By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4Pro was made to compete with PC - Sony Exec.

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:

PS4 Pro wasn't made to compete with PC in a specs race, but to keep people away from real PC gaming. At this point in time PlayStation isn't much more than casual PC gaming, but for marketing purposes it's obviously pitched as something that supposedly makes people hardcore gamers.

You should revise your definition of hardcore gamers.

It has nothing to do with the specs of their hardware of choice.

Around the Network

Compete when its not even native 4k and can only do 30 FPS. LUL

Teeqoz said:
Just because it's meant to compete with PC doesn't mean it's meant to compete with the 1080. This is more aimed at the folks who might consider getting a 1060 or a 480 (or 470 or 460). That is a bigger part of the market than those who buy 1080s and 1070s.

Yeah, i'm not sure why some people are limiting his statement to being aimed at high-spec PCs. Even among PC gamers, those like myself who are willing to invest in a genuinely high-end PC are the minority (hell, even i wouldn't have built my current PC if it wasn't also intended for work). There are, however, a lot of PC gamers who fall in-between the PS4 and a high-end system. Those are the types of people the Pro is aimed at attracting, and honestly, at $400 i think it should do pretty well in that respect.

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

You should revise your definition of hardcore gamers.

It has nothing to do with the specs of their hardware of choice.

It isn't my definition, it's Sony's.

But I am open to suggestions, so feel free to tell me your definition of hardcore gamers.

Being a hardcore gamer is a result of the dedication someone puts into that hobby or certain games. It's not a matter of what specs are under the hood of your machine. 

Hynad said:
Chazore said:

JUst like it was to take the easiest route and forgo all the other factors.

What factors? 

Are there any factors that advantage the PS4 Pro over PC?

LIke checking other users that game on PC that don't use Steam, or haven't opted into being a part of the survey, other users using different clients that haven't been surveyed?. I find it odd how we can claim without evidence that those people don't exist because they didn't want to have their hardware displayed on a database. I don't vote for my town's HoK (house of keys) member, but I do in fact exist as a citizen on my island.

What does that last part even have to do with the Steam survey?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Hynad said:

What factors? 

Are there any factors that advantage the PS4 Pro over PC?

LIke checking other users that game on PC that don't use Steam, or haven't opted into being a part of the survey, other users using different clients that haven't been surveyed?. I find it odd how we can claim without evidence that those people don't exist because they didn't want to have their hardware displayed on a database. I don't vote for my town's HoK (house of keys) member, but I do in fact exist as a citizen on my island.

What does that last part even have to do with the Steam survey?.

I never claimed any of that. 

I said that despite those people not being a part of the survey, the sample used is still big enough (it's huge, in fact) to be representative. That's all I said, and that's statistically sound.

Hynad said:

I never claimed any of that. You're, as usual, acting like a victim. Like, seriously, do you ever act any other way when it comes to PC topics?

I said that despite those people not being a part of the survey, the sample used is still big enough to be representative. That's all I said, and that's statistically sound.

Do you really need to resort with retorts like that?.

I saw the way you acted towards Nintendo fans in one of their threads and that wasn't warranted either. 

And I'm talking about the numebr that hasn't been recorded, but these days those that take the sample are too non caring to go out of their way to collect the rest of the data that still exists out there (like the other clients or generally asking around which is what we see plenty of people doing in this world, if you can't be bothered then you're admitting to being lazy).

If you want his to get personal Hynad, you're doing a good job of it. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
Hynad said:

I never claimed any of that. You're, as usual, acting like a victim. Like, seriously, do you ever act any other way when it comes to PC topics?

I said that despite those people not being a part of the survey, the sample used is still big enough to be representative. That's all I said, and that's statistically sound.

Do you really need to resort with retorts like that?.

I saw the way you acted towards Nintendo fans in one of their threads and that wasn't warranted either. 

And I'm talking about the numebr that hasn't been recorded, but these days those that take the sample are too non caring to go out of their way to collect the rest of the data that still exists out there (like the other clients or generally asking around which is what we see plenty of people doing in this world, if you can't be bothered then you're admitting to being lazy).

If you want his to get personal Hynad, you're doing a good job of it. 

You think the other clients wouldn't have results similar to what's found on Steam, the biggest of them all? 

Like, seriously?

And btw, I edited my comment while you were writing your reply, basically admitting I was maybe going too far. Even if I still think what I said, it wasn't required.

Captain_Yuri said:
Slimebeast said:

Just look at the PC gamers on our site. Almost nobody owns a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080! Because they are damn expensive and don't offer enough performance for all that money.

You can dream about one and even boast about PC being superior on forums, but if you don't actually own a 1070 or 1080, your PC will not be much faster than a PS4 Pro. Most people who own a PS4 won't upgrade to a $1200 PC, but instead buy a cheaper PC.

Lol wut. PC gamers on our site, the actual ones are either planning to get one or are waiting for the next itteration because of how Nvidia released everything which suggests the 10 series is going to be a short cycle. Oh and not to mention that vgc is a very console favored site so getting stats from vgc is flawed as hell consdering how many PC hate threads we have had in the past. And how do they not offer enough performance? They blow away the PS4Pro without breaking a sweat. And the 1070 costs as much as a ps4Pro and old CPUs like the i5 2500K is more than capable of beating the cpu inside the PS4Pro.

Exactly. That and the only time PC data is talked about is when it's pitted against a console or when someone wants to pull data that isn't completely accurate or concrete from Steam Spy (even the creator tells you it;s not entirely accurate).

My £800 build technically beats a pro, especially when it comes to sporting more RAM, better CPU, SSD and HDD along with a better GPU in general.

Hynad said:

You think the other clients wouldn't have results similar to what's found on Steam, the biggest of them all? 

Like, seriously?

And btw, I edited my comment while you were writing your reply, basically admitting I was maybe going too far. Even if I still think what I said, it wasn't required.

The other clients don't pull the Steam survey the way Valve does and that's one of my points, they don't ask and no one knows, hence why we go with the samples and suggest they act as the whole. it's like saying the world is flat without knowing much about the world until you go around and explore it all.