By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS4 Pro event made me realise something.

Diggle said:
I'm glad that Sony does not use gimmicks at conferences like Nintendo. Reggie is a clown and I don't find him funny as humorous, but rather funny as in he is a joke. Yes Cerny's voice is too soft. People expecting new game announcements should have educated themselves on what this event was about. I prefer companies get to the point than trying to be entertaining.

Then see the scorpio reveal. Sony's wasn't to the point it was long and boring.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Diggle said:
I'm glad that Sony does not use gimmicks at conferences like Nintendo. Reggie is a clown and I don't find him funny as humorous, but rather funny as in he is a joke. Yes Cerny's voice is too soft. People expecting new game announcements should have educated themselves on what this event was about. I prefer companies get to the point than trying to be entertaining.

It was boring for us streamers. For those attending, they had proper live 4k footage of what the new console can do.

Hynad said:
bigtakilla said:

It was boring for us streamers. For those attending, they had proper live 4k footage of what the new console can do.

No it'd still be rather white bread. 4k gaming can be seen now on pcs, and that isn't upscaled.

Bandorr said:
bigtakilla said:

Are you saying we live in a better world because that didn't happen? I'd love to see a person dressed like Terra flopping around on the ground, and think of how many ways that could be used in these forums. Missed opportunity I'd  say.

No I'm saying I would have loved to see that. 10 minutes to difference versions of "tera/terra" and "flop".

Imagine if someone dressed as terra was flopping on the ground - while talking about teraflops? It would have been the best moment of the show.

See, and it took you like 3 seconds to come up with that.

bigtakilla said:
Hynad said:

No it'd still be rather white bread. 4k gaming can be seen now on pcs, and that isn't upscaled.

4K gaming is far from having reached mass market penetration. It's still quite niche, so... Nope.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Diggle said:

There was no Scorpio revel. You mean MS claiming things they won't deliver again? I have not seen an Xbox Scorpio. I just seen more BS about how Xbox will change gaming. What does the Scorpio look like and what are the specs?

Cloudman said:
That is one thing I definitely like with Nintendo over Sony, they know how to make good shows. Directs and Digital Events are always a good time, even if they can appear childish. Sony on the other hand makes the most boring shows. They always bore me and sometimes outright annoy me. Heck, not only what the meeting a borefest, even the games looked very uninteresting, and that's pretty bad in my book.

I try to give Sony the benefit of the doubt with their events, but time and time again I'm greeted with the same thing. Others may not agree, but I think they really need to change up their shows. The meeting is going to be the last show of theirs I watch if they keep going with this sort of presentation style.

You can say they are boring but their games are uninteresting? Lol. The only thing that looks good from Nintendo all generation is the new Zelda. Horizon alone crushes anything from Nintendo including Zelda and I am still a Zelda fan. I wish they would make a console powerful enough to deliver a Zelda on the level of Horizon. At this point it is no argument that Sony is delivering more attractive games than Nintendo. What has Nintendo had all year?

Diggle said:
Cloudman said:
That is one thing I definitely like with Nintendo over Sony, they know how to make good shows. Directs and Digital Events are always a good time, even if they can appear childish. Sony on the other hand makes the most boring shows. They always bore me and sometimes outright annoy me. Heck, not only what the meeting a borefest, even the games looked very uninteresting, and that's pretty bad in my book.

I try to give Sony the benefit of the doubt with their events, but time and time again I'm greeted with the same thing. Others may not agree, but I think they really need to change up their shows. The meeting is going to be the last show of theirs I watch if they keep going with this sort of presentation style.

You can say they are boring but their games are uninteresting? Lol. The only thing that looks good from Nintendo all generation is the new Zelda. Horizon alone crushes anything from Nintendo including Zelda and I am still a Zelda fan. I wish they would make a console powerful enough to deliver a Zelda on the level of Horizon. At this point it is no argument that Sony is delivering more attractive games than Nintendo. What has Nintendo had all year?

Well, I have to disagreee there on the comments about Nintendo and Horizon. I know they were trying to show off the visual capabilities of the system, but they made most of the games they presented look very dull. Horizon, Mass Effect and COD were presented in very uninteresting fashions. It felt like I was watching slow staged events. Horizon was slow moving with Assassin's Creed/Uncharted style climbing and very carefully placed platforms to climb but the weird robot creature. Mass Effect had the MC walk and hop to different platforms, with some cutscenes, and COD felt like a very slow staged event. The zombie game was mostly the MC tossing a moltov cocktail into the swarm of zombies. Those games were presented in such a dull manner, I couldn't help but feel very unimpressed. Sure, they looked very nice, but fun? Not at all for me.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Hynad said:
bigtakilla said:

4K gaming is far from having reached mass market penetration. It's still quite niche, so... Nope.

Doesn't mean it's never been seen. Nor is PS Pro truly 4k gaming

Diggle said:
bigtakilla said:

There was no Scorpio revel. You mean MS claiming things they won't deliver again? I have not seen an Xbox Scorpio. I just seen more BS about how Xbox will change gaming. What does the Scorpio look like and what are the specs?

Project Scorpio will have an 8-core CPU from an unknown manufacturer and a graphics card with 6TFLOPs (trillion floating point operations per second) of power. It’ll also have 320GB/s of memory bandwidth.

image: http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/0000396f4/10d7_oq80_orh234w417/xbox-scorpio.png

Read more at http://trustedreviews.com/news/xbox-scorpio-release-date-specs-news-rumours-4k-vr#pE2M2ptEZorcSYVp.99