anyone looking to upgrade to PC for the best Visuals and for the best Performance will still upgrade.

Yea ps4 Pro is a good option for most gamers. I never said it wasn't. But it sure as hell isn't gonna stop anyone that is looking to upgrade to a PC for the "best visuals" and "best performance" like House suggests.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Chazore said:
Hynad said:

That you're part of it or not doesn't change the result of that survey from a percentage perspective. The sample is more than big enough to be representative and I'm sure even you know that.

So yeah, your argument was defeated before you even typed all this.

JUst like it was to take the easiest route and forgo all the other factors.

What factors? 

Are there any factors that advantage the PS4 Pro over PC?