By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

JRPGfan said:
Yeah Final Fantasy XV launches late november.
That should mean December is in the bag for Sony.

FF 15 isn't exclusive, I think december is in the bag because of the pro and 4k sales

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
JRPGfan said:

FF 15 isn't exclusive, I think december is in the bag because of the pro and 4k sales

But the amount of playstation users that are intrested in that game, is probably 10 times the amount on the xbox side.

And Final Fantasy is a console seller, its that type of games that ll make people go out and get a system for it.

malistix1985 said:
JRPGfan said:

True, but it might as well be. Even when the 360 was pummeling the ps3 in US sales, FFXIII still outsold the Xbox version by nearly 400k in first month NPD sales alone (this was when the 360 had a 10 million console lead, by the way) and the gap was even wider for FFXIII-2, I think. XV will likely sell around 2.5 - 4 times better on ps4 in the US alone. 

malistix1985 said:
JRPGfan said:

It's not and the limited edition is ridiculously expensive, as well. However, the JRPG fanbase is substantially larger on the PS4 than on the XB1. The PS4 has gotten a lot of JRPGs so far this year (e.g. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Valkyria Chronicles Remastered, Odin Sphere Leifhrasir, Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force) and will be getting more before FFXV (e.g. Dragon Quest Builders, Exist Archive, SAO: Hollow Realization). None of them are big nor do they move much hardware, but the small things add up and they help maintain interest in the PS4 userbase. This is much better than the JRPG offerings on the XB1. FF Type-0 and Stranger of Sword City in ~3 years are not enough to maintain a JRPG fan's interest, especially when both games are available on other platforms, too.

This will greatly affect the sales distribution of FFXV. The PS4 version will garner a lot more interest (and the Pro version got positive reception, too), which will lead to substantially greater word of mouth for that version over the XB1 version. Considering Sony also has marketing rights to FFXV, I bet the company will be very aggressive on advertising the PS4 with the game.

One thing to keep in mind last gen PS3 was heavely promoted with FF13 but this generation I would say final fantasy has been a bit slutty

Lets be honest, if you are watching a Xbox show or a Ps4 show, FF15 will be on it. So I think it should be associated with both consoles equally, obviously the PS4 version will sell much better, but in consoles sold I think the PS4 pro will hold the lead, since the game will be much better on it, but I don't think people will get a PS4 slim over a Xbox one S for FF15

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
One thing to keep in mind last gen PS3 was heavely promoted with FF13 but this generation I would say final fantasy has been a bit slutty

Lets be honest, if you are watching a Xbox show or a Ps4 show, FF15 will be on it. So I think it should be associated with both consoles equally, obviously the PS4 version will sell much better, but in consoles sold I think the PS4 pro will hold the lead, since the game will be much better on it, but I don't think people will get a PS4 slim over a Xbox one S for FF15

I do. Most people that are intrested in JRPGs, but havnt gotten a new console yet, probably know support with such games is better on playstation.

When they finally bite the bullet, and get a system, they ll go with the playstation simply because "extra".

Even if you buy a console for 1 game, typically you plan ahead and want other games too.

malistix1985 said:

Funny thing, though, is that last gen, it was the 360 that had a limited edition bundle with FFXIII and MS had marketing rights to the game last gen.

Even zero has given up making alts. Prinz, the gift that just keeps on giving. I remember before you were banned me and you used to have some long ass debates but then as the song goes "you had to spoil it all by saying something stupid like I love you (replace love you with make alts while banned xD)

BraLoD said:
Kerotan said:
Ps4 slim #1 on amazon Japan
Fifa 17 #2 in Japan.

Surprisingly good performance for fifa.

Didn't we used to have Japanese Amazon threads as well?
What happened to them?

Skullwaker used to do them until he gave up.  Then a mod,  I think Carl was meant to continue it but he lost interest.  So we just talk about it in here instead. 

Xbox One S is killing it :D Any reason why is so high?