By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4Pro was made to compete with PC - Sony Exec.

Tagged games:

Chazore said:
Hynad said:

You think the other clients wouldn't have results similar to what's found on Steam, the biggest of them all? 

Like, seriously?

And btw, I edited my comment while you were writing your reply, basically admitting I was maybe going too far. Even if I still think what I said, it wasn't required.

The other clients don't pull the Steam survey the way Valve does and that's one of my points, they don't ask and no one knows, hence why we go with the samples and suggest they act as the whole. it's like saying the world is flat without knowing much about the world until you go around and explore it all.

I see. Steam's survey cannot possibly be remotely representative because on the other clients, all users have current $1500USD rigs. Steam is the exception then. 

I see.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

I see. Steam's survey cannot possibly be remotely representative because on the other clients, all users have current $1500USD rigs. Steam is the exception then. 

I see.

I don't really think it's fair to not ask the other clients for their data as well as those who chose not to be a part of the survey, it's like saying I don't exist because I didn't want my HW there up on the charts. Also we all don't have to own 1500 rigs, you spend as much as you wish to, that's the beauty of PC gaming and we don't all need 1500 rigs either, CGI here has spent more then that due to his own personal choice, I wouldn't spend that much on mine at all.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

I agree with the executive's rationale behind their strategy, but keep people from a full blown conversion to PC gaming doesn't just happen. With the size of Sony's fanbase, it is still a viable option for them to include. I just think of the cost of a new console compared to the cost of a new graphics card.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

BraLoD said:

That goes directly against the point of the thread, that's to compete with PC.
If you are providing PS4 games to PC, reasons to own a PC goes up and to own a PS4 goes down.

So it doesn't make any sense to have such a service.

That's why it's not really a proper store if all you are doing is buying for the PS4 and not the PC, streaming a PS3 on a PC screen (not using the PC HW at all).

Anything Sony does that doesn't involve actually using the PC is for themselves, working towards the PC would of course be going against it if we go with it your way. Only other method I can think of is them pulling an MS and making their own OS to be used by everyone on a massive scale, doing everything Windows does, supporting all the other store clients etc, even then that would still be working against themselves at some point.

Tbh anything atm that Sony has going with PC has you not owning anything. Sure you buy PS4 games using a PC to access the PSN store, but you aren't playing those on your PC.Streaming games on your PC is simply using the screen while the game is streamed to you from a server, that you pay a sub towards and still don't own the games. With MS, as much as I hate to include their built in store with 10, at least they let you buy their games they let you play on both X1 and 10 as well as just having to buy one copy and getting the other for free.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

PC Gamers really want us to believe they can play 4K @ 60fps on their machines?

This is all a myth that PC Gamers tell themselves while playing bugged versions, like most titles from Warner Bros and Ubisoft, where consoles runs very well.

PS4 Pro runs games at 4k 30fps. PCs gamers don't do this, unless you paid for a REALLY expensive machine.

PS4 Pro runs at 1080@60fps just fine with better graphics and VR. Also, very good exclusives.

However, I criticize Sony because they are only focusing on specs, which is secondary. They need to embrace the real advantages of PC: free online, mods, cheaper games. And they made a very bad move on mods for Skyrim this week.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Around the Network

I think this upgrade was for PSVR

My 970, a 2014 gpu can run native 4K games at 22-44 fps at medium/High, I can definitely understand why some pc gamers wouldn't be impressed with the ps4 pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PglwxGCibn4

As a Pc gamer, i am happy with my standard Ps4. I am no corporate sheep and i don't understand why people makes such fuzz over entertainment, since it's just entertainment. It does prove in so many ways that people bitch and moan rather then just see it for what it is.
Also, a economic collapse is in our Horizon, it was clever by Sony to launch the Pro at that price, because with the 4kBlu-Ray and better CPU would add such cost which would be impossible for people to be able to afford it within the next coming month's. I think Sony remember 2008 and didn't wants to walk down that road again, especially since this boble is the US federal Currency, basically it will be completely worthless. I am not interested in a debate or providing something people can surely find themselves within seconds.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

BasilZero said:

It'll only be able to compete for a year or so lol - after that - they'll need to upgrade again if they want to continue competing since PC hardware always gets upgrades every year in one form or another.

Anything like "Yah, it's never gonna compete with PC every year" is a strawman.

It quite clearly spells out that their data shows a dip in sales mid-generation, i.e. folks who start to want to move from 3 year old console level graphics, which PS4 Pro is targeting.

If you look at Steam's data on PC GPUs, PS4 pro will have more TFLOPs than 90% of active PC GPUs.  When you factor in effective performance from console only optimizations, it's going to be better than >95% of PC GPUs today.

My 8th gen collection

Yeah because PC gamers chose PC just because of the Tflops of the hardware, "upgradability", choice of settings, mods & free internet play certainly don't matter for PC gamers, not to speak of keyboard+mouse combo or the fact that you can do much more stuff with a PC, of course, god forbid that PC gamers should take this into account... lawl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001