By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Xbox Scorpio's power advantage over PS4 Pro 'will be obvious'

thismeintiel said:
barneystinson69 said:

Wow. Do you really believe that a 6-8tflops console will cost over $600? Especially with another year till the release, you're getting all pesimistic for nothing.

I have already quite clearly said what I thought it would be priced at, $499.  So, let's not be disingenuous to try and act like you have a point.  There's a reason MS talked about the price of the GPU, to brace people for a higher price.  They are going to ask for a higher price over the PS4 Pro, using the 4K Bluray and ~1.8 Tflops increase as justifications for said price.  Of course, that's not going to help when the Pro will most likely be $150 cheaper than it by the time it finally launches.

Well your statement certainly didn't make it sound like that. "MS is already trying to prep everyone for a higher price with that talk about the GPU alone costing the same as the launch PS3". You're the making it sound like this is going to be a $600-$700 console. And do you honestly believe that a 1.5Tflop boost will cost $150 more like you just stated? The fact stands that Microsoft has said the console will be 6Tflops. Even if those specs were increased, do you honestly believe Microsoft would launch $150 more expensive than the PS Pro? I will bet you that if Microsoft keeps its current specs of 6tflops, it'll launch at no more than $399.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
DialgaMarine2 said:
It's honestly sounding more and more like Scorpio is a full fledged 9th gen console, and not an upgrade to the current XB1 hardware, so comparisons to PS4 Pro are completely irrelevant. Really just sounds like more MS damage controlling to me.

The generation should have started with his level of imagry in my opinion. From day one I was unimpressed with the PS4 and Xbox One.

thismeintiel said:

And therein lies the problem with Scorpio. No exclusives. If everything that will launch on the XBO is coming to PC, there's really no point in getting a Scorpio. Now, there will be a few who prefer the console experience, but a big part of that IS exclusives. 

@ OP

If they aren't worried, will they be giving sales numbers, now? No? Didn't think so. And they should be when the Pro is $349, has already had a year to take the top spot for 4K console gaming, and they're just launching at $499.

You assume that PC and Xbox are replacements for each other, they aren't.

I have multiple PC's, Tablets, Phones... And yet my Original Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One haven't been replaced by anything.
I like the interoperability between platforms, it's a draw card.
I like being able to play a game on my Laptop, while sitting outside under the tree... Then getting up walking inside, sitting on the couch and firing up that same game on Xbox.

ABTR said:

People must understand the scorpio is the Xbox 2 beacause has complety new architech and you see that when MS not going to name it xbox one premium or somenthing with "one" in it 

So you mean Microsoft isn't going to be using an x86 derived AMD for the CPU and a Graphics Core Next based GPU with Scorpio? And will use a completely new OS and API layout that isn't Windows/Direct X derived?
Why have I not heard of this? Oh wait. You actually have no idea do you?

Soundwave said:

Like I said we'll see. And PS5 better be a lot more than 10 TFLOPS if it's supposed to be some "new generation". 

Flops isn't everything.

Soundwave said:

Yup, I agree. MS got killed for doing the whole "900p is OK because 900p upscales to 1080p, you can't tell the difference", but PS4 Pro basically selling the same bag of milk is A-OK. 

Either make a 4K console or don't make one at all, but don't gimme this "behold the glory of 4K!" stuff when your system can't even display native 4K nor can it run 4K movies. 

Agreed. The double standards are pretty rife amongst this forum.

Azuren said:

He doesn't need to see the future to tell you that MS is going to lose this generation by a wide margin. It's nearly 2:1, and Sony now has the advantage of entering the holidays with a 4K option while Microsoft struggles to get XB1S off the shelves after the hype died in a week.

Whilst true, Microsoft is getting beaten badly this console generation... It's still not the same extent as the Original Xbox vs Playstation 2. :P

Microsoft will likely not "reset" it's userbase (This is the indication they have been giving out by stating there won't be another console generation) by initiating another console generation, but constantly releasing iterative hardware upgrades every few years, which isn't a bad plan really.

It will be interesting to see how things play out over the long term though.

With that said, sales doesn't discredit Scorpio's power advantage.

FunFan said:

So, there will be a difference but we will never know :D

I pesonally don't think there has been a really significant jump in graphics in a long time. Improvements yes, but not as significant as some people claim. Last game that really shocked me was Crysis. And that's what? 2007? I remember playing it on a extremelly powrful PC, DX10 with everything maxed out and while the monitor wasn't 4k it was still a way higher resolution than 1080p. It wasn't my PC, of course, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to run the game on mine so I didn't buy it. I bet a lot of people didn't buy for the same reason.

So you could say there was a huge difference between Crysis and everything else that year, but no one knew, or more precisely, no one cared. It be interesting to see how many people actually care about the Scorpio over the PS4 Pro, but to me, more importantly is seeing how many people care about the Pro over the vanilla PS4 itself.

It works both ways. Allot of people bought Crysis because they didn't wish to run the game, they wished to benchmark it, even on extremely antiquated hardware, I was a mod on the In Crysis forum for a short time, you would be surprised on the wide ranging rigs people were pushing that game on.

Azuren said:

Of course, this is all operating under the impression that Scorpio will actually run games at native 4K. And, you know.

We haven't even seen it yet. Bit early to be saying stuff like "It'll be native 4K" don't you think?

It's ironic... Because once rumors of Neo/4k started to float around, people were claiming it was going to be some special-sauce 4k powerhouse.
Obviously anyone who had any technical understanding would understand that wasn't going to happen...
And then polaris dropped and people woke up to it a little.

Scorpio isn't going to be some 4k powerhouse, it will likely have games operating at 1440P/1600P/1800P and use frame reconstruction/upscaling to achieve 4k with an increase in fidelity.

Soundwave said:

No one knows for certain what will happen in the industry going forward, for all we know NX could be the best selling system two years from now. 

MS is getting much more competetive and making a lot more sound moves, there's no gauruntee Sony can just coast on MS' mistakes from 4 years ago forever. 

To be honest I don't really even give a shit. The whole point of this system selling dick waving is to have developer support, is it not? Well MS already gets pretty much all the developer support anyway, and with Scorpio because they have the better hardware they will resume getting the best multiplats in many cases just like XBox did over the PS2. 

The days when Sony could money hat like Grand Theft Auto are long since gone. 

So to me as a user, I couldn't care less, it's not like MS or Sony are giving me any of their profits. If I do choose Scorpio, I'm going to be getting all the big third party games and getting them with the best graphics. 

Scorpio should get the higher quality Multiplats, that's a given as developers will likely need to cutback less on the graphics compared to porting to the Playstation 4 Pro.
Also anyone else annoyed at the name? Neo sounded so much cooler than the boring old "Pro". :P

Honestly I hope Microsoft and Nintendo can claw back some marketshare from Sony so that all three companies are on equal footing, that's good for the industry and good for the consumer.

0815user said:
sales gap between ps4pro and xboxscorpio will be obvious too. as will be the number and quality of playstation exclusives compared to xbox exclusives. and since the scorpio isn't releasing till late 2017, guess what the performance gap between a ps5 (likely to happen 2019 or so) and the xboxscorpio will look like.

So basically what you are saying is that... Microsoft is doomed regardless of what they do? And they should give up trying? Exit the console market and give complete control to Sony who might then become a monopoly and charge higher prices and stagnate tech? Good idea.

Soundwave said:

It actually wouldn't surprise me if MS has better hardware every step of the way from here on out.

I think the big take away (rightly or wrongly) that MS learned this generation is that XBox cannot be inferior hardware wise to the Playstation or they will lose big. And you can see that in the Scorpio unveiling, they emphasized over and over again that it's the most powerful gaming home console. 

The original XBox benefitted by being better than the PS2. The 360 was better than the PS3 in many ways and launched a full year earlier.

MS cannot expect things to go their way if they offer inferior hardware, the role of the XBox is to the better hardware option to whatever the Playstation is.

With Scorpio they are getting back to that, and they will likely do the same thing versus Playstation 5. If Playstation is the defacto console brand, then the role of the XBox has to be to be better than that at least hardware wise otherwise it won't be competetive. 

MS *must* have the power advantage, otherwise what's the point? They're basically making a Microsoft Playstation with worse specs and no one wants that. MS learned that the hard way with XBox One. 

Sony has some serious brand power with Playstation and that isn't easily matched by being merely "good enough".

I doubt Scorpio will change the landscape though, but I am keen to watch and see how things play out, that's half the fun for us Enthusiasts, right? :P

exclusive_console said:

If Xbone2 does manage to do native 4K with good gfx, which is not possible. Then people with 4K TV will more likely go with Xbone2 as on 4K TV the difference will probably be similar to PS4 and Xbone in HDTV. However if the difference in 1080P mode is same as both are quite capable of doing it then people with HDTV will more than likely go with PS4Pro.

Personally I think we are still some years away for native 4K gaming with high details. We need something like GTX titan 11TF custom made with very good optimization integrated in a console with capable cpu and ram.

Scorpio will likely have superior image quality regardless of the resolution.

But as has been proven multiple times in history, graphics power doesn't guarentee you to win a console generation, but hell it makes things nicer to look at though.

ICStats said:

We can rightfully assume that MS has harmed their sales this year regardless... by announcing Scorpio 1.5 years in advance.

I do think XB1 will have a boost once the Scorpio launches, but for now PS4 has a big advantage.... as well as a year to design PS4PP ;).

It's interesting to see if that truly is the case once Scorpio launches and if it had any impact on the PS4's sales as well.

Soundwave said:

Technology costs come down with time, and a year is a long time in tech cycles. 

The Jaguar CPU is 4+ years old by 2017, and it was already a fairly cheap processor in 2013, you really think MS can't get anything better than that now? 

There's no Kinect to add $100 to the sticker price this time around either. 4 years is a long freaking time. 

Puma+ for instance would be a logical improvement over Jaguar.
But a low-powered Zen layout would be even better. (Although doubt it!)

JRPGfan said:

The 399$ price tag doesnt worry them?

If sony drops that 50$ just in time for the scorpio's release.... you ll probably see 150$ price differnce between the two systems. I cant imagine just haveing 1.8 teraflops more, is enough to go "yep thats worth 150$ extra".

A 150$ or more differnce between consoles, aimed at the same market, would worry me if I was a console developer.

Also with the "over a years" worth of headstart, they will have a user base advantage, and friends of friends ect buying the same console effect.

I would honestly be worried about scorpio if I was MS.
I dont even think they can cut features (4k blu-ray player) to lower costs, because it would be weird if the Xbox One Slim has it, but their Scorpio doesnt.

I predict:
1) Scorpio will be expensive 499$-599$.
2) The games wont look noticably better (smaller differnce than normal PS4 vs XB1)
3) The year later launch date hurts them.
4) The PS4 pro gets a price cut right before the Scorpio launches (349$)
5) in 2019, the PS4 pro will have sold atleast 3 times as many consoles, as the Xbox Scorpio.

Scorpio doesn't need to be cheaper, the Xbox One S will still be on the market for more price sensitive consumers/people who are poor/lower income earners.
Scorpio will be the Halo product that sets the bar for graphics.

And 4k Blu-Ray has proven not to add costs, many 4k Blu-Ray drives on PC are regular Blu-Ray drives that just needed a firmware update, it's ironic that Microsoft will have better Blu-ray support than Sony.

Scorpio will be able to take advantage of more graphics effects that would typically be reserved for the PC, the difference will be substantual, probably similar difference we got with the Xbox One and Playstation 4 (Both IMHO were underpowered to begin with.)

Thuglas said:

Isn't it the same exact GPU gap (percentage wise) as OG ps4 and OG XB1? MS spent years claiming this difference is hardly noticeable now all of the sudden it will be "obvious"? If any thing wont it be even less obvious because of diminishing returns in terms of graphical improvement? now the difference is that you have to wait a whole year to get that same difference OG PS4 had over XB1 day one. Will having the relative graphical advantage as OG PS4 to XB1 really make up for the year difference? idk, just something I keep thinking when I see people saying PSpro was a bad move.

As for the price of Scorpio, why would they wait an additional year if they still have to increase the price of the console? It feels like the reason to wait another year is to be able to have a more capable 4k console at the same price point. I think it is possible (and necessary) for Scorpio to launch at $400 next year but I cant see how this situation can be a win for XB1. XB1 is the one that needed to get its mid cycle refresh out sooner in order to gain some momentum. PS4 has the momentum right now and will get a year head start on the "4k" console scene on top of that. Graphics matter and effect sales but so do price and timing.

Relatively, yes the gap should be fairly similar (Percentage wise).
But as an Xbox owner and seeing PS4 games in action, the difference was pretty big and the difference got larger the bigger the panel you gamed on, both paled in comparison to the PC IMHO.

As for price etc'. There has been no pricing information released on Scorpio, people are just worried about the sky falling down, tech drops down in price pretty quickly, so don't be surprised if it's price competitive a year from now... It's also entirely possible that Scorpio ends up being cheaper to manufacture than the Playstation 4 Pro.

It's also interesting seeing Microsoft advertise the Xbox One S and watching how much they leverage the 4k advertising for that box and if it will translate to sales over the Christmas period.

Devs barely took advantage of PS4 even though it has nearly 50% more powerful gpu and ram bandwidth advantage. The only differences were resoution. 900P vs 1080P and 720P vs 900P. They are simply going to have 2 profile one for current system and other for new consoles. Something like 900P for Xbone, 1080P PS4. People with HDTV but having new consoles - 1080P with no fps drop, aa, draw distance etc for PS4Pro and Xbone2. For 4K user it will be something like 1440P and 1800P upscalled to 2160. This is where I see the difference between the two. Tomb raider is having 3 profiles for PS4Pro 1080P unlocked, native 4K with 30fps and 1080Pmax settings at 30fps. This will be same for Xbone2. In 1080P I think both with easily perofrm. 4K is where Xbone2 will run little better. The main difference will be 1440P vs 1800P. Gfx will be same in 1080P mode.

Also if you look at the size and power consumption of PS4Pro it is obvious Xbone2 is going to big. I easily expect it to be 500$

I decided not to buy it, althought I do buy everything (but Apple, hate Apple).
Why?
Well, my day one Xbox One has a broken controler, stopped working and a broken Kinect, after a year, 3 weeks after the warranty expired they broke.
MS tried to force me to buy new ones, but I just use a very long USB cable to force my console to recognize the control.
The Kinect remains broken...
Such things, also, they taking away Xbox Fitness after I bought some trainings, make me lose faith in MS for good.
They can release Skynet level of power but I will still stay away.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

barneystinson69 said:
thismeintiel said:

I have already quite clearly said what I thought it would be priced at, $499.  So, let's not be disingenuous to try and act like you have a point.  There's a reason MS talked about the price of the GPU, to brace people for a higher price.  They are going to ask for a higher price over the PS4 Pro, using the 4K Bluray and ~1.8 Tflops increase as justifications for said price.  Of course, that's not going to help when the Pro will most likely be $150 cheaper than it by the time it finally launches.

Well your statement certainly didn't make it sound like that. "MS is already trying to prep everyone for a higher price with that talk about the GPU alone costing the same as the launch PS3". You're the making it sound like this is going to be a $600-$700 console. And do you honestly believe that a 1.5Tflop boost will cost $150 more like you just stated? The fact stands that Microsoft has said the console will be 6Tflops. Even if those specs were increased, do you honestly believe Microsoft would launch $150 more expensive than the PS Pro? I will bet you that if Microsoft keeps its current specs of 6tflops, it'll launch at no more than $399.

There's only one reason for them to make that statement.  Unless their reason was to signal to investors, "Hey, we're going to take a big loss on this system so we can launch at $399, anyway."  No, they want the Scorpio to seem like an expensive product, so asking $499 seems in line with expectations.

BraLoD said:
CGI-Quality said:

I tend to agree, mostly. A bit more juice (perhaps a 7-8TF machine), and they should just call it the next gen Xbox. 

It'll also have access to VR while the XBO won't, and will very likely have exclusives.
The Scorpio is definitely a next gen system, the problem is that the PS4P is making it looks like it isn't.

VR hasn't really caught on, it's uptake on PC has been left wanting, it's simply far to expensive for most people.

With that said, Phil Spencer has hinted at VR being a "thing" on Scorpio, Microsoft will likely partner up with another company for that push though.

Soundwave said:

I think MS should move up to 12GB to really push their advantage further. Gonna be hard for PS4 devs to make enough hoops to jump through to make up for 4GB less RAM. If PS4 could have 8GB in 2013, 12GB should be doable for the same price or less in 2017. 

16Gb would may waaay more sense due to how the memory controller would likely be laid out, but I think 8Gb would be the realistic target though.

exclusive_console said:

Devs barely took advantage of PS4 even though it has nearly 50% more powerful gpu and ram bandwidth advantage. The only differences were resoution. 900P vs 1080P and 720P vs 900P.

To be fair, there is a big graphics difference between the Xbox One and Playstation 4 in first party titles, but we also haven't had an entire generation to look back on and compare things yet. :P

For Multi-Platforms things get a little muddier, but the Xbox One would often take a resolution and performance hit... And in many cases end up with inferior texturing, shadowing and little effects like reflections turned off... You can see the differences even in "light" games like Overwatch.
The resolution difference though becomes more pronounced the larger/closer you sit to the TV as well.

exclusive_console said:

They are simply going to have 2 profile one for current system and other for new consoles. Something like 900P for Xbone, 1080P PS4. People with HDTV but having new consoles - 1080P with no fps drop, aa, draw distance etc for PS4Pro and Xbone2. For 4K user it will be something like 1440P and 1800P upscalled to 2160. This is where I see the difference between the two. Tomb raider is having 3 profiles for PS4Pro 1080P unlocked, native 4K with 30fps and 1080Pmax settings at 30fps. This will be same for Xbone2. In 1080P I think both with easily perofrm. 4K is where Xbone2 will run little better. The main difference will be 1440P vs 1800P. Gfx will be same in 1080P mode.

Also if you look at the size and power consumption of PS4Pro it is obvious Xbone2 is going to big. I easily expect it to be 500$

They usually just build a game for one platform and then slowly disable effects/resolution/take a framerate hit to match the platforms capabilities, it's something Frostbite has done all generation with the PC being the leed platform.
That is unlikely to change with Scorpio dropping either.

Anyway, resolution is only part of the story, you can see massive gains by having a game render at a higher resolution but still only display it on a 1080P panel.

As for Power and Size, I was an early adopter of the Original Xbox... I am also a high-end PC gamers, obviously those aren't issues for me. ;)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

What's more important for me is that Xbox Scorpio's power advantage over Xbox One will be obvious. I don't see much difference between X1 and PS4 visuals, at least not enough for it to matter, and I don't think difference between Pro and Scorpio will be that significant either, but Scorpio should take things to whole another level compared to X1. Will be a long year to wait...

VR stuff doesn't mean shit for me. If I ever find myself sitting in my living room wearing glasses and helmet I know it's time to re-evaluate my life and possibly seek professional help :D

Zekkyou said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
The gap should be obvious. The Pro merely upgraded an already weak CPU. For all the talk Sony did about 4k, the games aren't native 4k, and it doesn't even play UHD discs.

Plus with Sony limiting what devs can do for Pro owners, I don't see the point in buying it. MP games can't run better on Pro because it would be bad for communities? Uh, ever hear of PC gaming?

I've asked you about this before, but i'm still confused as to why there's such a significant difference in your perception of the gap between the PS4 and X1, vs the Pro and Scorpio. Unknown variables could change this down the line (e.g. past it being 6tf, we know nothing about the Scorpio's GPU design), but as it currently stands the two comparisons seem very similar. I've rarely seen you express anything but apathy for the PS4's hardware advantage, and yet with the Scorpio you've consistently made the assumption it'll offer an advantage significantly larger (enough so for you to jump from apathy to praise). You never really properly addressed this before, so i guess i'll ask a different question: What kind of advantage would you consider "obvious"? Would you consider 1440p vs 4k enough (that being the same as 720p vs 1080p, ignoring diminishing returns)? Does it need to hit both a native 4k, and also offer major graphical improvements (assumably larger in most instance than what we're currently seeing between the Pro and maxed PC)? And i guess most importantly, if it doesn't offer want you want, and instead we end up with differences like 1800p vs 4k (the latter being 44% more), would you be disappointed with the Scorpio?

As i mentioned last times i asked you this stuff, i'm not in any respect trying to 'call you out'. I'm genuinely interested to know where your optimism comes from, and how that optimism would be realised in the real world. 

Who would have thought, he decide to ignore your post and not respond...
(despite responding to other poster immediately after yours)
I was really looking forward to an insight to the inner thoughts of a true fan... I guess the mystery will continue...

Sony needs to step up and announce 1-2 more AAA games at TGS, PGS or Sony experience. I'm not worried about their console lead if they continue pumping out great games.

Pemalite said:
BraLoD said:

It'll also have access to VR while the XBO won't, and will very likely have exclusives.
The Scorpio is definitely a next gen system, the problem is that the PS4P is making it looks like it isn't.

VR hasn't really caught on, it's uptake on PC has been left wanting, it's simply far to expensive for most people.

With that said, Phil Spencer has hinted at VR being a "thing" on Scorpio, Microsoft will likely partner up with another company for that push though.

Soundwave said:

I think MS should move up to 12GB to really push their advantage further. Gonna be hard for PS4 devs to make enough hoops to jump through to make up for 4GB less RAM. If PS4 could have 8GB in 2013, 12GB should be doable for the same price or less in 2017. 

16Gb would may waaay more sense due to how the memory controller would likely be laid out, but I think 8Gb would be the realistic target though.

exclusive_console said:

Devs barely took advantage of PS4 even though it has nearly 50% more powerful gpu and ram bandwidth advantage. The only differences were resoution. 900P vs 1080P and 720P vs 900P.

To be fair, there is a big graphics difference between the Xbox One and Playstation 4 in first party titles, but we also haven't had an entire generation to look back on and compare things yet. :P

For Multi-Platforms things get a little muddier, but the Xbox One would often take a resolution and performance hit... And in many cases end up with inferior texturing, shadowing and little effects like reflections turned off... You can see the differences even in "light" games like Overwatch.
The resolution difference though becomes more pronounced the larger/closer you sit to the TV as well.

exclusive_console said:

They are simply going to have 2 profile one for current system and other for new consoles. Something like 900P for Xbone, 1080P PS4. People with HDTV but having new consoles - 1080P with no fps drop, aa, draw distance etc for PS4Pro and Xbone2. For 4K user it will be something like 1440P and 1800P upscalled to 2160. This is where I see the difference between the two. Tomb raider is having 3 profiles for PS4Pro 1080P unlocked, native 4K with 30fps and 1080Pmax settings at 30fps. This will be same for Xbone2. In 1080P I think both with easily perofrm. 4K is where Xbone2 will run little better. The main difference will be 1440P vs 1800P. Gfx will be same in 1080P mode.

They usually just build a game for one platform and then slowly disable effects/resolution/take a framerate hit to match the platforms capabilities, it's something Frostbite has done all generation with the PC being the leed platform.
That is unlikely to change with Scorpio dropping either.

Anyway, resolution is only part of the story, you can see massive gains by having a game render at a higher resolution but still only display it on a 1080P panel.

As for Power and Size, I was an early adopter of the Original Xbox... I am also a high-end PC gamers, obviously those aren't issues for me. ;)

What do you mean disable affects ? If you look at PS3,360 and PS4, Xbone multiplats the only difference is the resolution and some games early on during PS3 lifecyle had different AA rest of the asset quality was pretty much same PS4Pro and Xbone2 will follow the same trend. That is why I said 1080P mode will be same. Above that 1200P vs 1440P or 1440P vs 1800P or so on will be the only differences. Ok may be there might be 1-2games having more grass density lol

exclusive_console said:

What do you mean disable affects ? If you look at PS3,360 and PS4, Xbone multiplats the only difference is the resolution and some games early on during PS3 lifecyle had different AA rest of the asset quality was pretty much same PS4Pro and Xbone2 will follow the same trend. That is why I said 1080P mode will be same. Above that 1200P vs 1440P or 1440P vs 1800P or so on will be the only differences. Ok may be there might be 1-2games having more grass density lol

I am talking about relative to the PC mostly.

If you look at a game like Overwatch they disabled reflections and toned down shadowing and the game still scales in resolution more often than the PS4 in order to maintain 60fps.

Some games on the PS4 will use HBAO whilst the Xbox One will use SSAO as it's cheaper.

Resolution is only part of the story and you will for the most part not notice unless you had the games running side by side.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--