By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto appears at Apple event - Super Mario Run announced.

Seriously? People are excited about a runner game? The game is really a no-brainer anyway.

Nintendo is publishing the game because:
1. Advertising it's main games on Nintendo's own platforms - if someone buys a console, the someone is going to buy games aswell. And all the games, if it's first or third party, sold on Nintendo's device, is making money for Nintendo.
2. As 3DS and Wii U aren't printing money, and Nintendo need to offset NX launch costs somehow, this could be enough for Nintendo to keep making good profit at the same time NX is taking money.
3. Monetising the retooling of their middleware for ARM SoC.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

This is HUGE ! I can't wait to see how the stock responds to this tomorrow

Soundwave said:
They could make a Zelda game like the DS Zeldas (touch based), I wouldn't be surprised if that's already in development honestly.

I've always figured Phantom Hourglass remastered for tablets would make more sense than remastering for a traditional home console

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

DanneSandin said:
HoloDust said:

Well, Rayman Jungle Run was pretty decent. I also love Vector.

Haven't tried those - not Rayman at least. Most endless runners are boring as hell after 2 minutes

Doesn't really matter when the gsme isn't free to start, does it ?

I suppose this is the inevitable outcome when you lack the insight to maintain healthy profits through creative means.

Hopefully they will put the money to good use.

Around the Network

So we had the 3DS direct, this big bomba with Apple, does anyone think Nintendo will ride this momentum to an NX reveal next week?

Great news!!

Cost them pennies , but will make them millions. I would make a comment about charging a dollar to make Mario jump higher, but you say it's a paid app...

Pokemon GO for apple watches just makes sense.

superchunk said:
superchunk said:
1) huge.
2) Is this actually exclusive to iOS or just only announced on iOS so far?

ok read elsewhere that this is only a timed exclusive. That makes sense I guess.

Someone should have made a thread about how the apple event might overshadow Sony's event ....

My first impression after watching some footage was that the game looked slow, but watching it again, I think it makes up for that a bit by making the game a bit denser than it could have been so maybe it'll be fine.