By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Mans Sky has lost 90% of its players

foodfather said:
It's probably sold a million though. Thats an easy $70 million at least in the bank for Sony and that's all they cared about. I doubt the development budget was more than 10 million.

Sony won't get $70 per copy since the game was $60. Also, they will probably only get whatever they agreed as a distributor. I suppose it is easy money for them since they didn't pay anything for developing it unless they spent silly money marketing it. 

Around the Network
foodfather said:
It's probably sold a million though. Thats an easy $70 million at least in the bank for Sony and that's all they cared about. I doubt the development budget was more than 10 million.

That's some fucked up math right there. $60 x 1 million - $10M budget - retailers cut = $70M in Sony's bank???

So Sony have this $70M while Hello Games who are the publishers and developers have -$30M. Sounds legit!

It's been a huge success commercially and I'm loving the game but the hype machine does seem to have attracted a lot of people that wouldn't really like this game or who are too impatient to went for the updates.

The criticism is justified but this is exactly my favourite type of game and love the feel of the game and interesting procedurally generated worlds.

SWORDF1SH said:
foodfather said:

That's some fucked up math right there. $60 x 1 million - $10M budget - retailers cut = $70M in Sony's bank???

So Sony have this $70M while Hello Games who are the publishers and developers have -$30M. Sounds legit!

The levels of lol with the math were enough to make the Gek fart, the Vy'keen best you to a pulp and the Korvax disown you. 

I wonder what it is like for active players on PS4? I would imagine it's better than this.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Luke888 said:

And people said the Pokémon GO situation was bad...

Hello Games (and damn near every developer) pray for a Pokemon GO situation. Their user retention isn't anywhere near as bad as NMS.

I'm heading to the centre!

The PS5 Exists. 

SWORDF1SH said:
Yep that's pretty bad. I'm not surprised considering how it ran on PC in all honesty. These are PC figures.

to be fair the patch that came out a few days after launch sorted out the performance issues and has since ran really smooth with no issues but it really wan't unplayable.

hatmoza said:
I guess the skies are truly for no man then...

I'll show myself out.

Dammit, you stole my pun!

I really don't think its surprising at all, I kinda thought after a few days play time that NMS would be a very heavily front loaded on sales with very little legs and no matter what content they add over the next year or two will never really impact any sales and it may get to the point where there is only a very hardcore fan base left and not worth updating.