By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

jumpship1020 said:

microsoft has halo wars 2 in february...
the last time was recore, but that does not count, because its not AAA
so quantum break, but that does not count, because it's not first party

enjor your listwar alone ;)

The whole 'switcheroo' eh?

This isn't Crapgamers Youtube comments section.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I really want the xbox to sell well, forza, gears, dead rising they deserve it more then sony's offering this year :P
Early next year both consoles seem amazing tough, NioH, Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5 for Ps4 (best start of the year ever) and halo wars 2, crackdown and sea of thieves for microsoft ^_^

Twitter @CyberMalistix

GribbleGrunger said:
Madword said:

He looks like some kind of alt account, dont fall for it :D

• MS has a chance for September, though I think its slim now that sony is shifting old PS4 content to make way for slim.
  • Oct should be sony's based on VR and buzz, I expect the slim to start pulling its weight as original PS4 stock takes over
  • November has to be Sony's right, with the Pro pre-orders, not sure how MS can outsell them there.
  • December, I still think thats Sony's because people will be wanting pro's.
So overall I think MS has a chance to win 1 or 2 months, but would expect that to be very close (i.e like that one month where MS won by 7k), and then Sony just kicks ass as the pro comes out, so no way will MS 2016 sales for the year beat Sony.

About the underlined ...

The PS4 has been in the lead for most of this month with three SKUs: PS4/PS4s/PS4p. The price drop of the COD bundle has simply moved the traffic from a direct split to one that's heavily favouring the cheaper console. Once the cheaper console is sold out then the Slim will rise again. The fact the COD bundle has now risen has absolutly no baring on the final result, it was already in the bag.

Read that in a quiet, peaceful voice with no animosity attached.

I fully expect Sony to win every month this year, but there is always a chance ms could do something :D

There is still time left in the month for crazy offers to happen, especially if things are only 10-20k difference (though that gets less likely as we move towards xmas I think). I think Sony will win it, but that doesnt necessarily mean it will, I dont know what crazy stuff MS will do). 

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

The trouble is, only Amazon and Target are having these insane Collector's Edition deals, making it very difficult to know how the Xbox is doing in the other retailers with just the free regular game. Damn you, Amazon, you're screwing up prediction leagues :P

Madword said:

I fully expect Sony to win every month this year, but there is always a chance ms could do something :D

There is still time left in the month for crazy offers to happen, especially if things are only 10-20k difference (though that gets less likely as we move towards xmas I think). I think Sony will win it, but that doesnt necessarily mean it will, I dont know what crazy stuff MS will do). 

It's never a %100 certainty but data is definitely favouring the PS4.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Xbox getting a nice little boost with their free game promotion. I wonder what impact it'll have on the monthly chart.
Right now I have the PS4 winning Sept NPD by a good margin, this will help close the gap. How much it'll close the gap? I've reserving my final verdict!

CGI-Quality said:
malistix1985 said:
I really want the xbox to sell well, forza, gears, dead rising they deserve it more then sony's offering this year :P
Early next year both consoles seem amazing tough, NioH, Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5 for Ps4 (best start of the year ever) and halo wars 2, crackdown and sea of thieves for microsoft ^_^

Eh, I don't see how one trumps the other. So I never get statements like these.

Yeah I think its silly to compare as everyone is different. I've only ever owned 1 forza, not my thing, dont care about gears, Dead Rising, would love but not buying a console and its coming out on PS4... while I get VR, lots of VR games, last gaurdian and as the case for probably most people, its all about 3rd party.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

SWORDF1SH said:
Xbox getting a nice little boost with their free game promotion. I wonder what impact it'll have on the monthly chart.
Right now I have the PS4 winning Sept NPD by a good margin, this will help close the gap. How much it'll close the gap? I've reserving my final verdict!

It's impossible to tell, since Amazon and Target are having weird and likely unintentional sales going on. The Xbox had a nice boost from the free game promotion yesterday, but rocketed up today with this strange deal where some prime members can get the Halo 500gb and Recore Collector's Edtion (valued at $179.99) for $263, so the hourly charts are skewed heavily in the Xbox's favor (I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up to #1 in an hour or so). It's making it really hard to issue an accurate prediction for September numbers :)

EDIT: The Black Ops 3 bundle is out of stock too. 

jumpship1020 said:
JRPGfan said:

Going by Amazon they lost September. So far this gen, I dont think amazon has once been wrong about who takes NPD's.

Also of those 4 advantages you listed, I think only the 4k blu-ray (tv) one is right.

all ps4 exclusives are delayed. so xbox has gears and  froza, sony again has no (big) excluive titel this holiday
yes, bigger than cod. MS has BF1, Titanfall, Fifa and Madden. Sony only has CoD
the ps4 slim is more powerful? it does not even have 4k or any other benefit over the original ps4. more powerful? if you care about power, you go for the ps4 pro. not a single person will choose a ps4 slim over xbox one s due to being slightly more powerful. they will go for the ps4 pro or don't care about it
better games in 2017? well 2017 exlusive lineup for xb1 and ps4 is on par or personal preference.

The biggest thing to come out this year, from Sony, is The Last Guardian, Will Gravit Rush 2 also launch this year ? But they will have Pro + Slim + PS VR + Price cut to clear stock + Cod and probably FFXV's marketing deal.

Microsoft has TitanFall2's marketing rights ? I did not knew that.  They have Recore, Forza, Gears and the timed exclusivity of Dead Rising, will State of Decay launch this year ? Im completely off from games release dates. Taking away Forza, which they have every year. It is a pretty normal holidays season for Microsoft.

The thing is that Gran Turismo got delayed to  2017. Gran Turismo is, atleast, in the same level of sales potential than Gears of War. But Forza and Recore are not  big like those 2, and Dead Rising is a timed exclusive, the other ones did well but not blockbusters.

As for the PS4, if the FFXV's launch is in the December's NPD, that will be enought to make PS4, after the Pro's launch, to take the lead for December. The difference of sales between PS4 and XBox One versions of Japanese games is very big, even bigger for JRPGs.

Yeah Final Fantasy XV launches late november.
That should mean December is in the bag for Sony.