By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Detatchable NX Controllers Support Motion Control and Force Feedback

baloofarsan said:

NX will play NES/SNES/GC games with a "normal" controller.
And NES/SNES/GC games with a off-TV controller with a screen.
And Wii games with motion controls.
And Wii U and 3DS games with dual screens or off-TV.
And VR games with a Gear VR device and motion controls!
Maybe the screen is glasses free 3D ,making the Gear VR device simple?
By the way what happened to the rumored free form screen from Sharp?

The Gear VR works OK because it uses the Samsung high resolution OLED panels .... Nintendo would have to spend a considerable amount on the display to do what Samsung does with Gear VR. Some shitty 720p display screen (or less) isn't going to cut it. 

Around the Network

I'm skeptical. This reminds me of the advanced heptic feedback they talked about before the Wii U was shown off

Soundwave said:
baloofarsan said:

NX will play NES/SNES/GC games with a "normal" controller.
And NES/SNES/GC games with a off-TV controller with a screen.
And Wii games with motion controls.
And Wii U and 3DS games with dual screens or off-TV.
And VR games with a Gear VR device and motion controls!
Maybe the screen is glasses free 3D ,making the Gear VR device simple?
By the way what happened to the rumored free form screen from Sharp?

The Gear VR works OK because it uses the Samsung high resolution OLED panels .... Nintendo would have to spend a considerable amount on the display to do what Samsung does with Gear VR. Some shitty 720p display screen (or less) isn't going to cut it. 

Just fantasizing!

malistix1985 said:
COKTOE said:

The graffiti parts? I remember thinking they were clunky, and a more difficult to control than they should have been.

Yeah, Those, I also remember in Uncharted on the PS3 you needed to hold the controller or something to walk over a tree, basicly, every motion control game I have ever played, I disliked, I hope I am not the majority because I really hope the NX won't have any Motion Control and if it does support it (like on PS3/4) I hope its very limited.

Agreed. Although I didn't mind the stuff in Uncharted. I was very sparsely used as well. Saw your post on the other thread about force feedback and rumble. Agree with you there too. That lost it's novelty shortly after I got the rumble pack with Starfox 64. Used it a bit for F-Zero, Turok 2, GoldenEye, and Perfect Dark, but since then ( a looong time ago ) I always disable it.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Ok - I don't want to see validation on actual detachable full controllers. That is not a good idea. I was in the line of thought that 'detachable' controller related to the idea of swapping specific parts such as a thumb stick for a d-pad, which could be useful when using portable functions.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Ok - I don't want to see validation on actual detachable full controllers. That is not a good idea. I was in the line of thought that 'detachable' controller related to the idea of swapping specific parts such as a thumb stick for a d-pad, which could be useful when using portable functions.

A controller with a screen is a good idea and detachable controllers aren't? I say you need to try it first before passing judgement. I think Nintendo is on to something.

More motions controls. No way a major corporation could be this stupid...

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

AZWification said:

I'm not bothered by the presence of motion controls, I actually think they will be necessary for Splatoon 2 and hopefully Metroid Prime 4.

Hoping for this. I think the motion controls in prime 3 where superb. Also loved skyward sword even though many dint.

Motion controls have their place, as long as nintendo doent require the use of it like they made third partys use the tablet in some way. Some games should have it some games dont.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

alternine said:

Mtion controls would not drive the price up, its a feture that would just add to the console, it would be better to have a feture thats most dont use than not have a feture that some would want to use. What is so stupid about that?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
alternine said:

Mtion controls would not drive the price up, its a feture that would just add to the console, it would be better to have a feture thats most dont use than not have a feture that some would want to use. What is so stupid about that?

Basically, this is just more options, it not like every NX game will have heavy based motion controls.