By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim... that design tho.

the original ps4 all day. 176 67.95%

the new slim version, it's delicately cute. 83 32.05%

Total:259

It looks like a big hard drive.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Amazing how people suddenly call this "sexy". I'm reminded of June 10, 2013 when very few said this about the design. 

Nope, most people love(d) the design.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

onionberry said:

ok a small poll to see if I'm in the minority, but imho the ps4 slim looks like a scale, idk something about the design bothers me and the original looks better.

Scale

PS4 Slim

I liked the OG PS4 better too, but I think the slim is still cute somehow. It's a very minimalist design and it's going to grow on people, maybe on you too!

Don't mind the slim design. It obvious that they have managed to reduce the size of the parts as well as removing some small features from the original (ie lightbar and optical), but I do hope that they seriously reduce the price. The last price drop was in October 2015 in the UK, going from £349 to £299, although in the lead up to Xmas and throughout this year, you can pick up units for £260+ including games. Seeing as the RRP has been £299 for the last 10 months and we are seeing more that likely a cheaper unit to build, we should surely see a £249 PS4 Slim at the most.

What does this do for the Neo though? Are we likely to see a £349 Neo? Not sure, but it looks like there will only be a 500Gb Slim and I reckon we may see a 1TB or even a 2TB Neo, so this may push up the price to £399.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Shit is like the Twilight Zone. Happens all the time a new console or console revision is made.
I think the console looks fine, as if it matters, my video game consoles are hidden behind my TV.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Fei-Hung said:
One S looks like a cheese grater.
Vanilla X1 looks like an ancient DVR thing.

PS4S looks like a fancy scale.
Vanilla PS4 looked like a giant eraser.

WIIU looked like a Fisher price toy.

There is no winning when everyone is a critic lol

Showing your (young) age there. In ancient times there was no DVR, only VHS (and Betamax).

Are you trying to chat me up sir? I'm flattered either way lol

My cousin was into the business of dodgy cable boxes. I came across the first one when i was about 18 I think. My cousin was importing them from Germany and when they arrived here he woukd mod them. That was 16 years ago!

It looks like the Apple Airport Hub, but in black and with a PS logo.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the design although I woukd have loved to see a light under the lid so it looks like the top is floating under a pulsing light (does that make sense?!)

Jranation said:
Yeah it looks quite ugly.......
I still like the look of XONE S than that.
And the Orginal PS4 than that.

really? for me the S looks like cheese with these holes

Ruler said:
Jranation said:

I agree, I hate the perforated holes, I think it looks nasty. Like the corrugated PS3 Slim #2. That thing looked pretty bad.

The Xbox has gone from 80s VCR to 80s music speaker.

But we all have our opinions and tastes.

Ruler said:
Jranation said:

I prefer that than what looks like 2 of my portable hard drive on top of each other. Like I would have mistaken it for a DVD player. 

Pocky Lover Boy!