By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

I LOVE GIGGS said:
One point which would really help make the discussion healthier and more fun is that "you don't need to outsell your competitor to be considered selling good". Both consoles could have a very good month yet one is outselling the other. This month would be a very good example of that. PS4 would outsell X1 but both would do really good relative to previous years.

PS3 and X360 didn't even come close to outselling the Wii yet they sold historically very very very VERY HIGH numbers. It was a successful generation for the three companies.

As an Xbox fan, do I wish the One to outsell the PS4? Yes. Am I disappointed that it lost the generation to PS4? Yes. Does it mean Xbox is doing bad? No. Does it make it less enjoyable? No, it might actually push Microsoft to bring better games/services.

This generation, PS4 is like the iphone. You don't have to outsell the iphone to be considered doing good in the smartphone market. Unless something major happen, nothing is going to change the big picture.

Iphone fans don't need to act surprise every quarter when they announce how much they sold compared to others. Samsung fans don't need to bring crazy ideas when Galaxy outsells the iphone in it launch week or month. Acting smart and repeating that you expect the iphone to outsell others would just bring unnecessary and ugly discussion.

People need to get this and stop repeating the same thing 100 times a month. From both sides.

To be fair, in the end the Xbox 360 and PS3 sold 11-12 millions less than the Wii U. That isn't a big gap since the generations prior to that had a 60 and 130 millions of gap.

Around the Network
poklane said:

Leaked for Europe

Via French retailer Micromania http://www.micromania.fr/pack-ps4-slim-1-to-the-last-guardian-72597.html?

Oh, it's a nice bundle.

Maybe i will get one for my brother Xmas present.