By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Detatchable NX Controllers Support Motion Control and Force Feedback

I actually think this news is worrying.

I dont think many people that play on handhelds in trains & busses, do it with other players, or want to do so.
I cant imagine it being any better than its motion controllers.

People on trains&busses dont want to take up too much space, or swing their arms around.
And you know someone is gonna try playing even on a crowded train/bus, and accidently hit someone because of this.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
JRPGfan said:

Assuming all those rumors are true, the detachable controllers would not be for multiplayer on the go, neither would anyone use motion controls on the go.

This entire idea would not be about offering the same experience everywhere, it would be about making use of the strengths that handhelds have over home consoles and vice versa.

I hope Im just not "getting it" and whats being said is somehow wrong, or how I imagine it.

Nintendo need to show this thing off soon, its driveing me crazy with all these weird rumors.

Louie said:
So these controllers could potentially give us all the inputs of a traditional controller and be used for the next Wii Sports as well? Count me in! Motion controls are great for some types of games.

Yes, thats how I seeing it.

Some people here think every NX game will have controles like Wii Sports. Lol.

JRPGfan said:
I actually think this news is worrying.

I dont think many people that play on handhelds in trains & busses, do it with other players, or want to do so.
I cant imagine it being any better than its motion controllers.

People on trains&busses dont want to take up too much space, or swing their arms around.
And you know someone is gonna try playing even on a crowded train/bus, and accidently hit someone because of this.

I think you missing point here (not just you), it's very unlikely you will use motion controls while you playing NX handheld (probably worst case will be like for aiming in Splatoon), but when controllers are death from handheld they can be used like motion controls also for some motion controlled games like Just Dance for instance.

I'm not bothered by the presence of motion controls, I actually think they will be necessary for Splatoon 2 and hopefully Metroid Prime 4.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
malistix1985 said:
Force feedback seems fine, but I have never enjoyed Motion Control, so I hope that is not true, even on the playstation when a game forces me, like infamous second son, to use limited motion control, I really don't enjoy it. I also have nightmares of the Wii system, that really wasn't for me.

The graffiti parts? I remember thinking they were clunky, and a more difficult to control than they should have been.

Yeah, Those, I also remember in Uncharted on the PS3 you needed to hold the controller or something to walk over a tree, basicly, every motion control game I have ever played, I disliked, I hope I am not the majority because I really hope the NX won't have any Motion Control and if it does support it (like on PS3/4) I hope its very limited.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

interesting!

I don't. Mind motion controls but i think NX should cut all ties with the Wii brand and not use the wii mote or any wii accessories.

they said exactly the same for the then rumoured wii (revolution) and the wii u

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

AZWification said:

I'm not bothered by the presence of motion controls, I actually think they will be necessary for Splatoon 2 and hopefully Metroid Prime 4.

Of Course, Metroid Prime 4 with some kind of motion controls. :)