By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Mans Sky has lost 90% of its players

mjk45 said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Digital or disc?

Digital , warping seems more stable since the patches , but still getting  lock up with the error code not as frequent but it happens also launching off planet, the worst thing was , I had to go to the toilet since I was on a mild planet I left myself in a cave came back to find in the space of a minute I had died but the strange thing I was no longer in the back of the cave  but at the vfront and when I went to get my gear back from my  grave it gabve me nothing and I lost  my nine atlas gems.

There goes my theory and credibility, thanks!  Ha. :)

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network

I'm one of those people who has left the game, but only for the time being. I'll be back in soon with a patch when they add more gameplay elements.

They've created the foundations for an amazing sandbox to play in and unlike destiny, they are moving a lot faster with fixes.

I think the devs also understand they need to move quick with creating content or they might lose out on future sales on the current and any additional platforms.

zero129 said:

Dude i hope you dont take this the wrong way

But i remember a batterd wife who used to keep making excuses for her cheating husband, one of the things she used to say was "Well this lifes not for everybody thats for sure but he loves me and i him, so how he lies to me or hurts me doesnt matter"

Its just kinda funny how this post from you reminded me of that.

Tbh that's how it's been going since launch, it's why we have die hards who went well out of their way to excuse the game and then attack people like Jim Sterling by taking down his site.

Also the "it's not for everyone" is an excuse that is being used far more often these days to stem the tide of criticism from others, by saying "it's not for you", you are easily warding fof what that person can say about the game and dismiss it as nothing because you can say "it's not for you buddy". 

We have had some negative NMS threads but we've also had counter threads to those designed to ward off the negativity on purpose rather than simply ignoring it and enjoying the game, this is why we end up with vague jabs half the time and it does no one any good and just causes this whole ruckus of "X fave game of mine was slandered, therefore I must slander those who spoke ill of it". 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Appears to be a massive success for an indie game.

Not my cup of tea, but its good to see a small team find such success.

Chazore said:
zero129 said:

But i remember a batterd wife who used to keep making excuses for her cheating husband, one of the things she used to say was "Well this lifes not for everybody thats for sure but he loves me and i him, so how he lies to me or hurts me doesnt matter"

Tbh that's how it's been going since launch, it's why we have die hards who went well out of their way to excuse the game and then attack people like Jim Sterling by taking down his site.

Also the "it's not for everyone" is an excuse that is being used far more often these days to stem the tide of criticism from others, by saying "it's not for you", you are easily warding fof what that person can say about the game and dismiss it as nothing because you can say "it's not for you buddy". 

We have had some negative NMS threads but we've also had counter threads to those designed to ward off the negativity on purpose rather than simply ignoring it and enjoying the game, this is why we end up with vague jabs half the time and it does no one any good and just causes this whole ruckus of "X fave game of mine was slandered, therefore I must slander those who spoke ill of it". 

Like the multiple vague jabs you're throwing out right now? Lol You guys are just as guilty.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
SWORDF1SH said:

O shit yeah, sorry I'm out of order.

Sean Murray Sucks! He killed my bunny and shit in my cornflakes!

Now I fit in!

Actually, the people who criticize No Man's Sky are behaving overwhelmingly in a reasonable manner.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

alternine said:

Like the multiple vague jabs you're throwing out right now? Lol You guys are just as guilty.

What vague direct jab am I making besides pointing out that the past few NMS threads have had at least two suers deciding they want to take on a few more that dare speak ill of the game. What I am pointing out isn't a vague jab, it;s a fact that people have indeed attacked Jim Sterlings site out of hate for his review, not even a slight jab at all and then the same goes for those going out of their way on here to jab people for saying anything ill of the game rather than just playing it.

Just saying "you're just as guilty" isn't going to stop me from pointing out that the jabs are going on, you want me to stop the supposed jabbing then they should be the first to stop.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
zero129 said:

Between the sad posters on reddit, the even sadder people who took down Jim Sterling's site because he gave it a 5/10, and the plethora of people willing to apologize and make excuses for HG's lies, it's certainly been one of the most surprising games I can remember in recent history, at least in terms of fanbase. And it's not even an exclusive of any kind. Bizarre.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Chazore said:

Between the sad posters on reddit, the even sadder people who took down Jim Sterling's site because he gave it a 5/10, and the plethora of people willing to apologize and make excuses for HG's lies, it's certainly been one of the most surprising games I can remember in recent history, at least in terms of fanbase. And it's not even an exclusive of any kind. Bizarre.

The Order was close, though.

Not tust reviewers were attacked but the forums were filled with finding excuses for the game like “I will take my time with it“ because it was shockingly short or “RAD achieved what they wanted to achieve“. It wss then where people developed an attitude against reviews in a large way.

I am telling you guys, I shall play this game for free on PSN Plus very soon =)
I like roguelike procedure generated games, they are kinda peaceful and it has a meaningless feeling to them that pleases me, like 7 DAYS TO DAY, which I love.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.