By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto appears at Apple event - Super Mario Run announced.

Mike_L said:
The_Yoda said:

Someone should have made a thread about how the apple event might overshadow Sony's event ....

I agree that you lose a lot of coverage by announcing a new console revision the same day as (literally minutes after) iPhone 7 but I don't think Super Mario Runner specifically is going to steal a lot of its exposure.

PS4 Pro seems to get the spotlight on many sites so I think they're fine.

Eurogamer

Gamereactor

Gamesradar

Giant Bomb

IGN

PC Gamer

Polygon

PS4 Pro has just been added to Amazon for preorder. If that does well, I don't think Sony will have many regrets.

That was mostly a joke for SuperChunk, that said it was still kind of poor timing.  All the sites you listed are game sites, visit most tech sites and it is 4 to 1 Apple articles vs Sony.  Unfortunately for Sony I saw more negative press than good press but that would likely have happened anyway with them not supporting 4k Blu-ray.  Too bad really, I'd liked to have seen Sony get all the spotlight, but phones are more popular than video game systems.  BTW I don't see anything on the PC Gamer pic you threw up ...

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Pokemon Go is making its way to the Apple Watch.

Even Nintendo can't help Apple watch.

Guess this was to be expected sooner or later.

I plan to download it and try it, but it probably won't captivate me for more than 5 minutes.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I'm still in shock. Can't believe Miyamoto was there.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

PrincessPeach said:
All you do is jump....

I played full mario games on a mobile device in 1993. Tech is de-evolving.

This came out in 1989, was great, had boss fights and everything.

This is pretty weird and worrying a deal though, Apple are massive... but in a way that could swallop up Nintendo.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:

Title

Edit: Super Mario Run announced. Endless runner Mario game.

Edit 2: it's a paid game, will bring Nintendo billions.

Super Mario stickers for iMessage.

Edit 3:

Pokemon Go for Apple Watch.

Official Trailer [Link courtesy of Onionberry]

You gotta know by now Nintendo is best when there's fire under their arse.  Watch, next year they're going to move NX relase to september, but they're going to release Nintendo anime, more details on Universal, Mario on Xbox1 and Nintendo is going to pick up our trash from our homes.  

I kid.

Pavolink said:
I'm still in shock. Can't believe Miyamoto was there.

Imagine the craziness if you could go back in time and post here 2 years ago and tell people that Super Mario for iPhone would be Nintendo's big holiday 2016 title ... lol, people would lose their shit. 

Ganoncrotch said:

This is pretty weird and worrying a deal though, Apple are massive... but in a way that could swallop up Nintendo.

Doubt that MS tried to reel Nintendo back in the early 00s and were dismissed (according to what was reported back then Yamauchi told the MS execs to kiss his balls before telling them to disappear) so I doubt Apple will.

This is bascially Nintendo making money off another format to boost their main ventures.

Miyamoto got huge applause at the Apple event, that was something else. This game looks surprisingly full featured, I didn't think it was possible, but Nintendo seems to have made a good Mario game that can be played just with one hand.

Wyrdness said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Doubt that MS tried to reel Nintendo back in the early 00s and were dismissed (according to what was reported back then Yamauchi told the MS execs to kiss his balls before telling them to disappear) so I doubt Apple will.

This is bascially Nintendo making money off another format to boost their main ventures.

Aye they've been in the game since 1889 haha, they're unlikely to end up in a "beats by dre" position still though, taking the first part stuff away from Nintendo hardware just a couple of months before the reveal of the NX is a bad idea imo, why by the hardware if the characters and experiences could appear on other systems if you get me?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive