By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS4 Pro event made me realise something.

Imaginedvl said:
bigtakilla said:

Fair enough, but are there any instances where MS has flip flopped to the detriment of gamers and not benefit them?

Nope :)

It is highly doubtful in any case that Sony will change anything now for the Pro.
Microsoft got some time but what they announced will not change, if something changes it will just be for the better but nothing will be lower that what has been already announced.

From what I've seen this gen from them I gotta agree.

Around the Network
Diggle said:
Cloudman said:

Well, I have to disagreee there on the comments about Nintendo and Horizon. I know they were trying to show off the visual capabilities of the system, but they made most of the games they presented look very dull. Horizon, Mass Effect and COD were presented in very uninteresting fashions. It felt like I was watching slow staged events. Horizon was slow moving with Assassin's Creed/Uncharted style climbing and very carefully placed platforms to climb but the weird robot creature. Mass Effect had the MC walk and hop to different platforms, with some cutscenes, and COD felt like a very slow staged event. The zombie game was mostly the MC tossing a moltov cocktail into the swarm of zombies. Those games were presented in such a dull manner, I couldn't help but feel very unimpressed. Sure, they looked very nice, but fun? Not at all for me.

Those games were already shown previously with more in-depth presentation at E3. So I don't know what you were expecting. Both received great parise at E3 along with the Reveal of Spiderman and GOW.

I guess I was expecting for the games presented to catch my interest is all.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

twintail said:
Cloudman said:

Well, I have to disagreee there on the comments about Nintendo and Horizon. I know they were trying to show off the visual capabilities of the system, but they made most of the games they presented look very dull. Horizon, Mass Effect and COD were presented in very uninteresting fashions. It felt like I was watching slow staged events. Horizon was slow moving with Assassin's Creed/Uncharted style climbing and very carefully placed platforms to climb but the weird robot creature. Mass Effect had the MC walk and hop to different platforms, with some cutscenes, and COD felt like a very slow staged event. The zombie game was mostly the MC tossing a moltov cocktail into the swarm of zombies. Those games were presented in such a dull manner, I couldn't help but feel very unimpressed. Sure, they looked very nice, but fun? Not at all for me.

Some of your previous comments about Sony conference's being boring and uninteresting are just simply mind boggling. Are they perfect? No. But they are far from boring or uninteresting. THey have had some really good showings these last couple of years.

As for this event. Agreed: it was not exciting. But I think you are wrong on other accounts. The event was mainly aimed at journalists. A short presentation giving them the basics they needed to know about the Slim+Pro and then giving them as much hands on time with the devices. After all, the big sell is 4K and its extremely difficult for anyone without a 4K monitor to ascertain that, and taking streaming quality on top of that makes it practically impossible for most people. The big takeaway for consumers is really the reports from gaming press (which from what I have seen is largely positive) and not so much the event itself.

if you were looking to be dazzled then you came to the wrong event. There is TGS and PSX for that. There might even be a EU conference. There should be but nothing is confirmed at time of writing. If those 3 are boring and show off unintersting gameplay then by all means you have solid ground to work on. But just this random meet (which is a rare event Sony even stages) as an indication of a what a Sony event is, doesnt make much sense to me.

Well, that's just me though. I've watch a couple of Sony events and conferences in the past to be informed on sony's side as well as a friend who often mentions them to me, and more often than not I don't find them very interesting and enjoyable to watch. It's mostly the style in which they present things I don't find very enjoyable. I did commend sony for a good show at their most recent E3, but how they usually present their events have been not very good to me.

Regardless of who the event was supposedly aiming for, I don't think that makes it fine for a less than enjoyable show. I think they should try to find a better way to get their info across, at least something more engaging. I mean, I didn't come into the event to be dazzled. I just wanted to see Sony sell me on their products, and I wasn't sold by the end.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread