By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The PS4 Pro event made me realise something.

pokoko said:
Pavolink said:

They have zero interesting executives or characters that will translate well to puppets.

No one has executives that translate well to puppets, from what I've seen.  

Then I recommend you to see Nintendo E3 2015.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
pokoko said:

No one has executives that translate well to puppets, from what I've seen.  

What other puppets do you think I'm talking about?  Coupled with Reggie playing with Skylanders and the teaser about Star Fox being inspired by Japanese temples, it was one of the worst things I've ever seen out of any gaming company.  Now, maybe you like the sideshow stuff like puppets or Ubisoft's dancers but, for me, it's a waste of my time. 

Yeah, yesterday's show wasn't really a "show," per se, but more of a press event solely to introduce their new products. Sony probably shouldn't have livestreamed it, as compared to its E3's (especially this year's) the show was bound to be boring, without a cheering crowd of fans, orchestra, etc. Funny thing is, an event like that probably would have been better to generate more excitement around the new items. 

bigtakilla said:
Kerotan said:

Maybe you're not primarily a Playstation fan and you lean more towards Microsoft or Nintendo but for us Playstation fans they've been very exciting and entertaining. 

Cool, but you already stated most people don't watch their events, ect. So it's hard to believe now when youu say they are a reason people would want to buy it.

When did I say most people don't watch their events? 

I've always found Sony boring as a whole to be honest. But sometimes that's what works better, just look their strategy this gen: "more of the same but prettier". You cannot get more boring than that, but at the same time that made them market leaders so it worked.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Pavolink said:

What other puppets do you think I'm talking about?  Coupled with Reggie playing with Skylanders and the teaser about Star Fox being inspired by Japanese temples, it was one of the worst things I've ever seen out of any gaming company.  Now, maybe you like the sideshow stuff like puppets or Ubisoft's dancers but, for me, it's a waste of my time. 

Oh to bad it wasted your time (and everyone else). Unfortunately, my point still stands, as those executives and characters translate pretty well into puppets.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

vivster said:
JWeinCom said:

I'm 100% sure that they were streaming it for the general public.  Unless the stream only worked for those with 10 platinum trophies or something, then it was streaming for the general public.  As in, everyone.

Really? As soon as entertainment is publically available it has to entertain everyone or it's no good?

I guess Pokemon is shit then because it's boring for people who don't like RPGs.

Really?  As soon as I show your argument is flawed you're going to change it to something else?

The general public means everyone regardless of any special qualifications.  As in, if a training seminar is only made available to members of the military, it is not for the general public.  If that seminar is put on Youtube then it is now for the general public.  That's what the term means.  And that's what you were saying before you decided to go offroad.

"Really? As soon as entertainment is publically available it has to entertain everyone or it's no good?"

If this was Sony's idea of entertaiment, I'd hate to see how boring their actual meetings are ^_^.  But, to answer the question, no, and I never said it did.  Please try to base your responses on what I've actually said.

Kerotan said:
bigtakilla said:

Cool, but you already stated most people don't watch their events, ect. So it's hard to believe now when youu say they are a reason people would want to buy it.

You're  right Soundwave said that. Still a pretty good point .

bigtakilla said:
Kerotan said:

No it's not a pretty good point because you just made something up and claimed I said it. 

Kerotan said:
bigtakilla said:

No it's not a pretty good point because you just made something up and claimed I said it. 

Hey, I'm on your side on this. And the way Sony just rolled over and played dead, the more the statement is true the better off Nintendo will be. I was just asking if you had any thoughts on the idea of event not helping. Apparently not.