By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS4 Pro event made me realise something.

twintail said:
bigtakilla said:

It really made me appreciate Nintendo's digtal events. I mean even the last 3DS only direct was at least entertaining, as well as having some new 3DS goodness to announce.

The PS4 Pro event had me tuning out within the first 5 minutes. The information in the even was good enough, don't get me wrong. The way it was presented reduced me to tears of boredom. Didn't really help that they showed no new game to add to the hype, but it was just supposed to be a console reveal.

Granted NX will be a new reveal vs a redesign, still I think they could bury the competition's hype, not with power (obviously), but with good old fashioned entertainment in the games they show and how they present it; and I think they will do just that.

I agree it was boring. But if that meeting is your standard then I think you need to reconsider.

Sonys other actual conferences from the just year or 2 blow NDs out the water. 

The PS meeting was just an info event aimed more at journalists getting hands on time with the PS Pro.

Zelda was definitely top trending this year, and 2014 Nintendo pretty much demolished the competition. 

Agreed with the Playstation event though.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
celador said:
It was called a Meeting for a reason, not an event or show

Meetings don't have to be devoid of all personality and fun.

You don't go to a meeting for fun.

bigtakilla said:
twintail said:

I agree it was boring. But if that meeting is your standard then I think you need to reconsider.

Sonys other actual conferences from the just year or 2 blow NDs out the water. 

The PS meeting was just an info event aimed more at journalists getting hands on time with the PS Pro.

Zelda was definitely top trending this year, and 2014 Nintendo pretty much demolished the competition. 

No, they didn't. Zelda stood out but the consensus is that Sony had the best E3.

Lawlight said:
bigtakilla said:

Meetings don't have to be devoid of all personality and fun.

Good for you?

bigtakilla said:
Lawlight said:

Good for you?

What's the point of your post? People pointed out where you were wrong in your comparison - your response makes no sense given the context.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
bigtakilla said:

Good for you?

What's the point of your post? People pointed out where you were wrong in your comparison - your response makes no sense given the context.

How so

Lawlight said:
bigtakilla said:

No, they didn't. Zelda stood out but the consensus is that Sony had the best E3.

Top trending is correct though. Zelda did get that

Acevil said:
My view: Yesterday's event was boring, dull and uninspired.
Nintendo Direct: Generally exciting, and inspired.
Sony E3 presentation the last two or maybe three years: Better than above 2 in terms of excitement, presentation, quality and quantity.

Yes it was a bad (aka: not exciting) event. I think a lot of people agree on that. But franckly, their goal was to announce the Pro before it comes out not to hype it and because Microsoft announced the Scorpio thing before that. How could you expect anything else.

I do not think anyone was expecting any new game announcement like that out of the blue in september too.

The event did the job for that but was really boring yah :)

bigtakilla said:
Kerotan said:

No it's not a pretty good point because you just made something up and claimed I said it. 

Hey, I'm on your side on this. And the way Sony just rolled over and played dead, the more the statement is true the better off Nintendo will be. I was just asking if you had any thoughts on the idea of event not helping. Apparently not.

I don't even know what you're talking about anymore.  If you can make your point clear and concise I might understand it.  Genuinely don't know what you're asking anymore.  Things got messy when you started confusing things other posters said with what I said.  

Anyway,  Sony ain't rolling over.  Come the end of next year they'll have ~75 million ps4's on the market and they'll be earning massive profits from their Playstation division.  I wouldn't call that rolling over and dying. I'd call that the company that's exciting the mass market the most.  

Soundwave said:

That's kind of the thing too ... the "harder" you try the more forced you seem. It's like a politican who's trying too hard to be appealling, it usually ends up coming off the exact opposite way.

this is the exact reason why most cinematic AAA western games dont appeal to me, many of them try way too hard to be badass and edgy which just comes off as incredibly cheesy.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.