By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS4 Pro event made me realise something.

Love Nintendo's Treehouse events. Loads of gameplay being shown off, less droning from boring suits.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
My view: Yesterday's event was boring, dull and uninspired.
Nintendo Direct: Generally exciting, and inspired.
Sony E3 presentation the last two or maybe three years: Better than above 2 in terms of excitement, presentation, quality and quantity.

This... Then there's Microsoft going full on Hollywood on everyone... 

Kerotan said:
bigtakilla said:

Hey, I'm on your side on this. And the way Sony just rolled over and played dead, the more the statement is true the better off Nintendo will be. I was just asking if you had any thoughts on the idea of event not helping. Apparently not.

I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.  If you can make your point clear and concise I might understand it.  Genuinely don't know what you're asking anymore.  Things got messy when you started confusing things other posters said with what I said.  

Anyway,  Sony ain't rolling over.  Come the end of next year they'll have ~75 million ps4's on the market and they'll be earning massive profits from their Playstation division.  I wouldn't call that rolling over and dying. I'd call that the company that's exciting the mass market the most.  

You're counting the NX and Scorpio out? 

Well, you can if you want I guess.

AsGryffynn said:
Acevil said:
Sony E3 presentation the last two or maybe three years: Better than above 2 in terms of excitement, presentation, quality and quantity.

This... Then there's Microsoft going full on Hollywood on everyone... 

They need to.

KLAMarine said:
Love Nintendo's Treehouse events. Loads of gameplay being shown off, less droning from boring suits.

Prefer directs.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Kerotan said:

I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.  If you can make your point clear and concise I might understand it.  Genuinely don't know what you're asking anymore.  Things got messy when you started confusing things other posters said with what I said.  

Anyway,  Sony ain't rolling over.  Come the end of next year they'll have ~75 million ps4's on the market and they'll be earning massive profits from their Playstation division.  I wouldn't call that rolling over and dying. I'd call that the company that's exciting the mass market the most.  

You're counting the NX and Scorpio out? 

Well, you can if you want I guess.

Of course I am.  A more expensive scorpio has no chance against a cheaper ps4 and I don't believe the NX will target the ps4 audience. 

But regardless if they sell well or not ps4 ain't going to stop and will be over 70m in 2017. 

Imaginedvl said:
Acevil said:

Yes it was a bad (aka: not exciting) event. I think a lot of people agree on that. But franckly, their goal was to announce the Pro before it comes out not to hype it and because Microsoft announced the Scorpio thing before that. How could you expect anything else.

I do not think anyone was expecting any new game announcement like that out of the blue in september too.

The event did the job for that but was really boring yah :)

And the thing is, who is gonna be the company that gains that holiday season hype. If Nintendo snags that, it'll be huge. 

I know we still have TGS to go, but still as of right now it could still go to anyone. Well besides the fact Mario Run is gonna sell like crazy. 

Sony shows make gaming look boring. Nintendo shows make gaming look preschool. Microsoft shows innovation and fun.

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI

Seventizz said:
Sony shows make gaming look boring. Nintendo shows make gaming look preschool. Microsoft shows innovation and fun.

I will say that at least they kept the scorpio reveal to 5 minutes. That was nice

bigtakilla said:
Acevil said:

Despite your last claim which I at least in part disagree with, the NX reveal has a solid chance at not being buried by hype, which was all until yesterday was one ofthe biggest concerns I had with NX reveal. 

But in all honesty, the only entertainment even PS4's E3 provides are its games, which is all it needs so it works. Beyond that Xbone and PS4's E3s are pretty boring too. If NX comes with the games and a entertaining way to present it, it could actually bury the PS 4 Pro hype (not necessarily saying it will sell better, but people will be paying attention to it).

NX is a new console. This event was announcing a new model in a series. I don't remember there being any event when the DSi or 3DS XL was announced.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.